Bus From Pattaya To Bkk

thaigerd

I will stay for a couple of days in Pattaya next week, will go back on Thursday morning via BKK.

I would like to know:

Are they going to Morchit or to Ekhamai, or they have 2 different ones?

Any ideas about departure times( I need to go to Morchit)???

Thanks for any help!!!

Gerd

I will stay for a couple of days in Pattaya next week, will go back on Thursday morning via BKK.

I would like to know:

Are they going to Morchit or to Ekhamai, or they have 2 different ones?

Any ideas about departure times(  I need to go to Morchit)???

Thanks for any help!!!

Gerd

The phone # is 038-429-877 Pattaya-Bangkok Roong Reung Coach

Moo 5 North Pattaya Nua Road

0520 untill 2000

Buses leave every 30 minutes I think.

I know that's the Ekamai schedule but now you can ring and confirm.

Busses go both to Morchit or Ekkamai. there are two different counters at the Bus station in PTY, and they have signs in english. you will not be able to make any mistake there. and the busses go so frequently, about each 30 mins to Ekkamai and each 20 minutes to Morchit, just go there and buy the ticket, you will be given the next free seat. if you want to leave at a special fixed time, you can buy your ticket in advance too, 1 day before, as far as I know. be aware that some of the busses take the highway (about 5-10 baht more expensive), while others do the annoying "stopping at any tree in every village" journey. Just ask for a ticket for HIGHWAY BUS and the counter staff will understand what you want. Welcome to KHRUNG THEP :o

Small tip on these buses.

You may want to try and avoid a seat at the back since you will be sitting on top of the engine and by the time you arrive at Patti-Ekki etc....wherever your gluttomus max will be red hot. :o also thse seats sometimes ait too comfy....no fun

Just say you want on the next charabang if you think etc.... :D:D

TOP TEN BKK-PTY AIR-CON BUS SURVIVAL SKILLS

1. Before you buy your ticket at the ticket counter, ask “what seat number” to see that it isn’t in the 40s or you will likely be sitting on the last row in the very back, a place so unpleasant that you’d better catch the next bus. If you’re handed a ticket or have bought it, you can exchange it, at least before the bus leaves.

2. Count your change if any carefully at the ticket booth. “Mistakes” can be made. If you hand over a 500 or 1000 baht note, be sure to call attention to it.

3. Get in line early to get on the bus; otherwise somebody will likely get into your seat by mistake, because

4. The seat numbers are on the backs of the seats to which they refer, e.g., seat 21 has the number ‘21’ on its back—a fact of which newbies aren’t usually aware.

5. To go to the correct seat directly, just count seats by rows starting from right to left; but of course you must still check the back of the seat before sitting down.

6. If someone is already in your seat, it is almost always by mistake, so politely show them your ticket and point to the back of the seat; if the person doesn’t move, stand out of the way and wait for the driver or driver’s assistant to move the person out.

7. Don’t admit that the box labeled “computer” actually contains a computer, or you will be charged for stowing it below. While stowing normal luggage below is free of charge, you may be charged for stowing exra large bags. In some cases it may be cheaper to rent a seat for that baggage (but then you've got to get it into the seat :o) . Luggage is normally pretty safe when stowed below, but at your destination you want to get off the bus as soon as possible before someone else takes your luggage by mistake.

8. The BKK-PTY bus is, for various reasons, probably the noisiest bus route in Thailand. You may even get stuck in the middle of a group of revelers. Cell phones frequently go off and loud conversations ensue. There’s often Thai music or even a TV blaring to ensure that you can’t sleep or rest. If noise bothers you at all, be sure to bring earplugs. You can buy earplugs in Thailand at Watson’s or Boots.

9. Temperature-wise, the bus can be too hot or too cold or, less often, just right. Bring a long-sleeved shirt or light jacket just in case it’s freezing. No, you can’t always shut off or redirect the air outlets. You may also need protection from the hot sun streaming in a window. The curtains may not completely close.

10. Thais are accustomed to sleeping on one another, so you may find yourself used as a bolster. They will often move off of you if you push gently or sometimes a little forcefully and say, “Sorry” or “Excuse me.” You don’t want to get too upset, however.

I remember a few months ago going by bus to BKK from Pattaya,however when i got a baht bus he asked which bus terminal in Pattaya?

I didnt know there was 2? Anyway he went up near the big roundabout in Pattaya and up that way.cost was 100 baht for the baht bus.

i think the bus was 95 baht to BANGKOK????????/

How much is it now to Bangkok? Also is there a pattaya bus terminal website?

is there 2 bus terminals?

it's 100baht from Pattaya to Bangkok, and 101baht back again...

