The Longer The Red-Shirts Rally, The Higher The Damage

webfact

Chamlongs slipped the leash again. Must be feeling the cold chill of no publicity recently. Threatening outright violence and mayhem on the streets and setting out to break the SOE with the sole intention of confrontation.

At least the Redshirts have an adjenda. What have PAD got, The usual reference to "saving the monarchy" and that's your lot folks.

What he forgets is that during the PAD seige, the Police gassed and ran them out of the area by themselves and would have routed them for sure if the Army hadn't come to their aid. Something the combined army and police couldn't do the other saturday. Given that the Police will firmly stand against the PAD again, he must be hoping to draw in the Army.

Is this the voice of reason the country is waiting for? He can only be hoping that so many of his PAD flock are slaughtered that the Army have to step in..... or arrest him and his lackey Thaugsabum.

Surely, these are the two most disruptive and divisive characters at the moment. Shouldn't they be obeying their own rules? Probably not, as the rules they set are only for stupid people, which they aren't :):D

The yellow AGENDA is simple - "Let us get on with our life."

You continually make idiotic statements - the highlighted one is a gem.

Chamlong is a trouble maker whose time has passed... everytime there is a controversy, he get involved and tries to stir up trouble. He never bridges; he threatens. His need for attention is somewhat pathetic. He is so 1970s. He probably does not even know what a laptop computer is. Now I see he is getting involved again. This time he is threatening to launch a counter attack and do something about the red shirts in 7 days. I'm getting sick of his act. He needs to go to the beach, soak up some sun and let the younger politicians play.

You said: "The yellow agenda is simple, LETS US GET ON WITH OUR LIFE???!!!"

Are you serious? They shut down the airport and you think their agenda is "Let's get on with our lives?!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on, join us in the real world....

Edited by Redsunset

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chamlongs slipped the leash again. Must be feeling the cold chill of no publicity recently. Threatening outright violence and mayhem on the streets and setting out to break the SOE with the sole intention of confrontation.

At least the Redshirts have an adjenda. What have PAD got, The usual reference to "saving the monarchy" and that's your lot folks.

What he forgets is that during the PAD seige, the Police gassed and ran them out of the area by themselves and would have routed them for sure if the Army hadn't come to their aid. Something the combined army and police couldn't do the other saturday. Given that the Police will firmly stand against the PAD again, he must be hoping to draw in the Army.

Is this the voice of reason the country is waiting for? He can only be hoping that so many of his PAD flock are slaughtered that the Army have to step in..... or arrest him and his lackey Thaugsabum.

Surely, these are the two most disruptive and divisive characters at the moment. Shouldn't they be obeying their own rules? Probably not, as the rules they set are only for stupid people, which they aren't :):D

The yellow AGENDA is simple - "Let us get on with our life."

You continually make idiotic statements - the highlighted one is a gem.

Chamlong is a trouble maker whose time has passed... everytime there is a controversy, he get involved and tries to stir up trouble. He never bridges; he threatens. His need for attention is somewhat pathetic. He is so 1970s. He probably does not even know what a laptop computer is. Now I see he is getting involved again. This time he is threatening to launch a counter attack and do something about the red shirts in 7 days. I'm getting sick of his act. He needs to go to the beach, soak up some sun and let the younger politicians play.

Stick him on a desert island with Weng.

Okay... now 6:20pm.... the traffic at Nana and Sukhumvit is at a standstill! I mean NOTHING is moving... what is happening? Something has blocked off the traffic...

Either everything is normal (haha) or something is happening with the red shirts blockade?

Anyone???

Not sure how much you can write about competitive sources, so I'll write a summary, and if this is against the rules, then please delete it.

A train with 25 army vehicles en route to Pattani was stopped by about 200 red shirt protesters in Khon Khen. They were Humvees and GMG trucks.

Protesters refuse to let the train pass, believing it's destined to Bangkok to help disperse the redshirts from CBD.

