Glitterman Speaks About Part 5. Why I Do It.

glitterman

In your October 2008 interview with the newspaper 'Pattaya People' you put forward two reasons why you did it.

1. Was to keep healthy by cycling every day around Pattaya, you also mentioned that you also swim regularly and take long walks.

2. Was that it was to make people 'happy' and that it gave you great satisfaction to see people laugh and smile.

Can you not expand upon the two above published reasons instead of evading the promised explanation by writing in large red capital letters 'Fun'?

Thank you.

Edited by syd barrett

I met this guy at the ICON Plaza computer complex on the northwest corner of the moat in Chiang Mai about 3-4 months ago. He told me he was Glitterman and and went on a on about his super hero stasis as Glitterman in America...in San Francisco.

Now, I lived in San Francisco from December 1974 to about June of 1995.. I saw a lot of weidos and wannabe somethings. I once introduced a young man called Robin Williams at the Holy City Zoo bar or open mike night for wannabe comics. I Jerry Garcia at Bill Grahams office on 10th and Howard. I once met Harvey Milk while he was campaigning for city supervisior. I met so many people while living the 70's and 80's in that far out city by the dock of the bay..

But I never met Glitterman in full dress ever.. only as his alter ego as what seemed to be a somewhat normal looking 50-something or close to 60 something white guy.. Got any fotos of Glitterman doing his super hero stuff??

A man of few words, lots of full stops, but few words. The first of your posts I have read in it's entirety.

fun for who????

Been Patts 6 years and never seen you once.

Sorry but you either billshutting about your location or blind or maybe you just never go out.

Whatever anyone thinks about GM he's harmless and does bring a smile to the faces of some, the others suffer from wind. I am always happy to see him on my returns, shows that at least somethings go on regardless.

GM had us all on the edge of our seats waiting for part 5.

I was'nt expecting part 5 to be less than a one liner but there you go.

Says it all I guess.......Go GM Go.....or GM Go Go.

Yeah come on GM, spill the beans.

His one word sums it up,,fair play gold and feathery one.

With regards to fat old dirty men looking for girls......would it make a difference to you if they dressed in gold and feathers, then went looking for girls and fat food joints?

It would certainly birighten the day up.

I'm amazed how many long time Pattaya residents have not seen GM. Maybe you don't actually live within the confines of Pattaya proper, roughly between Nua and Tai and the Beach and third road but also including the triangle tapering off to Bali Hai.

The other reason is that you may not be around early evening, around sundown, when GM is out on his little circuit. Maybe you are all "good" people who have locked themselves indoor before it gets dark and all those nasty "night people" come out to play.

Don't fret, you've not missed much just the sight of one of life's harmless eccentrics doing his thing.

Glitterman is one of Pattaya's few harmless delights. I have often seen this colourful character on his daily tour and it brings a little colour into ones moment when sadly, all to often, one can be surrounded by down trodden dead beats that have nothing better to do then over cast ones personal space with their long faces and tales of hardship, woe and disappear.

Edited by DanielToddGilbert

Wonder if he goes out during Songkran?? :D

I shouldn't think so, all his hard work with his outfit and bike would be ruined after one ride out. :)

He is probably having a rest and watching the world go by with a drink of milk. :D

Respect.

NormanW

The topic has 23 posts and 500 views so why close it? I'll leave it open.

You must admit rimmer, its one of his less interesting threads :) .

But very readable compared with some of his offerings. :D

Zstarx, as for buying him a beer I seem to remember from an earlier thread that he don't drink :D .

A man of few words, lots of full stops, but few words. The first of your posts I have read in it's entirety.
fun for who????

Been Patts 6 years and never seen you once.

Sorry but you either billshutting about your location or blind or maybe you just never go out.

Whatever anyone thinks about GM he's harmless and does bring a smile to the faces of some, the others suffer from wind. I am always happy to see him on my returns, shows that at least somethings go on regardless.

Phil theres a dear boy,shut your gob please else you may get banned for flaming.Got to go now,out on the town tonight looking for gm,as if i am a bit interested in that guy

The topic has 23 posts and 500 views so why close it? I'll leave it open.

You must admit rimmer, its one of his less interesting threads :) .

looks like a writer's block to me...can happen to artists... :D