Will This Ever End?

Microwave

I'm neither red nor yellow nor pink nor black nor any other coloured shirt (although I do seem to fancy white t-shirts).

Will this political stalemate ever end? Every day I read the "What in the world are they up to today?" daily updates hoping for a breakthrough, but it's just more of the same. :)

NO. TIT!

Gotlost i think you have gotlost all you ever seem to do is post sarcastic comments on all forums on here, maybe one day you will offer some real advice instead of childish remarks, by the way how old are you 5 !!!!!

NO. TIT!

Gotlost i think you have gotlost all you ever seem to do is post sarcastic comments on all forums on here, maybe one day you will offer some real advice instead of childish remarks, by the way how old are you 5 !!!!!

What is sarcastic about this?

You asked a question

He replied what he thought was the answer

Get a grip

TIT - This Is Thailand

NO. TIT!

I'm not much on off-color postings, but I have to admit, it made me laugh.

I'm taking Thai language lessons right now, and there is one particular phrase that makes me laugh (inwards) every time I have to say it.

"When will it end?"

Yes, this must be a question that many travellers intending to go to LOS are pondering at this time.

I am due to fly into BK next week, so i log on to this site each day only to find new sets of troublesome news..

Some countries (Hong Kong) posting strong travel warnings, people changing/cancelling flight plans, majour hotels down to 20% occupancy,new rallies every day..on and on.

It doesnt show a good trend and those watching from the sidelines must have ever growing concern the longer this goes on.

For what used to be a laid back and cruisy place to visit, it sure is sad to see whats going on.

In my own case i am not really worried about any physical harm or trouble coming to myself..I dont believe foriegners outside the hotspots are at grave risk, but if this winds up as being an anarchy on the streets thing, i dont imagine it will be good to be a highly visible tourist anywhere in the kingdom where there are angry, frustrated and tired individuals running loose wanting to vent their agro.

I suppose you have to ask yourself do you really want to be a first hand witness of a place in meltdown, people getting killed, and total disregard for law and order? ect

Im just one guy hoping this does end quickly, for the sake of a great country and its (usuallly) peaceful people

It will end the moment Thaksin gets what he wants or the so called leaders get a slice of the pie(on the quite of course, so the yellow's will not get too angry)

Alternatively the moment reds will stop being paid, i have a feeling masses will reduce down to 100 if lucky.

Do not forget its not the people who are causing all this problems, its the leaders and the only reason why they causing this is because they have lost either the power or the slice of the pie

I thought all the trouble is in Bangkok. It seems very localized. Living outside of Bangkok, you wouldn't know anything was going on. Does anyone expect this to change?

Maybe the whole country will take an every-man-for-himself attitude, lawlessness, and then nowhere will be safe. I'm going to try to look like a farang kee nok.

Thaksin's power base is in the north....has no popularity in the South, as far as I know..

and the middle classes hate him..therefore, this will peter out as the money to support it dries up.

I feel sorry for the protesters as I believe they have been sold a pup by Thaksin and may have lost their properties and land to Thaksin's bank cronies.

They deserve better representation than somebody who is out to feather his own nest at the expense of his country, his people and human life.

My only fear is that after the current protests run their course and the red shirts break-up and become leaderless, a small hard core

will go underground and pursue their ends by terrorist means.

Thaksin's power base is in the north....has no popularity in the South, as far as I know..

and the middle classes hate him..therefore, this will peter out as the money to support it dries up.

I feel sorry for the protesters as I believe they have been sold a pup by Thaksin and may have lost their properties and land to Thaksin's bank cronies.

They deserve better representation than somebody who is out to feather his own nest at the expense of his country, his people and human life.

My only fear is that after the current protests run their course and the red shirts break-up and become leaderless, a small hard core

will go underground and pursue their ends by terrorist means.

I am afraid but your fears are more of a reality. Unless government will be able to identify those(which they already have) and do something about it now rather then leaving it, the fear would be the reality.Not to mention certain ex army can always offer its support to the terrorists which already exist (on the Malay border)

Interesting that there is a Facebook group called มั่นใจว่าคนไทยเกิน 1 ล้าน ต่อต้านการยุบสภา which has around 360,000 members at the moment....

People against dissolution of the parliament.

It's just another chapter in a long book, with many more to come. Here in Udon if you don't watch the news you wouldn't know anything was going on. Life as Usual The same thing when the coup took place. The Pad rally, the last years Red shirt action. Want to come don't stay in Bangkok and enjoy your stay.

Lot more to Thailand then Bangkok