Want To Stay In Thailand

hello im bill i want to live in Thailand iv been ther 5 times now they say i can get a multiple o visa can i get ther in thailand then just go across the Laos border every 3 months ill be in thailand in late may for 2 weeks im hoping in getting married ther is it possible for me to stay...thank you bill

Without marriage or other valid reason you will not obtain such a visa anywhere near Thailand and marriage does not allow you to stay in Thailand - it only makes visa or extension of stay easier. If you advise where you are and nationality people can help you better.

After the marriage and before your next trip, you should get yourself a 3 months Non "O" immigrant visa based on marriage to a Thai at your Thai embassy. After arrival deposit minimum 400.000 Baht in your Thai bank account for at least 2 months and you will be qualified for a one year extension of your stay. You will be able to do this every year. On the next extensions, the 400.000 Baht should have been in the bank for at least 3 months. You will need the bank to sign a letter proving this.

This is only the main requirements. You will find the detailed requirements in the visa section of TV.

If you are not comfortable by doing the extension on your own, there are a lot of legal offices here offering their service for visa extension and quarterly reporting.

Edited by Xonax