Mbp Hardshell Sleeve

mshoichi

Can anyone recommend a durable, hard shell "sleeve" for a 13" Macbook?

Found a "Turtle" brand online but they lack any reviews. Contacted the Apple store and the person told me they don't exist, which I highly doubt given I found one online.

Anyways, I'm looking for something similar to the neoprene sleeves, just as a rigid case with some type of internal padding. Almost like the old laptop briefcases, not the actual hardcase "shells". If anyone has the latter, I'm interested to hear your thoughts - I'm currently docking my laptop in a way where added size may be a tough fit though.

I found out today that these aluminum laptops dent rather easily. Don't know how it happened.

Wouldn't go for a hardshell, unibodies have hinge issues and the hardshells are just too heavy, causing the lid close by itself in many cases. Also, hardshells scratch the sh_t out of your lovely new toy. Clearguard is good, but get someone who knows how to do it right for you. At the end of the day, it's a bloody notebook. My moshi gear got ripped off ages ago (apart from the trackpad) still looks good as new

ps....just reread your post, you don't even want a hardshell do ya? nevermind

Edited by gotglue

Wouldn't go for a hardshell, unibodies have hinge issues and the hardshells are just too heavy, causing the lid close by itself in many cases. Also, hardshells scratch the sh_t out of your lovely new toy. Clearguard is good, but get someone who knows how to do it right for you. At the end of the day, it's a bloody notebook. My moshi gear got ripped off ages ago (apart from the trackpad) still looks good as new

ps....just reread your post, you don't even want a hardshell do ya? nevermind

Thanks for the reply! Given the lack of responses (here and other forums), I was half-heartedly starting to consider a hardshell. Maybe it's as simple as taking better care of my stuff. Still can't imagine how I dented it.