ป่อเต็กตึ๊ง

meuok

ป่อเต็กตึ๊ง

I understand what the above is, but I don't understand the language. Can anyone help.

Sorry...ผมไม่เข้าใจเท่าไหร่

บุญมี

ป่อเต็กตึ๊ง

I understand what the above is, but I don't understand the language. Can anyone help.

The language is Chinese, but I am not sure which dialect of Chinese, if I were to venture a guess, it cannot be Mandarin, as Mandarin Chinese can not end with the "ก" sound in the second syllable. Therefore Teochiu, Hakka, Hokkien or Cantonese are more likely. I dont know the meaning, sorry.

ป่อเต็กตึ๊ง is a private foundation that helps out in traffic accidents. You see their sirened cars which will take people to hospital, etc. in the street every once in a while.

ป่อเต็กตึ๊ง

ป่อเต็กตึ๊ง is Taechew dialect.

ป่อเต็ก means to repay a kindness.

ตึ๊ง is the short form of เซี่ยงตึ๊ง means foundation.

The full name of this foundation is หัวเฉียวป่อเต็กเซี่ยงตึ๊ง means the foundation which is established for replaying a kindness of Chinese people who live in other countries.

Edited by yoot

The full name of this foundation is หัวเฉียวป่อเต็กเซี่ยงตึ๊ง means the foundation which is established for replaying a kindness of Chinese people who live in other countries.

Corrected:

The full name of this foundation is หัวเฉียวป่อเต็กเซี่ยงตึ๊ง means the foundation which is established for repaying a kindness of Chinese people who live in other countries.

??????????? is Taechew dialect.

??????? means to repay a kindness.

???? is the short form of ?????????? means foundation.

The full name of this foundation is ????????????????????????? means the foundation which is established for replaying a kindness of Chinese people who live in other countries.

I have just referred this thread to a friend of mine who is one of the grandsons of Poh Teck Tung foundation founder and he said you are correct :o