Sending Money From Uk To Thailand To Buy Car

dmax

just seen a nice pickup which the wife wants on the internet,mitsu 2008. we have been looking a car like this for some time now to do us when we stay in los, we are in uk at present, i really think its a good deal, thing is how do i send money over or do the deal , could the seller in thailand arrange with the bank to let it go through finance and my wife could pay deposit up front of 200,000 and then a monthly payment ?the asking price is 385,000 baht , can we work it this way. maybe send the money straight to wifes family then they can do the deal but im worried incase they dont know how to check through finance companies etc ? maybe a bit hasty about this but as i say its a good car and we have come into a few pounds recently so we want it. thanks

doubt if you could get a finance deal without actually being there, how would you or your wife sign the papers? I'm sure, if it's a dealership, you could arrange for a bank transfer if you bought it outright, but, again, there'll be paperwork to sign won't there? Sounds like you'll have to get someone in the family to buy it, with your money, then sign it over to your wife when you next go there.

There are a lot of good deals at the moment and they couldn't give the new Mitsibushi away so i'm sure it's a great deal.

Why don't you transfer the money so you don't spend it and wait till you get here.

It's never a good idea to buy a car without looking at/driving it.