Trance/techno/house Clubs & Events

rexone1

I'd like to know that too. All the clubs i've visited so far play a mix of R&B, rap and commercial house music.

I don't expect to find a trance energy, sensation or gatecrasher event in Bangkok but a trance/house/techno club or something in that genre would be nice.

Bed Supperclub on Sukhumvit soi 11 .... www.bedsupperclub.com

808 in RCA .... www.808bangkok.com

Flix in Rca

Club Culture on Ratchadamnoen Klang road

Narz @ Narcissus on sukhumvit soi 23, you just missed Paul Oakenfold tho ......

They all play Trance/Techno/House/Drum N Bass

There is also a whats on guide at www.bkmagazine.com that has all the weekly events

So when an international trance/techno/house artist performs in bangkok they perform @ Narcissus.

Which other venues do international trance/techno/house artists perform at?

ps. Thanks for the replies everyone.

So when an international trance/techno/house artist performs in bangkok they perform @ Narcissus.

Which other venues do international trance/techno/house artists perform at?

ps. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Bed Supperclub brings in top international artisrts from time to time.

Demo (next to Funky Villa, Thong Lor Soi 10/Ekkhami Soi 5), is the best dance club I've been to; deco'd out like an underground warehouse; it's pretty cool. Can get too packed on Fridays though.

I find the problem with Dance music in Bangkok (not my favourite genre of music I'm more guitar based, buit do love some dance stuff) is it's not as adventerous as dance music elsewhere; seems to just about cater for the masses, but I have never heard a track here that has made me go, wow.

It's good to see a lot more people wanting dance/techno/indie/rock clubs etc as we are just overfed the same R'nb pap over and over again here to the point of madness.

Can anyone honestly say they have gone out clubbing for a night here and NOT heard the awful Flor-Rida 'Low', Akon, the annoying Pitbul, Sean Kingston and Black Eyed ***** Peas a million times!!!!! Please, Bangkok, just change your tune slightly.

haha I think there is only one CD in Bangkok. That's why all the clubs play the same shit.

555 True, very true. Always the same songs and sometimes the DJs only half play the same certain songs.

You can always guarantee you will hear Pitbul 'Crazy', 'hotel room', that horrible Sean Kingston one that goes '911', Flo-Rida songs, B.E.P. and then they will throw in a couple of Korean songs that say 'hey hey 21' and 'sorry, sorry, sorry'. I am having a break from clubbing due to it.

I once went into a bar and they played the extended version of Flo-Rida's Low, followed by the normal version. 1 hour later they played it again and then the band came on and also did a version and when the DJ came back on, he played it again.

Imagine if for some bizarre plague, men on one weekend decided to not go out to look for women or look at the talent; but to just goto somewhere they enjoy. I can guarantee you, that most of these clubs and bars will have hardly any men it; as most men are only putting up with this music because the girls like to dance to it.

Top djs usually play at Bed, 808 & Narcissus/Narz ...... You just missed Paul Oakenfold @ Narz .... and the Dance all dayer at the Bitec, which is a yearly event .... just try to get hold of BK magazine or Guru magazine for the weekly updates on what dj is playing where, they are both free magazines you can pick up at Starbucks ...... or join a mailing list, next time I get one sent I'll post the address here, can't remember off hand sorry

Top djs usually play at Bed, 808 & Narcissus/Narz ...... You just missed Paul Oakenfold @ Narz .... and the Dance all dayer at the Bitec, which is a yearly event .... just try to get hold of BK magazine or Guru magazine for the weekly updates on what dj is playing where, they are both free magazines you can pick up at Starbucks ...... or join a mailing list, next time I get one sent I'll post the address here, can't remember off hand sorry

Thanks for the tip, i was looking for a website or magazine with more partyinfo but couldn't find any good one.

I'm going to check starbucks tomorrow to see if they have those magazines available.

I did go to bed supperclub one time but it was kinda empty, max. 15 people inside just chilling.

Q Bar next to bed is really overrated and very small.

dam_n i really long for a good party, i went to trance energy, sensation and such events regularly. I was really spoilt with amazing events and clubs when i still lived in the Netherlands. The nightlife in Bangkok is ok, but everything is so small.

Anyone been to Glow? Suk soi 23 http://www.glowbkk dot com/

Not a fan of trance myself but I do love deep/tech house and a little electro or breakbeat will do wonders for my soul too :-)

I've seen their website and the music they have streaming on there is ok, just wondered if anyone had actually been?

Thanks

I went to Glow about 4 or 5 months ago. Nice smallish layout to the club, tunes were a touch too minimal for me, but saying that I believe they have a few different nights including breakbeat / electro....bit of old school house perhaps?...not too sure. The punters were quite happy just to have a good chat it seemed although everyone seemed to enjoy the music, me included for the most part.

Word of warning, I went to Bed Supperclub quite a while ago now, who had LTJ Bukem playing. So off I went, paid my cover charge of 900baht or something (plus free drink!) and I stayed till 1am at which point I left (it closed at 2am I think) after still not seeing the headline DJ. I'm an old electronic music head from mid - late eighties and know of LTJ Bukem and what he looks like, and he was chasing a bit of crumpet round the club all night. :)

Word of warning

Bed's a great club but it's getting greedy with its entrance charges that's for sure. Occasionally it has some good intl. guests but often they're a bit too over-hyped. It's quiet at the moment (low season). 808 and Club Culture are a bit "dek naew"....attracting the Thai uni kids who dress crazy and try a little too hard to be cool. It's ok if you're that younger age group maybe.

