Tool Cabinets From China

wildoates

Does anyone know the process of getting items from China. Looking at some tool cabinets and Price is OK and shipping to Bangkok Port is cheap. But then what?? Does anyone know what is envolved in picking up this shipment? Is there duty to pay? If so How much? Where would I go to get them? ect. Shipment door to door is just out of the question, cost is over the top. Port is $80USD door to door is $600USD. Thanks in advance for advice.

I too am interested in a Tool cabinet, the ones ive seen here are extremely expensive..

Wildoates, do you have a link to these cabinets your thinking of importing, I might be interested in one as well, If so the logistics dept here at work may be able to help with the import.

Or do as many of our neighbours drie to Lao and walk tuktuk to China its only 200 mins form C Kong if you need a visa run too.

Perhaps real tools deserve better than Chinese take away.

I found a chaepo on wheel albeit plastic with 3 drwers in Home mart or home pro c mao for very little

Its a workmans version of

"WHEELIE SUITCASE ABOUT 90CM HIGH LIFT OUT DRAWERS AND LOADS LITTLE SPACES FOR SCREWS DRILL BITS ETC"

not top notch but for a few bucks lastedthe construction of our home and now just handy round the garden

COULD NOT BE SECURELY SHUT AS PLASTIC SO WOULD LIKE AMEATL ONE ANY LEADS

Goof luck

I too am interested in a Tool cabinet, the ones ive seen here are extremely expensive..

Wildoates, do you have a link to these cabinets your thinking of importing, I might be interested in one as well, If so the logistics dept here at work may be able to help with the import.

Here is what they sent me back, the 1194 is the one I got a quote on. It was 298USD each (said I was buying 2) and shipping to Bangkok Port was 80USD for both, and shipping time was 3 days.

If you want we can work on getting more, shipping is cheap, just don't know what happens at this end here.

post-78077-1271937466_thumb.jpg

Here is what they sent me back, the 1194 is the one I got a quote on. It was 298USD each (said I was buying 2) and shipping to Bangkok Port was 80USD for both, and shipping time was 3 days.

If you want we can work on getting more, shipping is cheap, just don't know what happens at this end here.

looks ok, do you have any more specs on it, like ball bearing runners on the drawers ??

looks ok, do you have any more specs on it, like ball bearing runners on the drawers ??

Here is the web site http://en.jwfu.com/products/3548/

they say

1.0mm thickness gauge steel for the frame, 0.8mm steel for drawers

Color options: Red, Black, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Green.

Ball-bearing slides on each drawers

Edited by wildoates

• 3 weeks later...

post-78077-1273487595_thumb.jpgpost-78077-1273487608_thumb.jpg

Here is a base cabinet I picked up here in Surin. Price was right at 8K baht. very nice, drawers have ball bearing slides, and drawer liners. Have ordered a top box at about 4K baht. best price in Thailand for sure.

post-78077-1273487595_thumb.jpgpost-78077-1273487608_thumb.jpg

Here is a base cabinet I picked up here in Surin. Price was right at 8K baht. very nice, drawers have ball bearing slides, and drawer liners. Have ordered a top box at about 4K baht. best price in Thailand for sure.

Whereabouts in Surin did you get it from? I didn't realise I needed one until I saw your pictures, it'd be very handy for the workshop.

There is a tool shop behind the mall. It is on the corner, has lawnmowers and compressers out front. Talk with owner, nice man, speaks english. can get in 2-3 days. If want to meet and I show you let me know by PM.