Evaluate Me Photo

Kan Win

Nice photo, Kan Win. I suppose it is a HDR. A touch of too much saturation for the grass. And the clouds looks like waterpainting. I also suppose it is sunset and then the sky looks strange, wrong temperature? should be more red-yellow, now it is more green-blue.

But the photo is very artistic!

I give you 2 TU!

:D:):D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
<br />This image just cries out for a monk in saffron robes walking across, or a goat, or something. When you put people in your pictures, you are adding life to them.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Well I do have photos of Monks, but they belong in me other section of "Thailand as I see it".

http://www.pbase.com/win13/image/49242376/large.jpg

As for Goats your are Kid-ding

http://www.pbase.com/win13/image/93446267/large.jpg

Sawadee :wai:

Nice photo, Kan Win. I suppose it is a HDR. A touch of too much saturation for the grass. And the clouds looks like waterpainting. I also suppose it is sunset and then the sky looks strange, wrong temperature? should be more red-yellow, now it is more green-blue.

I give you 2 TU!

I think quite a few of us would have preferred to see less grass and less sky.

But very artistic indeed ;):D

• Like 1

I give you 2 TU!

I think quite a few of us would have preferred to see less grass and less sky.

But very artistic indeed ;):D

Thank you both, but Wat I tried to do was to get the DOF into play so that from the 'Green, green grass of home' me photo takes you into the Heavens of a strange looking sky.

Sawdaee :wai:

<br />This image just cries out for a monk in saffron robes walking across, or a goat, or something. When you put people in your pictures, you are adding life to them.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Well I do have photos of Monks, but they belong in me other section of "Thailand as I see it".

http://www.pbase.com...42376/large.jpg

As for Goats your are Kid-ding

http://www.pbase.com...46267/large.jpg

Perhaps you misunderstood. I have looked at a lot of the photos on this site and in my opinion most of them are empty. It's like one comes across a nice scene and/or good light and takes a picture, rather then waiting as long as it takes to get something alive in the picture, like a monk walking across the grass, which would be great colour contrast, or a bird flying into the sky, or a goat or cow or a chicken. You can use the latest cameras and all the software gimmicks you want, but if your picture doesn't tell a story of some kind, have a point of interest, you should really be trying harder to get an image.

• Like 1

Welcome to ThaiVisaDot Com canuck1941 user_popup.png

Perhaps you misunderstood. I have looked at a lot of the photos on this site and in my opinion most of them are empty. It's like one comes across a nice scene and/or good light and takes a picture, rather then waiting as long as it takes to get something alive in the picture, like a monk walking across the grass, which would be great colour contrast, or a bird flying into the sky, or a goat or cow or a chicken. You can use the latest cameras and all the software gimmicks you want, but if your picture doesn't tell a story of some kind, have a point of interest, you should really be trying harder to get an image.

Hi 'svenivan',

Thank you for your C&C.

As you posted your post twice you gave me the hex ............... :D came in at number 22 out of 100 :D

http://www.dpreview.....aspx?ID=248156

:)

Not too bad me think without what you had in mind.

P.S. I gave you a green one btw B)

Edited by Kan Win

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This image just cries out for a monk in saffron robes walking across, or a goat, or something. When you put people in your pictures, you are adding life to them.

No humans in his photos - I guess that's why Ansel Adams never made the big time eh?

A great photo Kan Win - I love the detail in the foreground stonework.

Edited by mikecwm

Thank you all for your C & C.

A great photo Kan Win - I love the detail in the foreground stonework.

That was what I was looking for the DOF.

Thank you ;)

I agree. The photo is of ruins. A figure might detract from the atmosphere of desolation.

Why would anyone wish to ruin a simple photo of ruins with anything, but ruins in it :o Khun-fused now :blink:

The Colonel :ph34r: an Amateur Photographer

Kanchanaburi Win B)

Edited by cdnvic
removed content from deleted post