I went there today. The last few times it's been really busy, and the bus from Pattaya is always late, but the bus back left on time every time. Trouble is, it stops at every little pokey place all the way back. Today when I got to the bus stop at Pattaya I was pleased to see it was really quiet - straight up to the counter, and the next bus was due to leave in 10 minutes.

Excellent.

...But in typical style, they let us on the bus where we sat for almost half an hour with no airconditioning in the midday sun while they waited for more passengers to show up...

I could go on, but it would turn into a rant...

it's 100baht from Pattaya to Bangkok, and 101baht back again...

I went there today. The last few times it's been really busy, and the bus from Pattaya is always late, but the bus back left on time every time. Trouble is, it stops at every little pokey place all the way back. Today when I got to the bus stop at Pattaya I was pleased to see it was really quiet - straight up to the counter, and the next bus was due to leave in 10 minutes.

Excellent.

...But in typical style, they let us on the bus where we sat for almost half an hour with no airconditioning in the midday sun while they waited for more passengers to show up...

I could go on, but it would turn into a rant...

How did you actually get to the Pattaya bus terminal?

On my motorbike. They have an area where you can chain it up, and then you simply ride back home after returning from BKK.

...oh? that wasn't the answer you wanted? :o

The terminal is located on Pattaya Nua, near the Sukumwit road end.

:D

/quote]

If you only have a backpack, you can take a moto taxi. If you have too much luggage to carry easily, charter a baht bus to the bus station. You should be able to get there from most Pattaya hotels for 40-70bt.

As stated above - there is more than one type of bus.

There are two white-with-blue-trim types, one leaving Pattaya Nua is the Express, going on a fast route with about five or six stops before Ekkamai / Morchit. This costs about ten baht more than the 'stopper' which literally stops at every footbridge over the road and several places in between. I regularly travel that one because I jump off at one of the intermediate stops. I pay about 75 baht from Pattaya to Bang Phli (before Bang Na, about 30 clicks from BKK/Ekkamai). These are free-seating - sit where you like, but not on a girl's lap! Do not sit at the back - it is not only hot, when you get to Bang Pakong (Chonburi end of Skyway) you will hit all the little culverts over the river. That means wearing a hard-hat and bum protector.

These 'stoppers' also come up Sukhumvit from Trat, Rayong, Jomtien, Sattahip and other outlying towns. So only a few minutes between them, at the junction of Pattaya Nua and Sukhumvit.

There are also the local area buses, painted various colours, with all windows open. Because there is no air-con. These are very cheap.

As stated above - there is more than one type of bus.

There are two white-with-blue-trim types, one leaving Pattaya Nua is the Express, going on a fast route with about five or six stops before Ekkamai / Morchit. This costs about ten baht more than the 'stopper' which literally stops at every footbridge over the road and several places in between. I regularly travel that one because I jump off at one of the intermediate stops. I pay about 75 baht from Pattaya to Bang Phli (before Bang Na, about 30 clicks from BKK/Ekkamai). These are free-seating - sit where you like, but not on a girl's lap! Do not sit at the back - it is not only hot, when you get to Bang Pakong (Chonburi end of Skyway) you will hit all the little culverts over the river. That means wearing a hard-hat and bum protector.

These 'stoppers' also come up Sukhumvit from Trat, Rayong, Jomtien, Sattahip and other outlying towns. So only a few minutes between them, at the junction of Pattaya Nua and Sukhumvit.

There are also the local area buses, painted various colours, with all windows open. Because there is no air-con. These are very cheap.

The last time I travelled Pattaya - BKK I took the Ekami bus which was fast to the outskirts of BKK & then dropped off passengers as & when. If going on to Don Muang remeber that it takes considerably longer from Ekami than from Morchit (further from the expressway).

Taxi from Don Muang to Morchit is around 100bt & bus to Pattaya 101bt. The bus I took was fast to Chon buri but then stopped frequently there & got caught up in traffic. Total jorney time from Morchit was 3.5 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the Patters - Morchit bus last week - 106bt: 2 hours exactly. Drew the short straw & was sat in the back corner seat against the hard pillar and rather warm engine, but can't complain. Aircon ok & no intermediate stops. Pattaya hotel to Don Muang in 2.5 hours for less than 3 quid!

Took the bus to BKK yesterday. Merlin is correct, 100 bt to BKK and 101 Bt back to Pattaya. You cannot buy your ticket one day in advence. Bus station starts selling tickets at 5am and the first bus to Ekimai leaves at 5:20 and the second ten minutes later. 1 and a half hours to Bang Na. Probably two and a half to Ekimai as once to Bang Na nothing was moving. Never get a seat past seat number 20. Always ask what the next seat number is before buying a ticket. If past 20 wait for the next bus.