Non-indexation Of Uk State Pension In Thailand

As i understand it, you get the UK state pension in Thailand but it is not indexed for any rises. You normally get the UK state pension at 65 but you can defer it to a later age to get more money.

What does this no-indexing mean ? Does it mean that at whatever rate you first get the state pension, you just got no annual increases from that time while you are in Thailand ? Presumably if I went back to the UK at some point I would get the indexed increases from then onwards.

Edited by penbat

As i understand it, you get the UK state pension in Thailand but it is not indexed for any rises. You normally get the UK state pension at 65 but you can defer it to a later age to get more money.

What does this no-indexing mean ? Does it mean that at whatever rate you first get the state pension, you just got no annual increases from that time while you are in Thailand ? Presumably if I went back to the UK at some point I would get the indexed increases from then onwards.

Yes - no annual increase if you live in Thailand or any of the "non-uprated" pension countries. So if you live long enough, you'll have a pension worth peanuts. Thanks to the miserly bastards called the UK government.

Yes again - whenever you first start to take it, that's the amount you will always get, except when you visit home, or go to stay in an "indexed" country, when you will get the uprated amount for the time you are there.

Just think of all the f***king paperwork needed to keep this f***ing stupid system going! :o

And think of all the money the UK saves by not having 500,000 pensioners to keep healthy.

If you want to join the fight, join BEP or BAPA:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bep/

http://www.britishpensions.org.au/

(As you can possibly tell, this is a subject close to my heart - and wallet).