Demo on Thonglor is good (has some fine fine near unobtainable ladies in the bar next door too). Tapas on silom soi 4 is occasionally busy, house and some trance on the top floor. Plenty of undercover working girls though, contrary to what a previous poster said.

Narz never fails for seriously good trance and an amazing sound system. The downer? It's unfriendly as hel_l.

Glow is a bit dek naew too, many regulars, over-zealous social networking and often boring and "dirty" inside. Ok if nothing else going on maybe.

Not a fan of trance myself but I do love deep/tech house and a little electro or breakbeat will do wonders for my soul too :-)

I've seen their website and the music they have streaming on there is ok, just wondered if anyone had actually been?

Thanks

I used to go to Glow but I don't go anymore because it is extremely smokey and smells pretty bad. It's small, hot and not ventilated very well so the smoke can be overwhelming.

haha I think there is only one CD in Bangkok. That's why all the clubs play the same shit.

555 True, very true. Always the same songs and sometimes the DJs only half play the same certain songs.

You can always guarantee you will hear Pitbul 'Crazy', 'hotel room', that horrible Sean Kingston one that goes '911', Flo-Rida songs, B.E.P. and then they will throw in a couple of Korean songs that say 'hey hey 21' and 'sorry, sorry, sorry'. I am having a break from clubbing due to it.

I once went into a bar and they played the extended version of Flo-Rida's Low, followed by the normal version. 1 hour later they played it again and then the band came on and also did a version and when the DJ came back on, he played it again.

Imagine if for some bizarre plague, men on one weekend decided to not go out to look for women or look at the talent; but to just goto somewhere they enjoy. I can guarantee you, that most of these clubs and bars will have hardly any men it; as most men are only putting up with this music because the girls like to dance to it.

last night i was in a club... cant remember the name [was too drunk]. I was there for a few hours. They played Tik Tok, BEP and those always-played songs more than 3 times. Amazingly, people aint gettin bored of em. :)

Thanks

I used to go to Glow but I don't go anymore because it is extremely smokey and smells pretty bad. It's small, hot and not ventilated very well so the smoke can be overwhelming.

Glow-the only thing I hate is the toilet... How can a drunk person go up that far for the toilet?! I often had to take off my high heels when I had to go up there! :)

The toilets are about the nicest aspect of that club Thithi. That's not saying much :-)

Anyway, you're lucky you don't get the massage treatment when you enter like us guys do in some more "Thai" clubs. That really stops the flow. It's then time to head into the car park.

The toilets are about the nicest aspect of that club Thithi. That's not saying much :-)

Anyway, you're lucky you don't get the massage treatment when you enter like us guys do in some more "Thai" clubs. That really stops the flow. It's then time to head into the car park.

CarlBkk - I'm with you on that one, So annoying; I just can't go with someone trying to massage me while nature wants to leash it's beast. One time I completely snapped at a guy who had done it everytime when I came in (I never lose my temper) as he was starting to become rude that I wouldn't let him.

Also, why do some attendents expect a tip for just turning on the tap for you or handing you a paper towell which you can perfectly do yourself. Must point out Thailand is not the only country this happens and it annoys me back home too.

Agree about Glow toilets, annoying climb. I like it there, nice deco, but not sure about the crowd; like themselves a bit too much. One time saw some farang who thought he was the greatest dance ever (probably according to his mum) and took up the whole floor, doing his weird feet dance trying to impress the ladies. Didn't take too kindly to the group of us sitting and laughing at him.

Thanks

I went to Glow about 4 or 5 months ago. Nice smallish layout to the club, tunes were a touch too minimal for me, but saying that I believe they have a few different nights including breakbeat / electro....bit of old school house perhaps?...not too sure. The punters were quite happy just to have a good chat it seemed although everyone seemed to enjoy the music, me included for the most part.

Word of warning, I went to Bed Supperclub quite a while ago now, who had LTJ Bukem playing. So off I went, paid my cover charge of 900baht or something (plus free drink!) and I stayed till 1am at which point I left (it closed at 2am I think) after still not seeing the headline DJ. I'm an old electronic music head from mid - late eighties and know of LTJ Bukem and what he looks like, and he was chasing a bit of crumpet round the club all night. :)

Word of warning

What a dork; you payed that extra money and he does that. Hope he got blown out.

I was in Glow a few months back and 2 guys came in who thought they were god's gift; yes they were probably male models and are better looking than me, but they just stood in the middle of the dance floor waiting for the onslaught of Thai ladies that didn't happen. A dancer came on and she was well hot and one of the guys grabbed a pen after she had finished, walked over to her gave her a smile, handed her the pen and told her to write her number. SHe looked at him and told him 'not interested'. Was quite funny seeing his ego squashed.

That said, when he walked back with his tail between his legs, some guy rudely approached him and told him serves him right and then a fight broke out between them and I would have to say the other guy was the idiot for getting involved. Farangs fighting in Thailand, hate them!!!