Visa In India

You can get from Dehli with marriage certificate, plus letter from bank showing you have sufficient funds in bank.

I don't know what the amount was, but the application was to take a week.

I was going through the Thai consulate in Mumbai, who in turn send the applications to Dehli.

In the end, it worked out easier for me to go back to UK, as i had a break in work.

If you're just visiting friends why would you need a "non O visa" ...? So of course not

Based on whatever your requirement is...A retirement visa, a student visa , a research visa etc... whatever you chose must falls under one of the categories outlined for " Non O Visas ".... (Look at the categories outlined for Non O Visas) If someone is wanting a Non O it is most likely because they plan on living here or long term stays

They will issue you a 3 month visa and you then have to convert it yourself once you are here to whichever category you have chosen..E.G. retirement, student ....etc....

Based on what? Based on visiting friends not very likely.

The non-O visa is given for several reasons. In some (western) countries you can also get it for reason of visiting friends. Many people are staying in Thailand on a multiple non-O visa based on visiting friends, because they don't have another reason to stay long-term in Thailand.

You do not convert a non-immigrant visa to another category. You change your reason for stay.

If you're just visiting friends why would you need a "non O visa" ...? So of course not

Based on whatever your requirement is...A retirement visa, a student visa , a research visa etc... whatever you chose must falls under one of the categories outlined for " Non O Visas ".... (Look at the categories outlined for Non O Visas) If someone is wanting a Non O it is most likely because they plan on living here or long term stays

They will issue you a 3 month visa and you then have to convert it yourself once you are here to whichever category you have chosen..E.G. retirement, student ....etc....

Based on what? Based on visiting friends not very likely.

Hi thanks for info I want to apply for retirement visa I have the paper work to show my pension covers the 800,000Bt and letter from uk consul but I only have tourist visa that is why i need O visa

If you have 21 days or more remaining on your permitted to stay it can be done by major immigration offices for 2,000 baht.

I can convert my tourist visa to non imm O visa

I can do this at Imm or somewhere else then apply for retirement visa ?

Thank you for the info

You change visa/obtain visa using TM86 or TM87 form and proof of meeting retirement conditions at Immigration for 2,000 baht fee. Money would not have to be in account a set time for this.

You then extend stay for one year using TM07 form and proof of meeting full retirement conditions for 1,900 baht fee.

Bangkok will do and some others - if your local office can not do step one they send you to Bangkok.

Some are able to do both steps at same time but others will be asked to return after 60 days to do step two. I expect it may depend if you meet the full requirements (bank deposit time) but reports are not clear on the reasons.

You change visa/obtain visa using TM86 or TM87 form and proof of meeting retirement conditions at Immigration for 2,000 baht fee. Money would not have to be in account a set time for this.

You then extend stay for one year using TM07 form and proof of meeting full retirement conditions for 1,900 baht fee.

Bangkok will do and some others - if your local office can not do step one they send you to Bangkok.

Some are able to do both steps at same time but others will be asked to return after 60 days to do step two. I expect it may depend if you meet the full requirements (bank deposit time) but reports are not clear on the reasons.

Just to say I went to imm today and changed my tourist for non O visa and every think ran very smooth and the staff were more than help full

I would like to thank you for your advise it was more than help full thanks :)