Thai Anti-Riot Squad Cut Up By Soldiers In Black

webfact

^not surprising Publicus, you know as well as I do that are many forces at work here other than the obvious.

What I just don't get is why you hard core Thaksin/Red Shirt apologists now backpedal from the explicit statements of the red army that they are there to spill blood, kill and/or maim government representatives, cause chaos, burn down Bangkok, derail the light rail with passengers on it, etc. etc. etc. These kinds of statements are all very well documented in many many speeches given by the reds over the last few weeks.

I find it fascinating that now that the reds got their wish through their own devious intentions that they go wailing about the consequences of their threatening statements.

You play, you pay!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit : Does anybody know if the discharge from a weapon is the same when firing rubber bullets and live ammo.

i.e When firing rubber bullets does fire come out the end of the rifle?

shell markings will be different as well as the casing. You wouldn't want to mistake the two. :)

Red-shirt supporter punches deputy minister

A red-shirt supporter punched Deputy Agriculture Minister Supachai Phosu in the ear Wednesday while he was visiting constituents in Nakhon Phanom to mark Songkran.

Supachai's entourage was followed by some 30 red shirts led by a local politician, who kept criticising the deputy minister through a sound system fitted in a pickup truck.

-------------------------------

Why do they need to provoke violence...? Why are they so hel_l bent on trying to provoke more bloodshed? The reds get goonier every day. Creeps, thugs and murderers.

The Ministry of Information and Communications Technology has instructed its staff to monitor the posting of pictures which show violence in the clashes on Saturday. People are warned not to post comments divisive to society.

http://www.google.com/search?q=The+Ministr...amp;startPage=1

I'm sure Thai Visa will be able to clarify further from Nation sources.

Edited by whiterussian

Why are they so hel_l bent on trying to provoke more bloodshed? The reds get goonier every day. Creeps, thugs and murderers.

Because they'd rather die than carry on being treated like the useless turds you consider them to be?

I can already hear a reposte - 'Well when they start acting like civilized people, then they'll be treated as such...'

How do people get 'civilized' if it isn't through the co-operation of the entire nation-state.

How did you get 'civilized' - were you born that way?

Why are they so hel_l bent on trying to provoke more bloodshed? The reds get goonier every day. Creeps, thugs and murderers.

Because they'd rather die than carry on being treated like the useless turds you consider them to be?

I calls them as I sees them. They don't want to die, as is obvious with all of their whining after the fact. They do want their 500 Baht a day pay though from Thaksin, and will do what they need to do to get it... :)

Dunno I fired M16A into watermelons and didnt have the same effect that's why I think it was higher caliber, smth like a 50mm 7.62 round or above.

Uh, the last time I had water melon I didn't find any bones in it. :) The 5.56 will tumble after about 3" in tissue but nearly immediately after hitting bone. This starts the tumbling which causes the bullet to rapidly lose energy as it scatters. This energy is transfered to the tissue as a pressure wave which can cause the weakened skull to rupture. The below is the ballistics effects on only soft tissue. The pressure wave is greater based on velocity and in the case of the 5.56 around 2800-3300 fps.

post-102927-1271268285_thumb.jpg

BTW - the same medical ballistics graph for a 7.62 shows nearly a straight narrow path, that is in and out (a through and through).

Edited by OccamsRazor

It appears that the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) has taken the Emergency Decree one step further.

Thaneerat Siripachana, Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology has told his staff to keep track of posting of images which depict violence from 9-10 April. Citizens are also not to “post comments divisive to society.”

As with many of the vague statements emanating from the current Thai government, PPT wishes to know, exactly what constitutes information “divisive to society”?

source: http://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/

The Ministry of Information and Communications Technology has instructed its staff to monitor the posting of pictures which show violence in the clashes on Saturday. People are warned not to post comments divisive to society.

According to www.dailyworldtoday.com on 12 April, Thaneerat Siripachana, Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology, said that on grounds of national security, the ministry would seek cooperation from webmasters of domestic websites to prevent the dissemination of such pictures. In the case of websites located abroad such as YouTube, the Ministry will work with the Foreign Ministry to seek cooperation from host countries.

He warned that the people should not post divisive comments, as they would violate the Emergency Decree and the 2007 Computer Crimes Act.

Source:

http://www.dailyworldtoday.com/columblank.php?colum_id=36853

LOL, so when are sources required on TV? Especially from the Red apologists? :)

Well I realize why you are so cranky mate... BTW how is the noise level these days outside your flat, not sure you have updated us on it in a while?

Edited by britmaveric

Edit : Does anybody know if the discharge from a weapon is the same when firing rubber bullets and live ammo.

shell markings will be different as well as the casing. You wouldn't want to mistake the two. :)

The question has to do about the force of the discharge from the weapon firing actual bullets vs rubber bullets. The force required to propel a 'rubber' bullet is less than the explosive force required to fire a 'real' bullet. While a real bullet is intended to penetrate the body with leathal force, the 'rubber' bullet is intented to have the effect of stinging, stunning and stopping a person without penetrating the body and without inflicting leathal or serious harm or injury.

