Extens.non-im-o Visavi Passport Validity

In mid-june it is time once again for my one year extension of my non immigrant visa "o". My passport is valid until jan.2011,which means,that if I get a one year ext.,the passport expires BEFORE one year has past.My qestion:If I do not have a new passport before i ask for extension,do I not get any ext. at all or do I get one only until jan.2011 or do I get a "normal" one year ext.? Another thing;I stay here as "retired" (67 years old).Do I need any referens to a Thai citicen or is "retired"enough? (Change of circumstances...)Thankful for input!

As your passport will be useless for travel during most of the period it would be much better to get now. If you do not you will get extension until end of passport validity and when present the new passport get the remainder.

You can do your extension in the present passport in June, up to 30 days prior to the expiration of your current extension. The new extension will be dated only to the expiration date of your current passport in January.

Then when you get a new passport, the extension information, stamps, etc, will be transferred by Immigration to your new passport and the extension will be extended (for free) up to June 2011.

Not a real problem if you don't plan any travel between June & NLT January 2011.

Mac

Putting 'Retirement' for the reason for the extension is enough.

Should I assume you know the money requirements for a retirement extension?

65k income verified with a letter from your embassy or 800k in a Thai bank for 2 or 3 (???) months.