Kitchenmachine

from the screenplay of My Cousin Vinny:

Vinny Gambini: How could you be so sure?

Lisa: [sighs] If you will look in the manual, you will see that this particular model faucet requires a range of 10 to 16 foot-pounds of torque. I routinely twist the maximum allowable torquage.

Vinny Gambini: Well, how could you be sure you used 16 foot-pounds of torque?

Lisa: Because I used a Craftsman model 1019 Laboratory Edition Signature Series torque wrench. The kind used by Caltech high energy physicists. And NASA engineers.

Vinny Gambini: Well, in that case, how can you be sure THAT's accurate?

Lisa: Because a split second before the torque wrench was applied to the faucet handle, it had been calibrated by top members of the state AND federal Department of Weights and Measures... to be dead on balls accurate!

[she rips a page out of a magazine and hands it to him]

Lisa: Here's the certificate of validation.

Vinny Gambini: Dead on balls accurate?

Lisa: It's an industry term.

Vinny Gambini: [tosses paper away] I guess the fuc_king thing is broken.

So to make sure the temperature stays precisely between 36 and 41 degrees Celsius, you can just by the <deleted>' machine with yogurt-making technology imported from Germany.

For home use you don't need any machine to make homemade Yoghurt.

Only isssue is temperature need to be between 36 and 41 Celsius.

If need more information how to make, also fruit yoghurt, let me know.

Will post it here.

Regards,

NJS

Hi, and yes that's the problem temperature between 36 and 41 how to do not on gas impossible.

Also I like a lot of yogurt not what you can buy by the 7 Eleven that's is nothing.

But yes wake me up.

Best regard

billshot64

For home use you don't need any machine to make homemade Yoghurt.

Only isssue is temperature need to be between 36 and 41 Celsius.

If need more information how to make, also fruit yoghurt, let me know.

Will post it here.

Regards,

NJS

Hi, and yes that's the problem temperature between 36 and 41 how to do not on gas impossible.

Also I like a lot of yogurt not what you can buy by the 7 Eleven that's is nothing.

But yes wake me up.

Best regard

billshot64

Ok BS, get it on this post by tomorrow, busy today

I purchased a yogurt maker at a show at Impact Exhibition for 800 baht. Very easy to use, it holds a one liter bottle or carton, just add some yogurt as a starter then plug it in. Yogurt quality does vary a bit, but much cheaper than 7-11, etc. I've seen it at the Lemon Farm stores in BKK. I usually drain the yogurt to get a creamier consistency.

I purchased a yogurt maker at a show at Impact Exhibition for 800 baht. Very easy to use, it holds a one liter bottle or carton, just add some yogurt as a starter then plug it in. Yogurt quality does vary a bit, but much cheaper than 7-11, etc. I've seen it at the Lemon Farm stores in BKK. I usually drain the yogurt to get a creamier consistency.

1 Litre full cream/fat milk

60 ml plain yoghurt

Cook the milk first (bacteria), bring it back to between 36 and 41 C.

Add the plain yoghurt, under a towel for 24 hours.(keep temperature between 36 and 41 C)

Can drain on a fine towel to make the consistency less syrupy.

Add fruit or/and honey.

And enjoy.

very cheap very good

I do mine a little differently. I put 2 liters of milk in the crock from a crockpot but use the microwave to heat it until it's 85° or more. Then at the low setting I keep it above 85° for at least half an hour. That lets the proteins unravel some and makes the yogurt thicker. Then I cool it down in a water bath until it's around 50° and mix in a cup of Dutchie plain yogurt, or maybe a cup of the last batch if I don't have any store bought yogurt. In the meantime I've pre-heated the oven with a baking stone to 50°. I turn the heat off in the oven and just leave the light on, wrap the crock in a towel, and put it in the oven for around 7 hours or a little over. Makes a nice, reasonably firm, medium tart yogurt. We also do this with raw milk from the local farm but the yogurt turns out a little softer.

A little more trouble than with a yogurt maker but we eat yogurt every morning so doing in those small batches would be worse.

Until I get back to the USA next month and buy Bulgarian cultures, I mix 3 T of Yolida brand yogurt with pasteurized milk (830 ml bottle) in each of 7 small jars, put them in the Severin yogurt maker, plug it in and turn it on, and 8 - 10 hours later there is yogurt.-- I strain it to the consistency of sour cream --

At 13 Watts I do not feel compelled to purchase carbon offsets.