Exporting Services

I'm running a small co ltd exporting software development services. Ie overseas clients asks me for a piece of software, I write it and send to them (over the net). Up until now we haven't charged any VAT as my interpretation was that this is not VATable. (Although we are VAT registered etc to comply with work permit requirements)

However, my accountant wasn't sure if it was correct so she went to ask the revenue department. They didn't have a clue either but started babbling about some 15% "copyright tax".

This is pure consulting so that seems like <deleted> to me. I don't have the copyright (or any other IP rights) to the things I do for my clients so why would I pay any copyright taxes?

1) Am I correct that this should be VAT exempt?

2) Am I correct that since this is consulting jobs no "copyright taxes" apply?

(Any good web resources out there that covers this - in Engrish or Thai?)

I'm running a small co ltd exporting software development services. Ie overseas clients asks me for a piece of software, I write it and send to them (over the net). Up until now we haven't charged any VAT as my interpretation was that this is not VATable. (Although we are VAT registered etc to comply with work permit requirements)

However, my accountant wasn't sure if it was correct so she went to ask the revenue department. They didn't have a clue either but started babbling about some 15% "copyright tax".

This is pure consulting so that seems like <deleted> to me. I don't have the copyright (or any other IP rights) to the things I do for my clients so why would I pay any copyright taxes?

1) Am I correct that this should be VAT exempt?

2) Am I correct that since this is consulting jobs no "copyright taxes" apply?

(Any good web resources out there that covers this - in Engrish or Thai?)

http://www.rd.go.th/

Try here