Looking For A Bandwidth Regulator

joka

oh, got the bucket of steam already.....

anyway, i'm looking for a program (firewall?)that can divert a little of the bandwidth away from my p2p program so i can still surf at a reasonable speed. anyone know of such a thing? .................thanks,,,,,,,,,john

Which P2P application are you using?

Most P2P apps I have seen have an option in the settings that allows the user to limit the bandwidth he wants to allocate to this P2P app. Can you try this if you can in your P2P app? So, you wouldn't need any additional programme.

you're right, i am using azureus and i found the limiter, and looked at a couple of other apps and they had them too, except star downloader. curious if there is a stand alone program that does this.

you're right, i am using azureus and i found the limiter, and looked at a couple of other apps and they had them too, except star downloader.Β  curious if there is a stand alone program that does this.

hi'

with any P2P client software, you have to set the upload rate between 80 to 90% of the total bandwidth.

mesure it using a site that can give your upload speed.

here : speed-test

you'll get your speed in kbps, divide by 8 and then you get your real speed in KB/s.

use 80% to begin and your surf will be alright as well as the download speed you can get from P2P.

your UL speed is 128kbps as the speed meter says, so in real it's a 16KB/s, so you can set it at 13KB/s for P2P :o ...the big max should be 15KB/s.

I have a 256 kbps, so a 32KB/s, set at 25KB/s for P2P and get up to more than 300KB/s download, but it always depends of the number of seeds/peers and general speed of tracker.(surfin' is more than alright)

hope it helps a bit

francois