Photo Bug Has Moved

Greenside

Photo Bug, who until a few weeks ago had a shop just a step or two from Mike's Burgers near Thapae Gate has expanded and moved to very smart new premises on Chiang Puerke Road, about 50m on the left as you head from the moat towards the Superhighway. People often ask us at the Chiang Mai Photographic Group where to buy cameras and they're our usual recommendation as the staff are knowledgeable and helpful with competitive prices as well. Of particular interest is their new Canon Photo Book Making machine, a vast and pricey bit of kit that turns out high quality photo books to rival those you can buy online. Up until this week they only had software in Thai but I'm told the English version is to be available any day.

Now for those pictures....

846956741_UUnek-XL.jpg

846958306_M8AyH-XL.jpg

846958629_Jaa9M-L.jpg

Rumour has it that there were some cameras there too. Oh yes, here's one....

846958118_vz28i-L.jpg

A couple more snaps here.

Yeah, Greenside, you made me chuckle (chortle as per Dickens anyone ?) with your English/ Thai typing impediment (liberal use of 'r' everywhere). Chang Puak is at the North Gate of the city. So you must mean head out from the moat, towards Mae Rim, but apparently only go 50-some meters in that direction. Thanks for the heads-up. Parking at the old one certainly was a fun sport: round the corner, try to merge hard left immediately straight through oncoming traffic Thai-style, then park in same one fell swoop motion. Harrowing!

And yeah, great pix of the new merchandise ! Why didn't you tip us off they were having a ceremony so we could all show up ?!

• 1 month later...
The new shop is on Chotana rd, not Chang Puek rd.. :)

I'm not sure why you think that. Their website and Google Maps say otherwise.

PHOTO BUG สาขาท่าแพ

49/13 ถ.ช้างเผือก ต.ศรีภูมิ อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50200

tel.053-287-148, 053-287-149

Whatever. For those who may want to find it, go to Chang Phuak Gate and head out of town on the road towards Mae Rim. You'll see it on the left after about 50m.

PS: RTD - That's Google's transliteration not mine, so no chortling this time!

post-40471-1275196584_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greenside

The new shop is on Chotana rd, not Chang Puek rd.. :)

I'm not sure why you think that. Their website and Google Maps say otherwise.

PHOTO BUG สาขาท่าแพ

49/13 ถ.ช้างเผือก ต.ศรีภูมิ อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50200

tel.053-287-148, 053-287-149

Whatever. For those who may want to find it, go to Chang Phuak Gate and head out of town on the road towards Mae Rim. You'll see it on the left after about 50m.

PS: RTD - That's Google's transliteration not mine, so no chortling this time!

The street has been called Chotana Road (all the way to Mae Rim I think) longer than my 26 years here :D

Edited by LJW

The street has been called Chotana Road (all the way to Mae Rim I think) longer than my 26 years here :D

I guess that's the mark of a true long term expat. Not only do they rebuild the city around you, they re-name the places you already knew! Every day a new adventure in navigation :)

PS Actually, I see Google labels it as Chotana Road beyond the Superhighway.

Edited by Greenside

I guess that's the mark of a true long term expat. Not only do they rebuild the city around you, they re-name the places you already knew! Every day a new adventure in navigation :)

I also remember it being called Chotana at that location. Used to be a nightclub just a few meters up from the intersection that I used to go to called "Chotana Cabana" :D