Family Planning Doctor

gymboy33

Paa Yaa Thai 2 Hospital close to Victory Monument in Bangkok is very good, I recently went there with the wife after a year of trying. The Doctor was really nice and spoke good English. We had a day of tests starting at 10 and finishing around 4, the only slight draw back was that it was reasonably expensive at around 6700 bhat but I didn't mind paying because the service we got was excellent.

Have you already tried for some time and failed?

If you are just planning to start trying, usual advice is to give nature at least a year before undergoing fertility tests. If the woman has been on injectable contraception or using the implant, give it 2 years.

You can get a sperm count done at any hospital easily enough but sperm count and motility is just one of many factors in being able to conceive and soem of the other tests can be costly.

Focus of "efforts" should be on a 10 day period calculated as follows:

Average length of the woman's menstrual cycle (counting from 1st day of period to 1st day of the next), minus 18. From that day of her cycle for 8 days is the optimum time to conceive. Example: If cycle usually 30 days, 30-18 = 12. So days 12 - 20 are the prime target. Some couples abstain prior to the target date so as to increase libido for the "marathon" period.

It is also possible to narrow down the time of ovulation more exactly by following body temperature, plenty of websites that tell how. Needs a special thermometer and temperature has to be taken rectally or vaginally first thing in the morning.

But best advice is probably just to relax and other than focussing in on the fertile period as described above not to "think too much" about it, just give it time. Stress and worry can interfere with conception.

Now if I mistreda your post and you have already been tryinmg without success then yes, fertility tests are in order.

• 2 weeks later...