Cost To Register / Transfer A Used Car Or Bike ?

dscasler

Hi all,

I have a 1992 used Toyota Corona I just bought and a 2007 Honda Click motorbike that I want to put in my name. I have the registration books and a work permit, but need to know what it should cost. I found an insurance company that wanted 1700 baht to register my bike for me and a guy at my school (Thai) that wanted 4,000 baht (total) to transfer my car for me. I was under the impression the ACTUAL cost should be about 500 baht for a bike and under 2000 for an old car like this. Especially that the car insurance is apparently still good for another 6 months. I simply want to know what premium I am paying for their service. Does anyone know the actual cost to register / transfer a bike or old car like mine? I don't mind paying a premium for someone to do this for me but not too much if you know what I mean... Thanks!

Bikes about 600 Baht for a 400 cc, never had a small bike, don't know the price. Old car like Toyota Corona is correct, about 1800 Baht, if you do it by your self. A agent would maybe charge you another 500 to 1'000 Baht. If the roadtax have to be renewed, than it's cost about a 1500 Baht (for a 2 liter Corona) more and 700 Baht for compolstery insurance. it doesn't matter if you have thirt partie already. You must have compolstery inurance (call poraboh) So this could be arround 4'k, if it's so

The cost of registration depends on the sales price of the car/motorbike. A friend of mine gave a Civic to his BF for free, but at the Land Transportation Office (Phuket) the officer checked a list of sales values and the car was listed with a resale value of about 400.000 Baht, so the actual transfer fee was 4.000 Baht. Looks d@mn like 1% of sales value and there is nothing like a free lunch (car)...

What is Tabian house?

So it looks like my friendly school maintenance guy is not doing me any favors. My car is only worth about 90k and the insurance is paid up. It should be under 2,000 baht and I would be happy to pay him a bit but not if he is trying to screw me. Thanks for your responses.

• 2 months later...