Translate Documents To Thai And Certify Copies

I know I've seen something about this sort of thing before, but I've done a search and can't find it.

I need to get my passport and mariage certificate translated into Thai and then get copies certified for the local amphor.

I am pretty sure they said I need to have the copies certified by the department of internal affairs.

I figure this means a trip to Bangkok. I plan to be in Bangkok all day Friday.

Can anybody tell me how and where to get this done.

Thanks.

It is done at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs office on Chiang Watanna Road (Passport office). But you can have a translation service do it for you.

Can I get the whole thing done at internal affairs or would it be quicker to get the documents translated and then get internal affairs to certify the copies? Am I likely to get this done in one day? Are the red shirts protesting in that area?

AFAIK they do not do translations and no longer have option of same day service so expect it will be next workday. Better best to have the translation service take care of everything and they would be able to EMS back to you.

It is not in the downtown area but out near the new Immigration Office.

It is an overnight service. Put it in one day, and collect the next. The easiest way ( at least I think it is the easiest way ) is to get a company to do it for you. I used a company in MBK. They translated the docs, then took them to the MFA for legalisation. Returned them the next day. Cost was about 1600 Baht for everything, and I spent the day by the pool at the hotel ! The company is MBK Translations on the 6th Floor at MBK. They have a website, so you can ask them price, arrange everything etc beforehand.

It is an overnight service. Put it in one day, and collect the next. The easiest way ( at least I think it is the easiest way ) is to get a company to do it for you. I used a company in MBK. They translated the docs, then took them to the MFA for legalisation. Returned them the next day. Cost was about 1600 Baht for everything, and I spent the day by the pool at the hotel ! The company is MBK Translations on the 6th Floor at MBK. They have a website, so you can ask them price, arrange everything etc beforehand.

Thanks. This sounds a lot less painfull. :)

I don't know a service in Pattaya but I do know of one in BKK that can do it all. I just inquired myself the other day. I have used this translation service many times over the last 5 years so I asked them about translations and the MFA certifications. They can do all using EMS for delivery of the documents to them and back to you again. Cost quoted to me was reasonable. This is the message and quote I got two days ago.

Yes, we sometimes get requests to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or MFA to have a certified translation we have done also authenticated by them. When we go on your behalf, we are required as a third party to produce in addition to the certified translation itself:

1. Original document (not a photocopy, scan or fax)

2. Two scans of your passport, each also signed in blue or black ink (ensure your signatures matches your passport's signature if any)

3. Signed power of attorney (attached - just print and sign by the X and return to us, our staff will complete the rest)

These can be sent to Express Mail Service to our office. Attached is our address in Thai as an A4-sized label to print and use as an address label for EMS.

With regard to costs, the MFA offers an express service and a standard service at different prices. I will give you a breakdown of all applicable fees, then two prices:

Certified translation - 500 baht per document

MFA 3-day standard service fee - 400 baht OR

MFA 1-day express service fee - 800 baht

Handling fee - 500 baht

Express Mail Service or EMS - FREE (within Thailand only) OR

NOTE: stated MFA fees are as stipulated by MFA; handling fee covers either two separate trips to MFA in case of 3-day service or one trip and 2-hour wait in case of 1-day service

So, the cost for one document would be either 1400 baht incl. VAT for delivery to your address within 4-5 days or 1800 baht for delivery within 2-3-days. As for payment, just deposit the relevant amount into the following account.

Here is their website. Send a contact info email and I'm sure they will respond in a day.

ThaiEnglish

Edited by longball53098

Does anyone know of a translation service in Pattaya which can also have the documents certified by the MFA?

For Pattaya:

A similar topic a year or so ago had a poster that reported that a couple of places on Soi Post Office (Soi 13/2) could translate and also send to the MFA in Bangkok.