Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Iphone Lcd Replacement

MKAsok

Can anyone recommend somebody they know is competent and honest in MBK for an LCD replacement? I have a few of those gray line things at the bottom left-hand of my screen, and it's my understanding this is a hardware issue and will necessitate the replacement of the LCD (not the glass and digitiser - these are okay I believe). It's more a cosmetic issue, since the phone still works fine in all respects, but it's just kind of pissing me off. Any advice on what I should be paying would also be welcome (I'd like a genuine Apple LCD, not a copy). It's for a 3G 16G. Thanks.

Wave phone row B 4th floor. Have original screens and copies she will ask you which one you want.

Very friendly honest store for purchases and repairs. I have bought ipads and iPhones and blackberrys from her. Only shop I deal with in MBK generally now.

Edited by negreanu

^Thanks man. Do you have a number for them?

Anyone else please feel free to add to the thread. I probably won't actually get the work done for another week or so.

Don't have number But they have all iPhone parts in stock new glass front for 3GS is around 2500thb to give u an idea for the original part. Expect around 1500thb for copy.

They will do it while you wait and good thing is you can actually watch the guys carrying out the work on your phone.

Edited by negreanu

• 2 weeks later...
Wave phone row B 4th floor.

Well, I couldn't find this place anywhere in Zone B. Are you sure about the location? There's definitely no shop called Wave Phone along there (and yes, I can read Thai script).

I ended up at another place that replaced the LCD while I waited (amazing how quickly those guys can work - it took about 3 minutes). Just for the sake of avoiding any confusion, the LCD is a completely separate component from the glass screen and the digitiser. It's paper thin and sits behind the screen on its own. All seemed well until the guy gave it back to me and I looked at the display which clearly wrong: the colours were all out of wack, the resolution was rubbish and there was a weird yellowish tinge to the whole screen. The guy swore blind it was a genuine Apple LCD and frankly I believe him (or at least I believe he believed it was, or maybe he just genuinely didn't know/care and couldn't be bothered to explain) since he happily swapped it back again without any charge and seemed unable to offer any alternative.

So I'm basically still in the same position. I think I'll just buy a genuine Apple LCD off the internet (they're about $20 USD apparently) and ask them at MBK to swap it rather than waste time with what I suspect will be some trail and error nightmare. In the meantime if anyone knows a place that is definitely legit for doing this, please let me know.