Volunteer Tourist Police

rafval

whats the legality of them entering rooms with just a flash of their card, I only ask because i was lying naked on my bed and one comes in demanding to see my passport, seemed a little strange to me, but anyway, next time feel free to introduce yourself, I mean you did flash your card but can you let me get dressed next time before you do your little beach road whore pimping job? oh yeah, I had a word to the staff at PS about the other guy whos room you searched, he doesnt know it because you didnt have the courtesy to tell him, but the little lady was able to buy some yaba with the money you got from him as well

dont get me wrong, Im not against the volunteers at all, this guys may lose his job with any luck, but entering a persons room without permission is kind of personal and I know Im not the first, if someone uses a police ID to illegally enter my room its going to be public?

Edited by Mario2008
name deleted - mario2008

Worldwide Police standard is that they will not enter any persons abode unless invited, without a search warrant. This does apply in Thailand.

Power trips by these guys in Pattaya go usually unreported, well done for reporting it but u should have made a police complaint.

Dec

Worldwide Police standard is that they will not enter any persons abode unless invited, without a search warrant. This does apply in Thailand.

Power trips by these guys in Pattaya go usually unreported, well done for reporting it but u should have made a police complaint.

Dec

yes, will make a formal complaint but was rather annoyed and if hes going to use his police ID to do work that isnt a tourist police matter, in fact hes working for beach girls, then he has to realize its going public sooner or latter, for one thing its not as if the beach ladies dont tell other people and use him as a threat, for another not everyone is scared of his gestapo manner

I will say I have spoken to several volunteer police here and they certainly dont approve of what hes doing

Edited by rafval

just some friendly advice for any bms who might be a member of the keystone cops- you do to me what you did to this op and you better hope for your sake you brought your parachute! becuase i like to stay in a room with a good view and a balcony!!!!

Or Phuket!!

What about "Pathetic".

You know what guy's?, some of them do some good and help tourists/expats out of tricky situations, dont tar em all with the same brush.

Edited by MB1

Dec

not so the uk police can forcibly enter any where if they believe a person guily of an arrestable offence is in there and wont come out------------seen it a few years ago at next door neighbours.

Or Phuket!!

What about "Pathetic".

You know what guy's?, some of them do some good and help tourists/expats out of tricky situations, dont tar em all with the same brush.

I certainly agree, the ones I have spoken to seem like nice guys and seem to find his behavior totally unacceptable, Im only talking about the one guy here, but he does use his police credentials to work as a pimp for beach ladies and has been doing so for some time so naturally it will reflect on the whole volunteer police force Edited by rafval

Dec

not so the uk police can forcibly enter any where if they believe a person guily of an arrestable offence is in there and wont come out------------seen it a few years ago at next door neighbours.

Maybe so....but they are real policemen...persons in question are not real policemen... :)

If said person had turned up at the OP place with a real BiB in tow, and person concerned was there to provide translation between the real BIB and OP its one thing, but it appears the person concerned turned up on his own demanding entry...not the same thing.

I dont have a problem with the concept of farang volunteer "police", but do feel in Pattaya they "employ" some very suspect characters who are wanna-bee's, who are on a power trip and employ Gestapo tactics.

OP is right to put in a formal complaint.

There are most likely persons in the volunteer's who are doing it for the right reasons, but appears there are individuals involved who not acting in the same sprirt and therefore tarnishing the whole thing, so any good they are doing is being over shadowed by the bad things they are doing...

Maybe so....but they are real policemen...persons in question are not real policemen... :)

If said person had turned up at the OP place with a real BiB in tow, and person concerned was there to provide translation between the real BIB and OP its one thing, but it appears the person concerned turned up on his own demanding entry...not the same thing.

I dont have a problem with the concept of farang volunteer "police", but do feel in Pattaya they "employ" some very suspect characters who are wanna-bee's, who are on a power trip and employ Gestapo tactics.

OP is right to put in a formal complaint.

There are most likely persons in the volunteer's who are doing it for the right reasons, but appears there are individuals involved who not acting in the same sprirt and therefore tarnishing the whole thing, so any good they are doing is being over shadowed by the bad things they are doing...

yes, he didnt demand entry, I hadnt locked the door and he just walked in and pulled out his card, there were no policemen present because hes working as a pimp and wouldnt want it to be public, hes using his ID to do work thats not police related, no doubt he means well by impressing the lady but I doubt that its a job the tourist police are supposed to do and its not a job the ordinary police would do

Sorry, another dumb question.

Why didn't you punch him in the head and throw him out ? (maybe after you put your jeans on)

good point, I believe in thailand I could do that but I didnt think of it at the time, on the other hand I dont want to have real police demanding money from me