Something Fishy

ChiangMaiFun

Big cluster near the Big C .. the one with the tunnel under the super highway...

Im off there next week! Restock my tank.

What are you going to get CMF?

Would like to get doctor fish for my feet , but the phuket dealer only sells in batches of 10,000

Big cluster near the Big C .. the one with the tunnel under the super highway...

Im off there next week! Restock my tank.

What are you going to get CMF?

Would like to get doctor fish for my feet , but the phuket dealer only sells in batches of 10,000

Privet! whiterussian

I have about 100 guppies and spoil them rotten - building a new condo and including a big balcony fish pond - looking for varieties that don't need the pumt on all the time - which is why I like Guppies - took 100 babies from my last condo (left the adults) but now they are 3/4 months old and I'm getting a new set of babies - soon be overrun!

Hello CMF!

Guppies eh!?

Do you mean the ones that eat mosquitos? Or real fancy guppies?

I have 3 tubs of them on the porch, probably horribly inbred by now.. :)

I think you should check out the shops by the Big C on the highway, I may be off there today, I will take my camera if I go. Not sure if they have guppies, normally most houses on the moobaan have these guppies in plant pots outside, so I can just pinch some from them... not that i need any more!

Hello CMF!

Guppies eh!?

Do you mean the ones that eat mosquitos? Or real fancy guppies?

I have 3 tubs of them on the porch, probably horribly inbred by now.. :D

I think you should check out the shops by the Big C on the highway, I may be off there today, I will take my camera if I go. Not sure if they have guppies, normally most houses on the moobaan have these guppies in plant pots outside, so I can just pinch some from them... not that i need any more!

good morning - I have a mixture of very nice looking fancy guppies and some of the plainer ones - wish I had the knowledge to post a video! i moved condo recently and fished out (forgive pun) 120 of the babies - have 100 left (after some die) and now it's 3/4 months they are quite big - now nature has taken hold and they are starting to breed - so now I have 3 babies in yet another bowl to avoid them being eaten.

I'm wondering if I am going to be over-run soon as there is a lot of activity in the tank!!! I guess one day I'll have to let nature take it's course and leave the babies with the adults others wise my front room will have tanks of varying sizes full of fish :)

Just back from Big C, loads of shops by the tunnel entrance...they do have loads of guppies, two types.. I counted 4 fish/aquarium shops...

They even had the doctor fish.. but they looked so dull that I didnt buy any.. plus my tank is raised so I dont know how I would get my feet up and over into the tank!

Got some angel fish, as last time i had these they laid loads of eggs... and paired up.. which was cute. Sadly I went on holiday for a while last time I had these, and the pump broke... so they all went to a watery grave.

post-50139-1271670704_thumb.jpg

the wife is impressed with our breeding pair of crayfish.. I told her we can eat them when they have babies.. so she is happy.

post-50139-1271670715_thumb.jpg

Will beautify the tank at a later date...

edit** The wife just told me, with a puzzled face:

"Tee Rak, I think we cannot eat, how to do, we see them every day..."

Edited by whiterussian

I bought some lovely fancy guppies a while back to breed in a new pond. Now I have 3 large tubs full of 1000's of babies, and cannot give them away fast enough. If anynone needs some fresh colourful breeding stock for free, just come and help yourself. :)

Just back from Big C, loads of shops by the tunnel entrance...they do have loads of guppies, two types.. I counted 4 fish/aquarium shops...

They even had the doctor fish.. but they looked so dull that I didnt buy any.. plus my tank is raised so I dont know how I would get my feet up and over into the tank!

Got some angel fish, as last time i had these they laid loads of eggs... and paired up.. which was cute. Sadly I went on holiday for a while last time I had these, and the pump broke... so they all went to a watery grave.

post-50139-1271670704_thumb.jpg

the wife is impressed with our breeding pair of crayfish.. I told her we can eat them when they have babies.. so she is happy.

post-50139-1271670715_thumb.jpg

Will beautify the tank at a later date...

edit** The wife just told me, with a puzzled face:

"Tee Rak, I think we cannot eat, how to do, we see them every day..."

haha - I went over to thos eshops - very nice - bought a new filter

AND I saw some YELLOW and RED fish - now isn't that nice? both on the same fish :)

I bought some lovely fancy guppies a while back to breed in a new pond. Now I have 3 large tubs full of 1000's of babies, and cannot give them away fast enough. If anynone needs some fresh colourful breeding stock for free, just come and help yourself. :)

Thats' very nice of you...

How many did you originally buy? any secrets for getting them to breed so well? I thought the females eat most of their babies? how did you 'save' them?

I have been taking mine out and putting into a seperate bowl - my plan is to put them back in when they are a month old - hopefully they can then fend for themselves - but I fear - like you - I will be over-run with fish - but I can't bring myself to leave them to be eaten

we should start a fish club!

How many did you originally buy? any secrets for getting them to breed so well? I thought the females eat most of their babies? how did you 'save' them?

I have been taking mine out and putting into a seperate bowl - my plan is to put them back in when they are a month old - hopefully they can then fend for themselves - but I fear - like you - I will be over-run with fish - but I can't bring myself to leave them to be eaten

I originally selected about a dozen healthy females, with both yellow and blue tails. Fed them well on good quality flake food and also live brine shrimp. Left them in the pond for a month or so to make sure none were carrying young. Then selected a couple of colourful males and popped them in too. As soon as all the females were showing signs of carrying, I toook the males out as they only worry the females. Then sat back and waited. As soon as the young started to drop, I netted them out to another tank, and fed them 4 times a day on crushed flake and powdered egg yoke.

These are the ones that went into outside bowls, and have since reached plague proportions. All the bowls are now showing males with completely different colours.

They will breed much faster in the warm weather too :)

I originally selected about a dozen healthy females, with both yellow and blue tails. Fed them well on good quality flake food and also live brine shrimp. Left them in the pond for a month or so to make sure none were carrying young. Then selected a couple of colourful males and popped them in too. As soon as all the females were showing signs of carrying, I toook the males out as they only worry the females. Then sat back and waited. As soon as the young started to drop, I netted them out to another tank, and fed them 4 times a day on crushed flake and powdered egg yoke.

These are the ones that went into outside bowls, and have since reached plague proportions. All the bowls are now showing males with completely different colours.

They will breed much faster in the warm weather too :)

wow you have it down to a fine art - those pesky males don't stop chasing the females... i'd love to come see one day