Mac At Suvarnabhumi

Murdock

After some research on apple's pricing,I was looking to pick up a 13" MBP when I visit Bangkok in June.

In Ireland this model is priced at €1149.

In Thailand it's 40900B (at todays rate about €940).

So there's about €200 to be saved.

And now the questions:

Do they sell Macs anywhere in duty free at Suvarnabhumi so I could save even more.

If not, do the apple shops in the city display the VAT return symbol so I could do it that way.

And would my apple warranty be valid in Ireland.

After some research on apple's pricing,I was looking to pick up a 13" MBP when I visit Bangkok in June.

In Ireland this model is priced at €1149.

In Thailand it's 40900B (at todays rate about €940).

So there's about €200 to be saved.

And now the questions:

Do they sell Macs anywhere in duty free at Suvarnabhumi so I could save even more.

If not, do the apple shops in the city display the VAT return symbol so I could do it that way.

And would my apple warranty be valid in Ireland.

Duty Free used to sell Macs at Suvarnabhumi, and the prices were better than in the city, but no longer. As for Apple products, they now only sell iPods and some Apple accessories.

Macbooks carry a worldwide warranty, so that would cover you in Ireland or wherever else you might find yourself if it breaks. You can get a 7% VAT refund if you are a tourist (and not a Thai resident), so that would bring the price down even more for you. Be sure to buy from an Apple authorised retailer and ask for the VAT refund paperwork.

Edited by bubba