Governments Around The World Warn Citizens To Avoid Thailand

webfact

I think it's only a matter of time before Foreign Governments put the Red Shirts on the Terrorist list.

I hope they do so, just so the people watching the news understand that these terrorists are not supported by 99.9% of the population here.

They give Thailand a bad image pretending to be a massive protest while they are just criminals on the run. They have hurt the country and it's reputation very badly.

Anyone associated by any means with them should also be jailed, for supporting a Terrorist Organization.

You have been reading too much propaganda. The word terrorists is being used to justify action from the incredibly inept government that may result in more death and injury.

The reds had held many cards until recently and had made their point and should have packed up a couple of weeks ago at least and started preparing for elections for which they had a huge amount of support- even from people in Bangkok and the south. That is now rapidly disappearing and the hardcore element remaining in the protest are the dangerous ones,a reduced numbers of protesters but now a powder keg.

This should, and could have been resolved weeks ago, now all factions are equally to blame for a highly volatile situation that is threatening to go countrywide.

A very sad time for the Land of No More Smiles that requires positive leadership and cool heads from all sides not the current rhetoric that is generally inflammatory. :)

What is their point?

- help the poor. How have they done that so far? How are they going to do that in the future?

- democracy. They are showing what they think of democracy by forcing an elected government into elections.

- corruption. The corruption in the villages is what is keeping the poor down. And there leader ... corrupt while PM.

- elite. Change one elite with a different elite.

- elections. So they can get caught buying votes again. And then get a minority of votes again. And try and form a coalition with parties that are not supporting them now.

Did I miss anything?

the corruption in the villages is keeping the poor down

I strongly agree ,that this is a grave and serious matter,never been adressed by any government (or the protesters of any color)

take the lease of a rice paddy of any size,

the sharecropper plows, tends the field,plant the rice,irrigates it fertilizes it,harvest it,and has to give 50% of the harvest to the (middleman) or owner of the field.

Then he has to pay back to the bank the money borrowed to pay all above with high interest,leaves him next to nil.

I think it's only a matter of time before Foreign Governments put the Red Shirts on the Terrorist list.

I hope they do so, just so the people watching the news understand that these terrorists are not supported by 99.9% of the population here.

They give Thailand a bad image pretending to be a massive protest while they are just criminals on the run. They have hurt the country and it's reputation very badly.

Anyone associated by any means with them should also be jailed, for supporting a Terrorist Organization.

Calling them terrorists would amount to tyranny. The same type of tyranny Bush and company used in the US to create a war of aggression and get foreign support.

From my understanding of SE Asia, they've had enough tyrants to last them for a while. I doubt that such a move would sit well with the Thai people.

They are what they are--5,000 or so in a city of 15,000,000--the world knows this. What you have is civil unrest that creates a traffic jam. It'll pass.

Welcome to the real world! 26 people killed, almost 1000 injured!

Calling them terrorists would amount to tyranny. The same type of tyranny Bush and company used in the US to create a war of aggression and get foreign support.

From my understanding of SE Asia, they've had enough tyrants to last them for a while. I doubt that such a move would sit well with the Thai people.

They are what they are--5,000 or so in a city of 15,000,000--the world knows this. What you have is civil unrest that creates a traffic jam. It'll pass.

Welcome to the real world! 26 people killed, almost 1000 injured!

Excuse me, who is going on the terrorist list? The government? Almost all of the casualties and deaths were Redshirts.

If Norway doesn't have a problem funding Hamas and many western governments have looked the other way at the funding of religioous schools that preach the downfall of western governments, I do not see how any government would even consider the Redshirts to be a terror organization. None of the Redshirt activities is directed outside of Thailand anyway.

I'll be more sympathetic if and when the Reds start recruiting children as suicide bombers or go and bomb schools and daycares ok.

right on man! ya got my vote

EGGsactly and the PAD as well! .. soooo grroOoOovy

keep up the good ?work?

---

BTW where did you get 99.9% . There was actually a poll done and about 20% said they were red shirt supporters and 10% yellow 70% Neither

proving that 70% of Thais know more about the situation that 90% of farangs who INSIST on taking sides with one gang over the other gang.

Who is better the mafia or the triads? reds yellows same same

Edited by eggomaniac

right on man! ya got my vote

EGGsactly and the PAD as well! .. soooo grroOoOovy

keep up the good ?work?

---

BTW where did you get 99.9% . There was actually a poll done and about 20% said they were red shirt supporters and 10% yellow 70% Neither

proving that 70% of Thais know more about the situation that 90% of farangs who INSIST on taking sides with one gang over the other gang.

Who is better the mafia or the triads? reds yellows same same

Bigpanda has lost the plot. After he mentioned the 99.9 % figure there was little point reading the rest of his biased and propagandist post.

Taksin's return would be bad for this country - thai and farang. And there are rogue mob elements everywhere - red mob yellow mob. the real issue is a better lifestyle for thais. question of corruption and class, so any change however much hoped for will be very very slow.

caf