Is this the possbible chain reaction that would occur throughtout the rest of Thailand

if they launch an attack on the Bangkok red shirts..............it will be civil war :)

Again bangkoklight I agree with your statement about the thugs repressing the poor people of this country. But this is not what the red rally is about. Surely you can see this right?

When you say that this rally is not about the oppressed rising against the oppressors, you must mean that it’s about Mr. T wanting to reclaim his wealth, and that he’s paying these folk to be there on the streets in their thousands. I can accept this, but read on...

To these folk, Mr. T is the only person who has given them any hope. The system, the current system, fails them, miserably. The government fails them. I’m not even going to say whether I like Mr. T or not because the issue (to me and to them) is oppressed vs. oppressors and opportunity. Mr. T is the distraction that all pro Government supporters love to hate or hate to love.

If you are saying that this rally is only about these people receiving 500-1,000 baht/day to be there, then you are saying that they don’t have minds of their own, which is wrong. If an oppressive system brings about a situation whereby a wealthy man (whose money is frozen by the way) or a group of wealthy men are willing to pay people in their thousands to protest, wouldn't you say that the system is at fault? Shouldn’t the system have stopped this from happening in the first place? Of course, but past governments haven't cared. They've been getting on with making money and living the highlife.

These people have, for the first time, been given the opportunity to stand up for themselves and fight against this failing system. If Mr. T wants to finance this, let him. Let these people take the opportunity. They’ve had no opportunity to fight before. The oppressors have never given or done anything to help these people - only token gestures to appease them in order to allow the system to continue and benefit the few.

So, who's ultimately to blame? The farmer who can't make a living or the government and elite oppressing him? Think of the whole and what’s happened in the past decades, not just four or five years back. Think holistically. You can only blame the system, the government, and the ones pulling the strings.

Oppress the weak and one day, they will fight back no matter what/who the catalyst is.

Loads of gibberish, sorry to say this, but it is. Dude the current government is the most reasonable I've seen in years. You are saying that the red shirts had the first time opportunity to express and stand up, then, what about last year???? It's not the first opportunity for them. What kind of failing system are you talking about? Monarchy? Are you daring to say this??? I don't know if you are informed well enough, I don't know what you know about the consequences of Taksin government? If you knew you would've shut up. Taksin was selling Thailand to foreign countries, was selling the major public services, like water, electricity and communication. Do you know what that means??? That means the life of poor people would go down the hill with the hike of prices, that also means the government gets less money from Thai people, because the money goes to foreign companies.

Another thing, I'm asking you. What are the red shirts fighting for? For equality??? Or for a rich man who wants to come back to power and destroy the monarchy? Please read more before saying something. It's a difficult time for Thailand and people who don't have enough knowledge make the things worse!

Edited by Thunder26

It's not just the malls and businesses in the downtown area that are affected, nor the low paid shop workers. For two weeks now I was meant to be teaching some Indian students how to fly based at the old BKK airport. Due to a travel advisory issued by the Indian Gov't, they will not be travelling to Thailand until they get the all clear. Net result, I sit at home and don't get paid, so all of you who think that it affects only the obvious few, think again.

Hi Rubic, was your pic taken in Ruby-Lips at Soi Cowboy..?

I too have decided to postpone my trip to Thailand due to not wanting to be inconvenienced by the protesters. I love Thailand and don't have a place I can go that will fulfill the Thai fix but I do have other wonderful tropical resorts my wife and I can go to in the mean time.When I lived in Thailand things were different and time was on my side but now working for a Farang corp in Farangland vacation time is limited and precious and I don't want to risk it caught in traffic jams on sukhumwit. I know I am not alone in my thinking too, Thailand really needs to find a solution to this problem if they hope to retain any of the progress they've made the last decade.

Why does a visitor have to go thru Bkk? I know Thais and farang who live overseas, and when they come to Thailand, they check thru the major airport and immediately book for a place away from Bkk. They never see the city except from the air. Plus, there are some flights which come directly in to Phuket or C.Mai from overseas.

