Movie - Sin City

I saw a good movie the other day - Sin City.

When it got to the end I was totally confused, maybe I missed part of it.

At the end when Bruce Wilis goes into the bar and sees the dancer on stage, the guy at the start was there having a beer.

Also the very end, some guy asked some woman if she wanted a cigarette, who were they?

It was a good movie, very dark, very different - the ending?

Well Tarantino probably wrote the ending so don't lose any sleep over it.

Great performances from Clive Owen and Mickey Rourke and I would do anything, absolutely anything to spend a night with the short haired black girl* who played the prostitute who was also Clive Owen's best mate.

503389_rt.jpg

There she is in one of the posters licking her lips. :o:D:D

* Rosario Dawson.

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

I was disappointed in the movie,I thought it was going to be about Pattaya,but it just looked like a tame Pattaya :o

Not sure about the end,but I think it was the movie just going back to the start,as it started with the big guy getting the girl from their.

Just watched Bruce in Hostage, enjoyed that.

Pandit, congrats on your Mille! You'll be missed, look fwd to your post grand comments once settled.

I tried to watch Sin City but it was too much 'style' not enough substance. Never made it to the finish line on this one. Not to hijack the thread but watched Crash recently and now THERE's a good movie imho. Well acted, written and directed. A bit too many coincidences portrayed but definately makes it's point. Lingers with you.

I thought Sin City was um..........decent. Didn't particularly care for most of the graphic novels as well, but more to the point:

The stories are non-linear (not for any particular reason, just for "style" value, I'm afraid), and thus you see Marv (from the first story) at the bar in the last scene, as do you see Kevin (the kung-<deleted> fighting glasses-wearing cannibal).

The ending scene is a reference to the beginning-the doctor in the elevator who offers a cigarette is the same character as the very first character in the opening: A hitman who has been dispatched to kill the girl from the second story.

And, incidentally, Tarantino did not, as far as I'm aware, write any of the script. He directed a section of the second story, where Dwight is in the car talking to the corpse.

I don't think Tarantino done a great deal at all, Frank Miller wrote the original graphic novel, and halfway through the making started directing it as well to his vision.

Since Rodrigues was the main director and your only allowed one director listed on a film according to the Dircetors guild, he resigned from the Directors guild so both he and Frank Miller could get credited on the film.

as do you see Kevin (the kung-<deleted> fighting glasses-wearing cannibal).

The ending scene is a reference to the beginning-the doctor in the elevator who offers a cigarette is the same character as the very first character in the opening: A hitman who has been dispatched to kill the girl from the second story.

I never saw Kevin.

I thought that the guy in the lift might have been the same guy at the start, but I watched the start again and he didn't look the same to me. I'll have a nother look.

Cheers.

I don't think Tarantino done a great deal at all, Frank Miller wrote the original graphic novel, and halfway through the making started directing it as well to his vision.

Since Rodrigues was the main director and your only allowed one director listed on a film according to the Dircetors guild, he resigned from the Directors guild so both he and Frank Miller could get credited on the film.

So... is the book worth reading then...?

totster :o

Correct!!

Rodriguez did indeed resign so that both he and Fmiller got credit.. Not sure if QT did too...

Anecdote from the set... Jessica ALba (Dark Angel) on her first day of shooting was on set facing Rodriguez, Miller, and QT behind the camera, and said, "Oh <deleted>, There´s Three of them!"

Did she look hot, or did she look Sizzling....

Jessica Alba in Sin City

okay, I´m not so goog at Image Shack, so here´s a link to her website instead.

It is a fantastic book. The art is just in black and white - no grey, no colour. Very brutal.

totster :D

It is a fantastic book. The art is just in black and white - no grey, no colour. Very brutal.

Thankyou.... I'll go on the hunt for that tomorrow then... :D

as do you see Kevin (the kung-<deleted> fighting glasses-wearing cannibal).

I never saw Kevin.

I thought that the guy in the lift might have been the same guy at the start, but I watched the start again and he didn't look the same to me. I'll have a nother look.

Cheers.

Yeah, it's the same guy, Neeranam; The Man, or Josh Hartnett of Black Hawk Down and Pearl Harbour fame.

Fivevenoms summed it up correctly as being non-linear but I reckon it was a great movie - refreshing...or is that refreshingly brutal :o