Scart Plugs

whistleblower

Does anyone know where I can find a SCART plug in Thailand (Bangkok area)? By SCART plug I mean the cable that connects the t.v to the dvd player. I have only been able to find the 'old' red/yellow/white connection cables. The t.v and dvd were brought over from uk.

Many thanks for any info.

Common as rocking horse droppings mate :)

The Amorn in Fortune (top floor) had some a while back, but it's really a European standard.

I'd get some off eBay :D

Interestingly, the Tatung LCD telly we got for the bedroom (from HomePro) has SCART plugs and had the default channel names as BBC1, BBC2, ITV and CH4 as well as a UK plug, wonder which ship that fell off :D

Moving to technology forum.

Common as rocking horse droppings mate :)

The Amorn in Fortune (top floor) had some a while back, but it's really a European standard.

And all their outlets nationwide carry them or can get them in for you.

Hi.

Yeah, Amorn for sure (all three branches i went so far) have adaptor plugs for Scart, i.e. Scart male plug to the "old" (name escapes me) system female sockets so you can use a normal AV cable (red, white, yellow plugs) to hook up your DVD.

Most, if not all, televisions and related devices here come with those "old" type connectors, Scart seems to be a European-only system (and i HATED them when i had them because the cables were so rigid and the plugs would never stay in their socket, also turning on the satellite receiver to listen to satellite radio automatically fired up the TV and both VCR's along with it......)

Best regards.....

Thanh