Cannot View

dublish

Does anybody know how to open a web page big-boys.com or gprime.net.When i click on a foto the small built in media player goes black and cannot stream the short funny vid :o .There good sites and good for a laugh as the small vids take seconds to load Ive asked TRUE and they said the site is not blocked in any way.Thank you in advance for any replies. :D

TRUE 1MB

XP PRO SP2

ZONE ALARM PRO

MEDIA PLAYER 10

Opens fine with me on TRUE. Probably is your browser setting - you have not told us what browser you are using.

I use Maxthon which is IE based, but far superior. In all browsers are setting you can adjust, such as 'internet security' setting in IE.

Cheers for the heads up - great site!!!

Edited by Pandit

Opens fine with me on TRUE. Probably is your browser setting - you have not told us what browser you are using.

I use Maxthon which is IE based, but far superior. In all browsers are setting you can adjust, such as 'internet security' setting in IE.

Cheers for the heads up - great site!!!

IE6 is the browser,pandit fill me in on this maxthon is it easy to change over?free etc, sorry bit of a novice here :o i have put the site into trusted sites im out of ideas :D

enjoy the site theres a few pearlers in there just wish i could view :D

www.maxthon.com

While l prefer Firefox, Maxthon is also good. It uses the Internet Explorer engine but adds a lot more functionality such as tabbed browsing. Plenty of info on the site, lots better than using IE. You don't delete IE, you just have another browser option.

Give it a try, you will like it l think.

if you are using IE^ then go to tools/internet options/security and select medium low - that might help. Or you can set security to off if you want to try it to see if the problem lies there.

Maxthon is perhaps the easiest of the alternative browsers to install. DL from the link in previous post and install. But generally it will block more that IE6 does - block ads, spyware, banners etc ... Have a play around with it and come back with anything you cannot work out.

It does have a few handy keys at the bottom that some people miss - one is enable/disable all filters which is good for getting into sites that are blocked as ads. Another is open links in new window - for when you are on the title page of a newspaper, you can click on various stories and they open in the background.

Here's a link for comparisons between different browsers and their advantage over IE.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...hl=browser+wars

if you are using IE^ then go to tools/internet options/security and select medium low - that might help. Or you can set security to off if you want to try it to see if the problem lies there.

Maxthon is perhaps the easiest of the alternative browsers to install. DL from the link in previous post and install. But generally it will block more that IE6 does - block ads, spyware, banners etc ... Have a play around with it and come back with anything you cannot work out.

It does have a few handy keys at the bottom that some people miss - one is enable/disable all filters which is good for getting into sites that are blocked as ads. Another is open links in new window - for when you are on the title page of a newspaper, you can click on various stories and they open in the background.

Here's a link for comparisons between different browsers and their advantage over IE.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...hl=browser+wars

Many thanks for that lads,just a question or 2 ,does it keep my favourites?will it overide ie6 or will i have a choice between the two?if i create a sys restore pt can i change it back if i dont like it (or it doesnt work).Pandit this might sound mad but its impossible to get the slider to go to off on the security setting it just bounces back up telling me that medium low is the least it will support its sp2 that the problem lies(i think) :o

www.maxthon.com

While l prefer Firefox, Maxthon is also good. It uses the Internet Explorer engine but adds a lot more functionality such as tabbed browsing. Plenty of info on the site, lots better than using IE. You don't delete IE, you just have another browser option.

Cheers highwayman ill have a look at the 2 in question,any major pros and cons between the 2?

www.maxthon.com

Cheers highwayman ill have a look at the 2 in question,any major pros and cons between the 2?

Dont answer that ive just opened the page now(previous topic) :o