Translation Services In Bkk

For English/Thai, I used a company between Sukhumvitt and the American Embassy on Wireless Road called:

IVS (immigration & Visa Service)

89/12 Wireless Rd., Lumpini,

Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330

Phone: 02 651 5927

Fax: 02 651 5925

e-mail: [email protected]

I was very happy with their service and they were much cheaper than others. You need to send/show them a copy for them to quote. I seem to recall in my case, it was about 300 baht/page. I live in Pattaya and was able to handle the translations/review through e-mail. Final certified translation was sent to me via EMS. Initial/Final payments were made through transfers to a Bangkok Bank account. It was a minimal amount (i think about 140 baht) to have the final documents sent to me in Pattaya. Much better than making the trip to Bangkok, or having a document translated here in Pattaya.

I don't know about English/Chinese (you can ask them). If they can't, they might be able to refer you to someone.

If you are an American, you can go to or email the American Citizen Services at the American Embassy in Bangkok. They'll give you a list of translators.

If you don't need certified documents, go to an Internet Cafe. Many are owned/operated by Thai-Chinese and read/write/speak English well. They do translations for the 'love mail' between Thais and Foreigners over the Internet.