Khon Kaen Hotel Tips

CelticBhoy

rachawadeehotel is a very good choice,new, clean,and close to the airport,Easy to go around,they are unbelieveble cheap and prices are including breakfast.

This resort hotel has a nice pool aswel,the employers are very friendly and helpfull and they speak english.

You won't regret it I am sure about that.

Check this out and look for webpromotion http://www.rachawadeehotel.com

Have a nice stay in isaan

IP

Thanks for the hotel tips lads, but I've booked the Piman Garden.

Now find me a decent boozer for the night. It'll be Saturday so

I expect there will be one or two of you who know a good place.

Will have the wife and wean with me so a pub to suit would be

sound. Cheers.

Thumbs up to this resort,very nice and relaxing...stayed there a few times now...as there are only 3 flights a day the noise is not an issue and surprisingly only heard the sound of an aircraft once,shuttle bus into town...2 very good restaurants on your doorstep one farang one thai...if you want to be in town though go with the piman gardens.

Thanks for the hotel tips lads, but I've booked the Piman Garden.

Now find me a decent boozer for the night. It'll be Saturday so

I expect there will be one or two of you who know a good place.

Will have the wife and wean with me so a pub to suit would be

sound. Cheers.

:D thats the problem there are non! :)

Your best bet would be to try the german beerhouse in the sofitel there are a coule of farang bars there also but i have not visited them for a longtime due to them not being that good on my last visit,leos bar and rockys are two,some of the more knowledable members that use these places will have better info.

have a great time in KK

Edited by NADTATIDA1

You're welcome to visit us for a pint at Seven's Corner Bar. We have English cider on tap, draught Kronenbourg and draught Heineken, as well as western food. We provide free internet, pool and darts. You can Google us to see our web page and map. Hope to see you there - Gigi and the staff.

Consider the Rachawadee resort. A little different but very pleasant. You can use the 'Search' facility on this forum

I've checked out their home page.

Looks like a very good deal on what they have to offer;

just wonder how far it is from the city center.

Edited by cyberia

Consider the Rachawadee resort. A little different but very pleasant. You can use the 'Search' facility on this forum

no more than 5 minutes if you're driving

You'd do well to get to the centre of KK from Rachawadee resort in 5 minutes unless you're thinking of going at 4 in the morning in a fast car. You'll be 5 minutes at Mitaprab Road lights.

You'd do well to get to the centre of KK from Rachawadee resort in 5 minutes unless you're thinking of going at 4 in the morning in a fast car. You'll be 5 minutes at Mitaprab Road lights.

I must have gotten lucky. it could have been 10 minutes before I reached my destination, but had no trouble reaching the Route 2/Route 12 intersection on any of my trips into town. It's only a few kilometers, inside the ring road

There's a few small bars around the area... I think you head south a couple blocks and then over a couple blocks to the west. I just can't remember the exact address but I remember being at a few when I stayed at this hotel. The hotel is good but their rates have doubled since I stayed there a couple years ago. Interesting.

Just did the trip today at 5:15pm. A huge rush of traffic was coming out of the airport (closing time?) past the Rachawadee as we left the parking lot. We got caught up in this on the way into town. Took 7 minutes to get to Route 2. About 5 minutes later we were at Central Plaza. If City Center is where the Gov't buildings and the big lake are, I imagine that's another 5 to 10 minutes away without traffic and depending how you hit the lights. Though my experience is limited to 3 trips so far, this seems to be a pretty easy town to get around in.

Edited by FarAwayBen

Live in Khon Kaen and the town centre to the Rachawadee is 6 km and about 7 traffic lights. Take you 20 mins in normal traffic

Rachawadee resort is the best choice for anyone who does not mind being out of town a little and has a car. Nice rooms, swimming pool and restaurant.

stayed there once and agree, nice friendly staff, also ate there several times, I usually arrive in KK on the last flight from BK and I always stop off at the Rachawadee for dinner before my drive home back to Phon, good food at a reasonable price

Brian

Rachawadee resort is the best choice for anyone who does not mind being out of town a little and has a car. Nice rooms, swimming pool and restaurant.

stayed there once and agree, nice friendly staff, also ate there several times, I usually arrive in KK on the last flight from BK and I always stop off at the Rachawadee for dinner before my drive home back to Phon, good food at a reasonable price

Brian

They do a very good stay and drive deal. Car and accomodation for 1500 baht a day as I recollect.

"Fancy a look at Thanon Khao Niew..."

I'm curious. What's that about?

Other than when it's closed off for Songkran, there isn't anything unusual or different to see unless you're looking at wedding dresses.

I just found that out, didn't I.

Thought it might have been

along the lines of Khao San.

Anyway, Piman Gardens was

fine as was Seven's Bar.

Good cider!

"Fancy a look at Thanon Khao Niew..."

I'm curious. What's that about?

Other than when it's closed off for Songkran, there isn't anything unusual or different to see unless you're looking at wedding dresses.

I just found that out, didn't I.

Thought it might have been

along the lines of Khao San.

Anyway, Piman Gardens was

fine as was Seven's Bar.

Good cider!

Did you manage to venture to Central Plaza on the Saturday night?

A fantastic evening there with Khon Kaen bikers labour day party and a great band to boot!!

For a day or some days I would only check in, at the PULLMANN Hotel, former SOFITEL in Khon Kaen and nothing less.

I opened a threat about that Hotel and since the name change and with the new and same time old Hotelmanager (from 10 years ago) it even is a better place to stay!