I also can't help but grin at the farang who spent waaaaay too much on condos in Bkk. Even in the best of times, Bkk is a yuk place to reside. Now, with prolonged rallies, more noise & trash than usual, the place is worse. For the amount of dough it costs to buy a condo in Bkk, I could buy 5 acres (12 rai) of beautiful parkland alongside a river, with a lovely spacious main house plus and outbuildings for servants/landscaper/masseuse - and perhaps a cottage for doing crafts or growing orchids .....and have enough left over for a new vehicle.

Culprits fired RPG at PTT petrol depots in Pathum Thani

These are the things those reds are up to now. If the tank had blown it would have caused huge loss of life.

Now I'm just waiting for those reds here to cme out of their holes and say "oh tha government did this to discredit the red " such a statement wouldn't surprise me at all

The reds can end all this now by simply leaving and going home - anything that happens when the government /army moves in to clear them is 100% their fault

Get the <deleted>.. out of Bangkok

News to your ears eh BKjohn? If the tank had blown... If these people weren't repressed in the first place... If they got a fair wage for the work they did... If they didn't have the send their daughters to work in the sex industry in the City to make ends meet... With all these "ifs", you can see the "whys".

No parents are forced to send their daughters to work in the sex industry. As a mother I would rather starve to death than do that. I prefer not to have a TV, mobile phone, motorbike, lao kao for my husband, some money for his mia noi, than to sacrifice my daughter. In Thailand everybody poor can get food from neighbours or temple, it is warm, people can sleep open air (which is not possible in many other countries ), most of these people live on their own piece of land in a wooden hut, but it belongs to them, although it looks poor (many poor people in other countires do not have that) Think about the difference of being poor in a warm or a cold country and what "poor" really means. In Europe high qualified people have to work now for low salary due to the economic crisis. How do they feel, do they start to sell their daughters?????

I too have decided to postpone my trip to Thailand due to not wanting to be inconvenienced by the protesters. I love Thailand and don't have a place I can go that will fulfill the Thai fix but I do have other wonderful tropical resorts my wife and I can go to in the mean time.When I lived in Thailand things were different and time was on my side but now working for a Farang corp in Farangland vacation time is limited and precious and I don't want to risk it caught in traffic jams on sukhumwit. I know I am not alone in my thinking too, Thailand really needs to find a solution to this problem if they hope to retain any of the progress they've made the last decade.

Why does a visitor have to go thru Bkk? I know Thais and farang who live overseas, and when they come to Thailand, they check thru the major airport and immediately book for a place away from Bkk. They never see the city except from the air. Plus, there are some flights which come directly in to Phuket or C.Mai from overseas.

I also can't help but grin at the farang who spent waaaaay too much on condos in Bkk. Even in the best of times, Bkk is a yuk place to reside. Now, with prolonged rallies, more noise & trash than usual, the place is worse. For the amount of dough it costs to buy a condo in Bkk, I could buy 5 acres (12 rai) of beautiful parkland alongside a river, with a lovely spacious main house plus and outbuildings for servants/landscaper/masseuse - and perhaps a cottage for doing crafts or growing orchids .....and have enough left over for a new vehicle.

dam_n Bramburgers, you are a member of the Elite repressing class. Nothing left for a full-time toenail clipper?

Not sure how much you can write about competitive sources, so I'll write a summary, and if this is against the rules, then please delete it.

A train with 25 army vehicles en route to Pattani was stopped by about 200 red shirt protesters in Khon Khen. They were Humvees and GMG trucks.

Protesters refuse to let the train pass, believing it's destined to Bangkok to help disperse the redshirts from CBD.

Is this the possbible chain reaction that would occur throughtout the rest of Thailand

if they launch an attack on the Bangkok red shirts..............it will be civil war :)

Very sad to say!

Untill today I didn't belive it but it's now very easy to see things spiraling out of control.

