Old English Coins

eljeque

My maid just showed up with 20 of these English pennies all between 1900 and 1920

Her friend's husband died, and her friend gave them to her.

As there is not much of a market for these coins in Pattaya, or Thailand for that matter, I thought I would give them to an English friend and have him take them back to England and sell them for her.

What is the best way to clean them and where would I find the cleaning solution?

I have looked for prices / values on eBay, and they are not worth a lot, but it is a free bonus to my maid, so I want to do my best for her.

Thanks for the assistance

post-12903-1272256867_thumb.jpg

Your right there not worth much, A few pence at the most. Depend's on the quality. Dont, Dont, clean them as they will be worthless. I must have dozen's in the UK. Not even bothered to sell as cost more in fuel than Id get. Have a friend in Uk who's a numismatist. (coin dealer) and he dosent even want them for free. Best of luck,

Do not clean them...

If any are valuable you will devalue them by cleaning, probable they are not worth much probably best bet is to see if there is a local jewellery maker who could do something with them.

I have loads of pre Euro European coins that I have stashed away that I hope one day to get made into jewellery, Thailand's tourist areas are probably a good place to market them.