How Many Of Your Male Friends Cheat On Their Spouses?

wallhigh

Wallhigh, you are pathetic. If this is an attempt to increase your posts, you will no doubt do well but it may cost you 'integrity'.

Your whole thread reeks of a bias against certain nationalities.

Also, it may indicate a preoccupation that you currently have regarding other people & their reltionships, compared to your relationship (if you have one). Should this be the case, you may find a councellor to be of some help instead of starting silly threads here.

Have a lovely millenium. :)

increase posts? what for? do i get money or something? just wanted to know a simple answer....

i have no bias, the british are great, i love london, especially the sandwich chain "pret-a-manger" has awesome sandwiches, theres just a heck of a lot of british here in CM, hence the statistical bias, nothing is implied, just a statistical abnormality, people are just too sensitive...

if i lived in pattaya, i would have said russians and germans, if i lived near sukhumvit 6, i would have said nigerians...

Edited by wallhigh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many married Englishmen do you know at the CMU and how many tell you they are cheating - and as you said they all like to brag after a beer or two, where are they drinking if not in bars? In class?

how is it you can get your geography right about oz being "one country of many" but you dont get the fact that UK of GB and NI is made up of 4 different countries..

You guys dont like being asked if your New Zealand do you ??? same thing...

or are just taking the p**s now ?

sometimes people do think NZ is the same as Oz, its no big deal, i have a relaxed view about

these issues - before i lived in melbourne, so i was in australia, i lived in chicago, so i was in

america, now i live in thailand, its all cool.... you can say I am from NZ does not bother me

one bit, its not important.

all these borders and nationalistic identities create such divisions and anger between people,

and caused countless wars...

True !

But many people are still nationalistic,, and proud of their heritage. Especially if and when wars have been fought over hundreds of years to preserve that heritage..

Do they teach geography and history in Australia..?

So sniping at a particular nationality is bound to raise someones hackles,,,especially on an open public forum..

Enjoy being in Thailand ! And maybe try not to jump to too many conclusions about who you meet ..

In Thailand I only know a few farangs well enough to make an opinion. I know at least 3 married farangs who DON'T mess around; the others I can't say. I know several farang men who visit a bar where I hang out and they flirt with the gals but never take them home. Their wives know about it and maybe that is why their marriages are still intact.

I was married to my first wife for 20 years and a second wife for 7 years and never once played around... even though I had many opportunites to do so. I knew it was a slippery slope once you cross the line to deceit. I'm single and enjoy the company of a lot of women, so I don't have any plans of ever getting married. I am quite forthright in telling that to any new woman I might meet. I miss out on a lot of possible relationships, but at least I keep my honesty intact.

With all the availability of women in Thailand it is hard for any man to stay true to one wife forever. I try to stay out of other people's private lives. I don't pass judgement as I don't know what goes on at their home.

It is almost as bad in North America, but it goes on behind closed doors. The women are just as bad, if not worse than the men. However, there are a lot of hypocrites here in Canada who try to act like it never happens and they would never stoop so low as to play around on their spouse, when in fact they would if ever given the opportunity. I lived in a little Peyton Place where all our friends where shagging each other.

The whole discussion is silly & serves no purpose. :)

wow ! I tend to agree, but understood more when i discovered the OP is an Academic or a mature student (oxymoron)

Do you have a good word on any thing? You shot me on one of my posts as well !!

Some of us enjoy seeing where these things lead !

So how many married Englishmen do you know at the CMU and how many tell you they are cheating - and as you said they all like to brag after a beer or two, where are they drinking if not in bars? In class?

was wondering the same thing ?

In Thailand I only know a few farangs well enough to make an opinion. I know at least 3 married farangs who DON'T mess around; the others I can't say. I know several farang men who visit a bar where I hang out and they flirt with the gals but never take them home. Their wives know about it and maybe that is why their marriages are still intact.

I was married to my first wife for 20 years and a second wife for 7 years and never once played around... even though I had many opportunites to do so. I knew it was a slippery slope once you cross the line to deceit. I'm single and enjoy the company of a lot of women, so I don't have any plans of ever getting married. I am quite forthright in telling that to any new woman I might meet. I miss out on a lot of possible relationships, but at least I keep my honesty intact.

With all the availability of women in Thailand it is hard for any man to stay true to one wife forever. I try to stay out of other people's private lives. I don't pass judgement as I don't know what goes on at their home.

It is almost as bad in North America, but it goes on behind closed doors. The women are just as bad, if not worse than the men. However, there are a lot of hypocrites here in Canada who try to act like it never happens and they would never stoop so low as to play around on their spouse, when in fact they would if ever given the opportunity. I lived in a little Peyton Place where all our friends where shagging each other.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, I am surprised to learn that about Canadians, I have worked with many (a company I am sure you know well - Northen Telecom, later Nortel), and found them to be people of strong family values..

I do not wish to start childish discussions, if you want to know that, please call the CMU HR department. I also do some work with Payap, and a few other places. I am sure you have better things to do with your time. Answer the question in the post, or go enjoy the moonlight outside.

The whole discussion is silly & serves no purpose. :)

wow ! I tend to agree, but understood more when i discovered the OP is an Academic or a mature student (oxymoron)

Do you have a good word on any thing? You shot me on one of my posts as well !!

Some of us enjoy seeing where these things lead !

Who are you talking about?

I don't know anyone who is cheating on their wife or g/f.

Then again I don't go sticking my nose into other peoples personal affairs.

after a british man drinks 1 or 2 beers, its very hard to stop him bragging,

and since british men are drinking from dawn till dusk, they never shut up.