NEGOTIATE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!! :D

No parents are forced to send their daughters to work in the sex industry. As a mother I would rather starve to death than do that. I prefer not to have a TV, mobile phone, motorbike, lao kao for my husband, some money for his mia noi, than to sacrifice my daughter. In Thailand everybody poor can get food from neighbours or temple, it is warm, people can sleep open air (which is not possible in many other countries ), most of these people live on their own piece of land in a wooden hut, but it belongs to them, although it looks poor (many poor people in other countires do not have that) Think about the difference of being poor in a warm or a cold country and what "poor" really means. In Europe high qualified people have to work now for low salary due to the economic crisis. How do they feel, do they start to sell their daughters?????

You are not a greedy Thai bitch then, that revels in your daughter sending you 3,000 baht a month, or buying you the occasional Baht of gold ?

I suspect you are not Thai and therefore are clueless about the 'debt'.

Edited by Chaimai

It seems like the yellows have to be the once to sort out the reds - just read this in the Nation:

A red shirt leader said that the leaders in Bangkok ordered the group to detain the soldiers and trains for five days. About 1,000 red shirts in Khon Kaen gathered

the article doesn't make a lot of sense the way its written but I guess from it that the red shirts have taken over a train with soldiers in it and their gear and holding them hostage - I wish the Nation would hire some native English editors

But the fact is that unfortunately the Thai army seems to be as effective as the Thai carpenter I had replace a door and he put the locking mechanism on the outside

Could someone, anyone PLEASE get rid of these reds and bring law and order back to the streets of Bangkok

You are not a greedy a Thai bitch then ?

Chaimai, can you please tell me about the 'debt' and its relation to the sex industry. Really, I'd like to know. Consider me not Thai and therefore clueless, I always do.

Untill today I didn't belive it but it's now very easy to see things spiraling out of control.

Yes, they are and the red shirts will have to suffer, the final outcome will be very sad for them. Their leaders will be executed or put in jail if they have a chance. They have been already declared as a terrorist group by law, so there is no happy ending for them.

It seems like the yellows have to be the once to sort out the reds - just read this in the Nation:

A red shirt leader said that the leaders in Bangkok ordered the group to detain the soldiers and trains for five days. About 1,000 red shirts in Khon Kaen gathered

the article doesn't make a lot of sense the way its written but I guess from it that the red shirts have taken over a train with soldiers in it and their gear and holding them hostage - I wish the Nation would hire some native English editors

But the fact is that unfortunately the Thai army seems to be as effective as the Thai carpenter I had replace a door and he put the locking mechanism on the outside

Could someone, anyone PLEASE get rid of these reds and bring law and order back to the streets of Bangkok

The carpenter might have just known you pretty well? :)

These are the things those reds are up to now. If the tank had blown it would have caused huge loss of life.

Now I'm just waiting for those reds here to cme out of their holes and say "oh tha government did this to discredit the red " such a statement wouldn't surprise me at all

The reds can end all this now by simply leaving and going home - anything that happens when the government /army moves in to clear them is 100% their fault

News to your ears eh BKjohn? If the tank had blown... If these people weren't repressed in the first place... If they got a fair wage for the work they did... If they didn't have the send their daughters to work in the sex industry in the City to make ends meet... With all these "ifs", you can see the "whys".

Having spoken to loads of poor Thai people about this I would add that nobody sends a daughter to the sex industry to make ends meet. Making ends meet is not that much of an issue in Thailand. However, it is an issue to get beyond this subsistance level for some/many although not as much as it was a few decades ago, so it would be better to phrase what you wrote as sending their daughters to the sex industry of the city to improve their lot. Many villagers look down on people who encourage their kids to do this by the way and would never countenance doing it themsleves. It is a very complicated issue

Many years ago there used to be selling of kids especially in the upper Northern region I havent heard of much recently except a little around Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai which I heard about a few yerars ago that sadly involved girls at completion of P6. However I actually heard about this from a relative of a family trying to stop other older family members doing it and it wasnt about making ends meet at all.

By the way I dont disagree about the repression but there is no need to exaggerate it as that just undermines the arguement

Also firing RPGs at aviation fuel tanks is the act of a lunatic or real terrorist and Im sure we would all condemn this act and hope the person respnsible is captured quickly and hopefully not given bail

Ya, but you are living in the sticks! Your neighbors will be Khun Ellie May and Jethro.... forget it! You might as well be in an old folks home watching TV, posting here on the Net and waiting to die!!!! Ain't worth it AT ALLLLLLL!!!

