Young Farang Lost His Way

tijnebijn

hi all,

I thought perhaps worth mentioning ,

My wife has got her business at Chang Klan , near Chiangmai land .

The last couple of days there is a young farang ( around 20 years old ) scrumbling around .

He is begging for food and looks desperate , looks he hasn't showered for weeks .

She says he looks as he is in a trip , big pumped eyes , nervously moving , symptoms of being in a trip ,

or perhaps in a psychose .

I told her to avoid eye contact , the neighbour said she saw him the last 2 weeks like this .

He doesn't look like an expat , a lost tourist is more likely .

Did anyone else see this tall young ' farang ' , I'm not in the neighbourhood , sure he needs assistance ,

what would be the best thing to do apart leaving him alone ? maybe his family back home has lost him .

Sad .

I'll not be in Chiangmai for the next two weeks , so not much I can do I'm afraid .

Not sure if I would also , got to observe him first before approach .

If he realy is very desperate I might try to work something out , tourist police is the

first option I guess , anyone else seen him ? Or at least some of us know what to look out for ,

my wife implicates he really looks very dirty ...... Hope it turns out well eventually .

On the other hand I might tell my wife to contact tourist police if he still walks around this weekend ,

maybe he doesn't like it , not sure what to do different .... Thai people look at it as <deleted> ? But its not

in their nature to take their nose in other mans business , so probably let him be ....

He probably post on TV every day...on the political threads.

When I read some of the stuff posted on there he sounds exactly like how I visualize the writers.

Hope somebody sends him home in one piece soon....maybe he could take a few thousand more with him... :)

When I read some of the stuff posted on there he sounds exactly like how I visualize the writers.

Hope somebody sends him home in one piece soon....maybe he could take a few thousand more with him... :)

You're probably not too far off the money there. :D

Actually you can get some people with certain illnesses that can get very confused.

I believe certain kidney diseases can cause extreme confusion.

If this person doesn't remember his name/ details etc there must be something seriously wrong.

Somehow I wouldn't expect the Tourist Police to do much.

Twice I have seen accidents involving head injuries (motorbikes) near my home and lets just say the response has been pretty pathetic (police & tourist police).

Actually you can get some people with certain illnesses that can get very confused.

I believe certain kidney diseases can cause extreme confusion.

If this person doesn't remember his name/ details etc there must be something seriously wrong.

Somehow I wouldn't expect the Tourist Police to do much.

Twice I have seen accidents involving head injuries (motorbikes) near my home and lets just say the response has been pretty pathetic (police & tourist police).

Sorry I forgot, no more smoke or rain or bad hamburgers, time to rag on the the cops. :)

I'm afraid there's no word to express my feelings. :D

Has anyone thought that he may be on medication , or not, he may have a condition, Dont be to quick to Judge, :D:)

I don't see where anyone has judged him - although one could be forgiven for doing so with the types that wash up here - but you bandied about your own thoughts easily enough. Chill, or get down there if you're that concerned.

I've just finish my second search . and have no clue

I ask a local around chiangmailand and about they said that there's lot of Farang around here and they can't dintinguish or see any different.

I ask my friend that live around there he said he met one

about two weeks ago

blond

height around 185 - 190

look young

sleeping on a pathway

but he saw him at Kadluang!!

I'm so confuse

tomorrow I'll go to both place but if any one know his appearance that would be good for me and for him

I still wonder about this

around Chiangmailand there's lot of foreigners

and even in Chiang Mai there's lot of foreigners (I'm Thai)

If he lost his belonging , money visa passport all things.

and can't speak Thai

why he don't just find some foreigner and ask for help

and if my information are right

he might wandered a lot around chiang mai

that should make him met many farang on his way wander

and how he survive until now

what he eats

If he can't speak thai then may be he just go to some food shop and begging them

but by Thai tradition . they might think that this farang is pulling some sh-t out of me and won't help

cause most thai thinks that foreigners must rich enough to travel here

and what if I rescued him

he might not have anything

then it would be hard or even impossible to contact TP embassy cause they need at least one identification

and as Thai gov (TP) won't do a F-------- things

as for now I've contact my friend for provide him a shelter

I don't know if that's it

Hi all ,

Nothing new here , but nice initiative from uppalux trying to find him , until now nobody knows

whats his problem . At least he roams near seven sometimes ( chang klan/ chiangmai land ), and looks like he sleeps on the pathway , looks extremely dirty.

My wife got the arai na when seeing him and her friend told her she saw him regularly , but was scared to approach him .

A young looking guy like that confused and dirty looking definitely is not ' average ' , my guess is most people

just not mention it .

I will tell my wife next time to inform TP , in the mean time I hope he have sorted himself out .

I think its the polices problem , if its really unworkable his embassey should be contacted to sort him out ,

but whatever as I said in the opening post , I know nothing , just thought worth mentioning ,

maybe we will know more later .

If the OP is busy running a business with his wife, than he would be best not to get involved.

Any trouble and the police may ask the OP all sorts of questions.

Best to keep a low profile and let nature take it`s course. Sooner or lately the Farang will get picked up or end up in a hospital, possibly deported.

I’ve seen lots of these smelly drugged out Farangs around on my travels.

Unless the OP is willing to step in himself as a sort of social worker, deal with the police who will probably think that the OP is just a pain in the arse for creating extra work for them, I would leave well alone.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Has anyone thought that he may be on medication , or not, he may have a condition, Dont be to quick to Judge, :D:)

I don't see where anyone has judged him - although one could be forgiven for doing so with the types that wash up here - but you bandied about your own thoughts easily enough. Chill, or get down there if you're that concerned.

yes you are correct I did contribute to the thread, but I have learnt a lesson keep my thought to myself and don't bother with post again on Thai visa,

yes you are correct I did contribute to the thread, but I have learnt a lesson keep my thought to myself and don't bother with post again on Thai visa,

"When I read some of the stuff posted on there he sounds exactly like how I visualize the writers." I echo that sentiment, sorry about the young lad, hope his problems get resolved.

Sadly that is a decision a lot of posters have come to.

Often difficult to make any post without derogatory or downright unacceptable responses from the majority of the crowd that now frequents TV. :)

Hey, c'mon, don't be like that, TV needs you. Get that thick skin on. :D

Hey, c'mon, don't be like that, TV needs you. Get that thick skin on. :D

ive got the "water off a ducks back" forum coat, much easier to wear than the thick skin in this heat :D