69 posts in 5 days?......obviously the quiet retiring sort yourself.... :)

As for cheating, too easy in Thailand.........if one requires of course.

Edited by 473geo

I do not wish to start childish discussions, if you want to know that, please call the CMU HR department. I also do some work with Payap, and a few other places. I am sure you have better things to do with your time. Answer the question in the post, or go enjoy the moonlight outside.

then perhaps you should have thought harder before you started this thread !

69 posts in 5 days?......obviously the quiet retiring sort yourself.... :)

i enjoy a friendly banter with the good people on this forum, including yourself,

and also the guy who can speak with different accents, so much knowledge

and worldly experience just going to waste.

Allow me to slightly edit your response as follows in red;

then perhaps you should have thought harder before you started this completely moronic & inane thread!

then what are you doing here? if you dont wish to contribute then be gone. i dont go on your

thread and insult you, didnt your mother teach you any manners?

then perhaps you should have thought harder before you started this completely moronic & inane thread!

then what are you doing here? if you dont wish to contribute then be gone. i dont go on your

Do you mean like NOT asking people about their private lives ? OR Not sticking your nose in other peoples business ?

What people do in their relationships is no one elses business !

Or is this for a thesis ?

Perfect editing !!

The simple truth is that anybody who thinks that sex in Thailand is something to brag about, or in fact sex anywhere is something to brag about.........are a little bit out of touch with reality............because people have been enjoying sex for thousands of years........maybe for some, that enjoyment, has only just begun!!!...........ok.... if they are teenagers slightly forgiven!!

Do you mean like NOT asking people about their private lives ? OR Not sticking your nose in other peoples business ?

you never talk with your friends about different topics? i mentioned this is about my friends,

please read the original post carefully before posting. i never said i interfere in strangers lives,

but guys who are friends talk about all sorts of things... give it a try, its good to share. when

you develop close friendships, people mutually share their experiences. i am sorry you have not

developed a relationship where your friend can let you into their life.

my thesis was done a while ago, back when i graduated!

you never talk with your friends about different topics? i mentioned this is about my friends,

please read the original post carefully before posting. i never said i interfere in strangers lives,

but guys who are friends talk about all sorts of things... give it a try, its good to share. when

you develop close friendships, people mutually share their experiences. i am sorry you have not

developed a relationship where your friend can let you into their life.

my thesis was done a while ago, back when i graduated!

Maybe you should read the posts in response to yours.

And simply becasue I or anyone else on this forum makes posts does not mean they are your friend.

I discuss things with friends all the time, at appropriate times and in appropriate places, so pleasse do not judge ME or anyone else on this forum, by your own beliefs.

In fact do not judge anyone... here, in their relationships or whatever,,,,,,

The original post below:

I live in Chiang Mai, and have 12 male friends and acquaintances.

the breakup is: 7 british, 2 australians, 1 german, 1 swiss, 1 french.

out of them, 5 are serial cheaters (with bar girls and massage parlour

girls), 2 are occasional cheaters (after they are drunk), and 2 have admitted

to one or two on the side flings, when they could get away with it.

almost all of these people are either married, or have girlfriends, some have

kids, some do not. 1 is single, hence doesnt cheat per se. if you cheat on the

girlfriend, the other girl is called a gig, if you cheat on the wife, the other girl

is either a mia noi or gig, depending on the relationship and $ sums involved.

thats 9/12 = 75%

interested in other people's statistics...

You assume that other people, besides yourself, have the time to waste to collect 'statistics' on such unimportant situations.

From your above post, you are the perfect candidate for 'soap operas' &/or 'reality TV'.

Do you know that Billy Connelly can't stand reality TV?

But you rudely insult people through personal messages, the rules say I'm not allowed to post Pm's on the forum "20. Not to post personal messages from other members, whether in full or in part."

Maybe I should just forward the PM you sent me earlier to mod's and let a mod decide through your posting history and the PM you sent me, then let mod's or admin decide whether your the troll I accused you of being earlier. My opinion by the way still stands. "Troll" :)

Edited by MB1

Most of my friends do on occasion have a fling here and there. It's pretty harmless, unless you're completely brainwashed with weird religious beliefs. :) It's not even something you talk about that much, it goes without saying unless there was something particularly noteworthy about the encounter, which is not often the case. compare: guys also don't go harp on about it when they get a haircut; they just do.

Most of my friends do on occasion have a fling here and there. It's pretty harmless, unless you're completely brainwashed with weird religious beliefs. :) It's not even something you talk about that much, it goes without saying unless there was something particularly noteworthy about the encounter, which is not often the case. compare: guys also don't go harp on about it when they get a haircut; they just do.

I'd agree with the above.

All of them...seriously :)

Me too, yet Thai Visa is supposedly full of these holier-than-thou types that abstain from sex with professionals or outside marriage. How come I never meet any in real life including missionaries and born again types?whistling.gif

gik = person you have casual sex with

mia/pua noi = person you have a sexual relationship with (but not main partner)

mia chow = person you have sexual relationship with that you pay (but not main partner)

mia/pua luang = main partner

This is Thailand, sexual relationships are not viewed in the same was as in the Western world. Sex is entirely more casual and considered a form of entertainment (by men and women). Everyone is at it, but some people lie and say they aren't.

My wife (Thai) says it's OK for me to have sex with other people as long as they don't mean anything to me.

My neighbours wife (Thai) has gone off sex and arranges for "nice" girls to come to her home and sort out her husband.

This is Thailand, we should leave our outdated prudish christian morals back in our homelands.

Edited by sarahsbloke