Women And Tatts

Xangsamhua

Women and Tattoos  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is a response to another thread in which the OP complained about his GF's tatts and elicited over a hundred responses in a few hours.

Being a Thailand forum, and as the subject of the OP's angst is Thai, I suppose Thai women are the focus of the poll, but it needn't be the case.

Personally I have mixed feelings. I don't object to tasteful and well-placed tatts on women (all subjective, of course), but I don't think my adult daughters would have one.

not much different from plastic surgeries (in thailand popular is more pronounced nose - operation starts from some 5k baht), a permanent make-up or even bleaching/whitening the skin.

If the person, man or woman, is an adult, than can do anything they wish. The purpose of a tatoo is to beautify the body, but for everybody it means something else.

for me appeals a natural beauty and I discourage my wife from cosmetics and from all sorts of plastic operations (so far she mentioned several ones - every year something new).

Edited by londonthai

Don't like them. Think it is reflective of ones thought process. People with more imagination can find other ways to beautify. just my humble oppinion.

in short:

Innovate, don't immitate!

Where the poll cannot differentiate between a small tattoo - say an 8 cm rose on the shoulder or ankle area - and a full blown whole arm and shoulder design - then the poll will of course lean towards no tattoos as there is no middle ground

While the person wearing the tattoo is comfortable with the impression it does or does not create......then it is clearly an individual expression and personal decision........unless the thought is you must conform to the attitudes of other members of society.......be they outdated, or simply biased because of chosen non participitation.

Where the poll cannot differentiate between a small tattoo - say an 8 cm rose on the shoulder or ankle area - and a full blown whole arm and shoulder design - then the poll will of course lean towards no tattoos as there is no middle ground

While the person wearing the tattoo is comfortable with the impression it does or does not create......then it is clearly an individual expression and personal decision........unless the thought is you must conform to the attitudes of other members of society.......be they outdated, or simply biased because of chosen non participitation.

Right, the poll is interesting, but the size of the tattoo is too important not to be considered.

I don't mind Tatoos, but I do believe that women will regret having one as they age. There wasn't a category for a simple, small tatoo as compared to a large tatoo. There is a huge difference in meaning between both. I can admire the artistry of tatoos, but I wouldn't want one and don't like the large ones on women. I DO think they make a woman look cheap. The also make men look like the "biker crowd". If you can live with that for the rest of you life then fine. And, in the rigid, biggoted society of Thailand it might not be a good idea for a young woman to have one if she EVER wants to break out of the steriotype society that tatoos infer.

It's all about personal expression, in my opinion.

Personally, I don't like the small roses or what ever, on the back of the shoulder, all depends on the quality of the work too. My g/f has always been a bit of a rebel, tomboy when she was young and left home asap, much of her early life mirrors my own. She's got a tat which I like, she's had it for about 12 years. She's like me, don't give a <deleted> if people like it or not. With regard to how Thai hi-so might view her because of it she said 'when they see my face and hear my voice they already don't like' tattoo or no tattoo she's lo-so and so am I :)

post-86914-1272220029_thumb.jpg

my issue with tats is they are a fashion, and histroy has proven that one day fashion is in and the next it is out, hence when a person gets a tat it is a statement for life. i was advised by a marine that if i ever decided to get a tat to get it high on the arm so that i could wear short sleve shirts without it being seen???? so what is the point of getting one if it needs to be hidden or is so widley accepted? i have known several women who regrett getting tats that can be easly seen. then again i have also known older women who get them as some sort for freedom statement. i am thnakful my wife does not have one but if she chose to so be it.

I like au natural, whether it is natural breasts or natural skin, without the ink blots. Tatoos were for pirates, and unless the girl is looking for "booty", no tats needed.. ( tongue in cheek, no offence intended for those farang with gf's/wives embellished with tats..)

tit for tat, or is it tats for tits??

good lord have we started this topic again

As said in another thread a couple of weeks back. What's the difference between people with tattoos & people without?

People with tattoos don't judge you if you don't have one. :)

As for some of the comments about tattoos & women who get them, ummm why is it any of your business if they do or don't. If you don't like them, then avoid women with them. simples really & without all the smug judgment & ignorant claims about women who have them.