Having spoken to loads of poor Thai people about this I would add that nobody sends a daughter to the sex industry to make ends meet. Making ends meet is not that much of an issue in Thailand. However, it is an issue to get beyond this subsistance level for some/many although not as much as it was a few decades ago, so it would be better to phrase what you wrote as sending their daughters to the sex industry of the city to improve their lot. Many villagers look down on people who encourage their kids to do this by the way and would never countenance doing it themsleves. It is a very complicated issue

Many years ago there used to be selling of kids especially in the upper Northern region I havent heard of much recently except a little around Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai which I heard about a few yerars ago that sadly involved girls at completion of P6. However I actually heard about this from a relative of a family trying to stop other older family members doing it and it wasnt about making ends meet at all.

By the way I dont disagree about the repression but there is no need to exaggerate it as that just undermines the arguement

Also firing RPGs at aviation fuel tanks is the act of a lunatic or real terrorist and Im sure we would all condemn this act and hope the person respnsible is captured quickly and hopefully not given bail

15-25 years ago the selling of children by their families to factories and brothels was very common in the NE. There has been great social progress there along with steadily improving incomes and educational opportunities. Compared to then, life is very much improved in the NE and continues to improve. No one HAS TO be a prostitute anymore.

There are a lot of Thai parents who ONLY have kids so that they will support them in their old age. They do not care how their children make money, they just want to see the money every month. Plenty of daughters work as hookers and tell their parents that they are waitresses or whatever. Their parents KNOW that a waitress cannot make the kind of money that their daughters are sending them, but they TURN A BLIND EYE, because they do not love their kids, they love their money. Children are like expendable assets... Produce or be disowned. This is the REAL WORLD>

Okay... now 6:20pm.... the traffic at Nana and Sukhumvit is at a standstill! I mean NOTHING is moving... what is happening? Something has blocked off the traffic...

Either everything is normal (haha) or something is happening with the red shirts blockade?

Anyone???

That is normal isn't it?

Everyone will say that they love their kids and that they want them to have the best and be the best.

So how come there are so so so many kids out there working crap jobs such as prostitution?

Such a HYPOCRITICAL society... it's like go to temple to pray, lecture everyone about how Buddhism is so important, then go out and do everything wrong.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Edited by Redsunset

Anyone???

That is normal isn't it?

Normally traffic is awful here between 5:30 and 7:00pm. But since the red shirts have seized Rajaprasong, traffic has been virtually non-existent till this evening. Then, suddenly, it was backed up again, like the worst "normal" day.....

Something is up....

Chaimai, can you please tell me about the 'debt' and its relation to the sex industry. Really, I'd like to know. Consider me not Thai and therefore clueless, I always do.

impoverished families are virtually forced in to debt by the system, and rutheless debt collectors pressure the 'sale' of daughters in to the trade as it is the only 'resource' that really poor people have. Most do not own the land they live on, this is further pressured for families that do own their land and can not subdivide ever smaller to accommodate siblings. They can not buy new land. When the crop fails - normally to drought, it has a huge impact. It is a downward spiral.

You also overlook the vast numbers of very young women that get pregnant and are dumped - how are they supposed to get by? or the vast numbers of wifes and young mothers faced with a dead spouse from songkran let alone the daily road carnage that seems to impact young, uneducated males the most. Many of these vulnerable women are left penny-less as the sole income provider ceases to exist, and there is insufficient or no family support as kids are supposed to support their elders here.

These people need our help and support.

\Chaimai, can you please tell me about the 'debt' and its relation to the sex industry. Really, I'd like to know. Consider me not Thai and therefore clueless, I always do.

impoverished families are virtually forced in to debt by the system, and rutheless debt collectors pressure the 'sale' of daughters in to the trade as it is the only 'resource' that really poor people have. Most do not own the land they live on, this is further pressured for families that do own their land and can not subdivide ever smaller to accommodate siblings. They can not buy new land. When the crop fails - normally to drought, it has a huge impact. It is a downward spiral.

