Nouvo Elegance

I am in Vietnam and just bought a new Nouvo LX 135 Limited which is the same as the Nouvo Elegance in Thailand. My problem is that the manual is in Vietnamese and being an expat I cannot read it. Is it possible for someone in Thailand to have the manual in English. if so, could you please send it to me or a website where I could download it.

thank you so much

Well, thank you GungaDin. Shortly after he posted his request, I PMed him with the link to that file, which interestingly is still on the site and available for download.

Jusme

I tried to print it out today but it appears to have a prob with it.

Can you test it by d/loading it and trying to print it?

cheers

gd

edit..... browser is FF.

Curious. As it's such a large file, I didn't re-download it, but went to the original that I uploaded. Opened it in Acrobat and printed just one page to test. No problem.

Don't think your browser would have any effect once the pdf is on your own drive.

Any idea what the problem was? I remember also sending you (I think it was to you) the whole file broken into three parts. Maybe there was some problem when you put them all back together again?

Yeah, I vaguely remember that now. I guess the one that's up there is the original. Might be that people keep downloading it to keep it current, whereas the one with just your name was a one-off.

Which one did you have trouble printing, the one that's there now or the one with your name?

Be nice if tubularbells could give us some input as he's just downloaded it.

Got it and it printed just fine. Interestingly enough although Yamaha recommends a periodic inspection of the V belt, it recommends its replacement only every 25,000 kilometers. Considering i only put on 13,000 kilometers on my first Yamaha Nouvo and it took three years to do that I don't think a belt replacement very 6 years is too bad. And that's just 1000 baht for the replacement which is $30.00 U.S. Oh well, so much for maintenance costs on automatic bikes.

• 2 months later...

Got it and it printed just fine. Interestingly enough although Yamaha recommends a periodic inspection of the V belt, it recommends its replacement only every 25,000 kilometers. Considering i only put on 13,000 kilometers on my first Yamaha Nouvo and it took three years to do that I don't think a belt replacement very 6 years is too bad. And that's just 1000 baht for the replacement which is $30.00 U.S. Oh well, so much for maintenance costs on automatic bikes.

beating, overloading and abusing, no chance you need a new belt in 25k km. 35-50k km is more like it

and its 990 baht

so much for yamaha auto maintance cost.

Honda Click and Airblade is another story

beating, overloading and abusing, no chance you need a new belt in 25k km. 35-50k km is more like it

and its 990 baht

so much for yamaha auto maintance cost.

Honda Click and Airblade is another story

Yamaha is using Nikasil to line the cylinders of its Nouvo Elegance motorbikes. When I looked it up on various web sites, I found that Nikosil acts as a high quality heat dispersant especially for engines with aluminum cylinders and that in itself aluminum has more effective heat dispersion qualities than cast iron. Apparently Nikosil is used in many racing engines for some pretty exotic racing cars. I also read that aluminum and Nikasil allows for higher output engines since the heat dispersion is greater. I'm wondering if Honda used Nikasil on its Airblades or the equivalent. All in all, it seems to me that the Nouvo Elegance is a very high quality little piece of machinery that will last for a very long time with an absolute minimum of problems.

• 1 month later...

I cannot believe you took the trouble of scanning the English manual and converting it to PDF and didn't notice half the pages are so blurred that they're unintelligible!

Does anyone have the part on bike maintenance in readable format? It doesn't have to be fancy PDF of 30MB, just use your phone camera and post a few small JPEGs :o

Not sure what your problem is pisk, but I can read the pdf on my computer, and several others have downloaded it, read it, and printed it. Before aggressively saying that I've created a problem through some kind of stupidity, maybe take a look at yourself!

Of course, as you're a Newbie with only six posts, you wouldn't have been aware of all our discussions regarding this manual over several months. Better listen before shouting.

Not sure what your problem is pisk, but I can read the pdf on my computer, and several others have downloaded it, read it, and printed it. Before aggressively saying that I've created a problem through some kind of stupidity, maybe take a look at yourself!

Of course, as you're a Newbie with only six posts, you wouldn't have been aware of all our discussions regarding this manual over several months. Better listen before shouting.

Well aware, JusMe, and your effort is appreciated. When I said it's hard to believe so much effort went into etc. and the result is of no use (apparently), I meant it literally. I find it strange, hard to believe and worth clearing up.

I also anticipated that the problem might be my PDF viewer, so before posting, I checked on two different computers -- with identical result :( But since you claim there is no problem, I will check on a third... as soon as I get my hands on it :) Btw only the last link works now, so that's the one I'm talking about. Cheers.

The links will change and become out of date. I use SendSpace but it's not on a paid basis, so if the particular file isn't downloaded within some specific time (don;t remember it now), SendSpace deletes it. That's why I've updated it when the link didn't work.

If necessary, I can do it again, or someone else who's got a copy can provide it somehow.