Thailand Was Colonized....by the Chinese

papaya9

Hello everyone. I have been a lurker on and off for about a year and have read enough times how Thailand was never colonized. I always laugh when I hear this. What a bunch of BS! The Chinese did, and still do--they rule Thailand, quite simply.

Excellent and informative website! :o

Of course they didn't colonize it in a literal sense but really, what's the difference?  The Chinese rule Thailand--the indigenous Thais gave their country away to them..... literally!

What? Are you telling me that Thaksin and all his parliamentary colleagues are Chinese. :D

Surely not...............:o

Are you Chinese Papaya9???

I have a guy that comes in the pub, and is always on about the Chinese ruling Thailand. He says that the real Thais that have lived in the land for centuries don't get a look in because of the newcomers. He rants and raves on about it. And where is he from? AUSTRALIA. The second country after America that has taken over another land and virtually stripped the indigeonous population of ALL their rights. And he's a Thai visa member, so I'm gonna get an ear-bashing when he reads this :o

Of course they didn't colonize it in a literal sense but really, what's the difference?  The Chinese rule Thailand--the indigenous Thais gave their country away to them..... literally!

What? Are you telling me that Thaksin and all his parliamentary colleagues are Chinese. :D

Surely not...............:o

Are you Chinese Papaya9???

?

Edited by Boo

very funny statement - that chinese, who rules Thailand, sometimes don't even speak the language, share thai customs and follow thai rules.

I think this statement is purely "troll", better to spend another year lurking around until better ( and brighter) subject will come to ...

very funny statement - that chinese, who rules Thailand, sometimes don't even speak the language, share thai customs and follow thai rules.

I think this statement is purely "troll", better to spend another year lurking around until better ( and brighter) subject will come to ...

Thread closed.

Reason: Racism slurs - this thread will definitively go bad

/Admin