You also overlook the vast numbers of very young women that get pregnant and are dumped - how are they supposed to get by? or the vast numbers of wifes and young mothers faced with a dead spouse from songkran let alone the daily road carnage that seems to impact young, uneducated males the most. Many of these vulnerable women are left penny-less as the sole income provider ceases to exist, and there is insufficient or no family support as kids are supposed to support their elders here.

How does the system force people into debt? I agree that bad circumstances make good people suffer, but this is not always the case. In many instances, lazy, drunk, irresponsible adults are to blame. Because they are also greedy, they need monies to buy that Blackberry or BMW, so they let their daughters get silicone implants and work as prostitutes. Then they turn a blind eye. We blame the system, but it is the people in the system that need to change AS WELL!

First paragraph: Yes people can be poor, but not nearly so poor as you are empirically poor. I suggest you talk to some hookers.

What has any of this to do with the non-negotiable demands of the Red Shirt leadership?

First paragraph: Yes people can be poor, but not nearly so poor as you are empirically poor. I suggest you talk to some hookers.

What has any of this to do with the non-negotiable demands of the Red Shirt leadership?

Nothing at all. just red propaganda hiding the real agenda - Thaksins return

The reds are bringing the country to its knees to prepare Thaksins return - it is high time the government clears the situation with full force applied

those who will die have only themselves to blame and are not to be considered a loss to humanity considering what they have done

Edited by BKjohn

Dear Neurath,

I had half an hour off to have a bite to eat and I can see that many people, better qualified than I, are already answering your question. :)

Suffice to say that my limited knowledge suggests that Thai offspring are born with the burden of supporting their parents - a role that is usually reversed in the West.

Couple that with the fact that it is easier to 'earn' money in the sex industry (even from just tips) than picking coconuts or cutting rice and you will understand the gravitation towards Pattaya/Bangkok. (Not exclusively, of course, because Thai ladies have been servicing the needs of Thai men for centuries - not sure what the venues were called before the advent of 'karaoke' ?

Also, you will have noticed that growing one crop of rice a year is not a full time job.

I was wondering the whole time what falang redshits remind me of, and then it struck me:

They remind me of ... W.I.G.G.E.R.S.!

Cause their concept makes about just as much sense :)

(Save it, I'm not "yellow". I'm just someone who's pissed off because of a huge bunch of very annoying troublemakers, 95% of whom, and I bet all my shirts here, not only the reds or yellows, have not the slightest clue what the word democracy really means).

Dear Neurath,

I had half an hour off to have a bite to eat and I can see that many people, better qualified than I, are already answering your question. :)

Suffice to say that my limited knowledge suggests that Thai offspring are born with the burden of supporting their parents - a role that is usually reversed in the West.

Couple that with the fact that it is easier to 'earn' money in the sex industry (even from just tips) than picking coconuts or cutting rice and you will understand the gravitation towards Pattaya/Bangkok. (Not exclusively, of course, because Thai ladies have been servicing the needs of Thai men for centuries - not sure what the venues were called before the advent of 'karaoke' ?

Also, you will have noticed that growing one crop of rice a year is not a full time job.

Dear Chaimai,

First, I hope that you dinner was to your satisfaction and, second, thank you for your calm and clear consideration of my query.

I was baffled as to how the present government was responsible for mothers forcing their children into prostitution and equally baffled as to how the current non-negotiable demands of the Red Shirt leadership would solve it. The scales have now fallen from my eyes and my revolutionary juices are flowing!

Poverty (Abhisit's fault) + cultural practice of bunkhun (Abhisit's fault) + easier money in sex industry (Abhisit's fault) = mother's forcing their daughters into prostitution (Abhisit's fault) = necessity of non-negotiable demand for yup sapha NOW!

I shall be stepping out happily now to sharpen my bamboo pole and enter the fray! I'm feeling quite like Mel Gibson in Braveheart!

Best regards,

Neurath.