Non-immigrant Visa (single Or Double?)

Hello all,

Just hoping to get some quick advice in regard to a Non-Immigrant Visa. I am about to apply for a single entry visa here at a Thai consulate in Australia for a 2 month internship (unpaid) I am undertaking in Bangkok in a couple of months.

Now, after my 2 month internship finishes I have to go to Malaysia for a couple of days and then head back to Thailand for a further 2 weeks for some sightseeing.

I am wondering would it be simpler to just apply for a double entry Non-Immigrant visa at the consulate here in Australia now, or, apply for a single-entry visa which would cover my 2 month internship and then before I go to Malaysia apply at Immigration in Bangkok for a Re-entry permit so that I will be able to re-enter Thailand for a further 2 weeks holiday after coming back from 2 days in KL?

Thanks very much all for your advice

Edited by InspectorRex

Most Consulates will not issue such a visa - it is either single entry or multi entry for one year. You can return from Malaysia by land and get 15 day visa exempt entry free. Or by air and get 30 days. There is no need for a second visa entry. If you decide you want to stay longer you can obtain a tourist visa in KL (and they may be free by that time).

Thanks for that gotlost - yeah that option is what I was favouring also. The internship is a Professional Development-type of placement with a large, multi-national organisation and I recieve no income for the duration of the placement. I have been given an official 'Letter of Inviation' from the organisation though to submit with my application for a Non-Immigrant visa to the Thai consulate.

I am hoping this will be sufficient and have been told by the organsiation in Bangkok it will be enough, but if not, to let them know and they will correspond with the consulate regarding my placement/internship.

Well thank you again for your help.

Edited by InspectorRex

Most Consulates will not issue such a visa - it is either single entry or multi entry for one year. You can return from Malaysia by land and get 15 day visa exempt entry free. Or by air and get 30 days. There is no need for a second visa entry. If you decide you want to stay longer you can obtain a tourist visa in KL (and they may be free by that time).

Ah, ok then, thanks for that lopburi3. I will just apply for the single entry Non-Immigrant Visa and then, as you suggest, get the 30 days on arrival when I land at Suvarnabhumi.

Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by InspectorRex