The point that the watermelon doesn't have bones or brain tissue etc is another point of reality that cannot be overlooked as there is a world of difference between a bullet from any caliber weapon penetrating a watermelon and a human head with its skull and brain tissue. Even a melonhead would know and realize the enormous difference and never in a million years try to offer the two as analogous or even remotely same or similar.

According to www.dailyworldtoday.com on 12 April, Thaneerat Siripachana, Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology, said that on grounds of national security, the ministry would seek cooperation from webmasters of domestic websites to prevent the dissemination of such pictures. In the case of websites located abroad such as YouTube, the Ministry will work with the Foreign Ministry to seek cooperation from host countries.

He warned that the people should not post divisive comments, as they would violate the Emergency Decree and the 2007 Computer Crimes Act.

Source:

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear. Slippery slope.

:):D:D

Edited by whiterussian

Source:

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear. Slippery slope.

:):D:D

Oh dear indeed. Evidently the government still thinks that the ThaiCom satellite farce was a clever tactic, successful in quelling the general discontent of the reds.

^tell that to the lad who lost half his head. :)

Ask Thaksin why he ordered that red to be killed by his own goons.... :D

Source?

LOL, so when are sources required on TV? Especially from the Red apologists? :D

You just seem so sure of the facts, whilst most "yellow apologists" conclude that no-one really knows what happened on Saturday other than the whole truth has not yet been told.

Source:

Why would they want to block videos on youtube? Don't make sense!

By the way did you already spot the snipers in this video?

3 shots just after 3 minutes top Building on left.

2nd hits the monument which you can see.

Edited by monkfish

Source:

No wonder I couldn't find this video on his channel... :)

The question has to do about the force of the discharge from the weapon firing actual bullets vs rubber bullets. The force required to propel a 'rubber' bullet is less than the explosive force required to fire a 'real' bullet. While a real bullet is intended to penetrate the body with leathal force, the 'rubber' bullet is intented to have the effect of stinging, stunning and stopping a person without penetrating the body and without inflicting leathal or serious harm or injury.

The point that the watermelon doesn't have bones or brain tissue etc is another point of reality that cannot be overlooked as there is a world of difference between a bullet from any caliber weapon penetrating a watermelon and a human head with its skull and brain tissue. Even a melonhead would know and realize the enormous difference and never in a million years try to offer the two as analogous or even remotely same or similar.

Thanks for the detailed answer :D

In some of the evening video clips on youtube you see what huge flames coming out of the barrels.

Would that mean they firing live rounds or rubber?

From what I have heard you probably wouldn't see a flame at all with rubber bullets.

yup clear as daylight at 3:36

very sad events.

Be interesting to know how many actual gunshots wounds there were among the injured reds and army.

If that guy with the metal cane is to be believed... look like they were going for his leg...

i think most rubber bullets come from shotguns, so scattered traces of light, unlike these... at least that what they use in UK and US...?

is that a farang at 3:57!! ******ing *****!!!

Edited by whiterussian

Red-shirt supporter punches deputy minister

A red-shirt supporter punched Deputy Agriculture Minister Supachai Phosu in the ear Wednesday while he was visiting constituents in Nakhon Phanom to mark Songkran.

Supachai's entourage was followed by some 30 red shirts led by a local politician, who kept criticising the deputy minister through a sound system fitted in a pickup truck.

-------------------------------

Why do they need to provoke violence...? Why are they so hel_l bent on trying to provoke more bloodshed? The reds get goonier every day. Creeps, thugs and murderers.

I guess they have their own definition of 'Democracy" TIT BTW this intimidation is also one of the reasons why you can't have free and fair elections in this country.

I can already hear a reposte - 'Well when they start acting like civilized people, then they'll be treated as such...'

How do people get 'civilized' if it isn't through the co-operation of the entire nation-state.

"turd is as turd does" Forrest Gump

Source:

this raises yet more interesting questions - why would a sniper be aiming at the monument, surely they'd be able to hit their targets or at least get near to their targets.

If it was the military then what would be the point of leaving bullet holes all over the monumnet - if it was the reds then how did the sniper get onto the building without being spotted by the helicopters flying around all afternoon/evening??

"turd is as turd does" Forrest Gump

Using Forrest Gump to back up your arguments does rather highlight the insubstantial nature of your position.

Got any quotes from the Muppets?

Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Here's one I like:

"It's not often you see a guy that green have the blues that bad." - Rowlf the Dog (Muppet Movie)

Maybe he had a premonition about Anupong?

Edited by hanuman1

OMG, I think the MICT need to look into this.....

Rabble-rousing red republicanism:

[national anthem plays]

Kermit: Patriotic part.

Robin the Frog: Should we stand up?

Kermit: No.

Frog or convicted criminal - you decide:

Kermit: I brought them all here ..... and it's all my fault.

Kermit's Conscience: Still, whether you promised them something or not, you gotta remember - they wanted to come.

Kermit: But... that's because they believed in me.

Kermit's Conscience: No, they believed in the dream.

I say ban this filthy red propaganda NOW!!!!!

Edited by hanuman1