Are There Any Delays Getting To Swampy From Pattaya

paul1970

I will be flying out of Swampy Sunday and was wondering if there any expected delays between Pattaya and Swampy due to the Red shirt protests ?

I would imagine that the motorway would be clear up to Swampy and maybe just some longer than usual delays at Swampy for security checks.

Anybody flown out of Swampy in the last few days experience any delays ?

I left Pattaya at 3pm on Thursday and was parked up and inside by 4.30pm; didn't push it sat about 100 kph max. I did observe a higher volume of cars and pickups headed north than usual and the left-exit ramp where it joins the motorway was a bit dodgy with stuff racing down the outside and cutting in. There's always one or two doing that but more prevalent yesterday so maybe better to get over to the left lane early-ish.

The (2) tollways are free but you need to watch out for those that can't read the big sign or find themselves in a closed lane and change to a green lane at the last minute. The service station was chockers as well (had to stop to fill up the rental) but in and out from the pumps really quick. Most travelers were stopping to graze.

Safe trip!