Duel Citizenship

I dont know the situation regarding duel citizenship. I am curently living in the UK with my wife (have been here for 2 years), if she wanted to take British citizenship does this effect her rights as a Thai citizen (ownership, property, residency etc?).

The only reason she is attracted by becoming British is the ease of travel to other countries - i cant see her swearing her allegience to the queen at the new citizenship ceremonies! But she never wants to lose her Thai nationality.

Thanks!

Neither Thailand or the UK have a problem with dual nationality. I have dual Thai-Australian natinality. Run a search on this site using my name. I have outlined whats involved quite a few times.

Neither Thailand or the UK have a problem with dual nationality. I have dual Thai-Australian natinality. Run a search on this site using my name. I have outlined whats involved quite a few times.

Thanks, some good information (although clearly some still think dual nationality is a problem!)

I've also learnt how to spell dual!!

yeah the law was changed in the early 90's but there is still a large body of people out there who don't know this.

Thai embassy in UK won't care if your wife renews her Thai PP and that she is a British citizen and immigration in BKK wont care that her Thai PP seems to only have entry and exit stamps from Thailand, but nowhere else.

However it is wise to keep quiet about it when dealing with non-immigration officialdom on the Thailand. As I said, many think that is still illegal, and they won't be told otherwise.