90 Day Reporting After Moving ..?

I am Moving to the Khorat area soon, and normally do my 90 day Immigratiom reporting in Pattaya, my next report date is the 22 of June, and will be doing it in Pattaya, but I will be then changing address on the 1st of July , can I wait until my next 90 day reporting date, and then send a TM47 form etc to Bangkok Immigration by post, and put on the TM form my new Khroat address, or do I have to send a TM form to Bangkok Immigration as soon as I arrive at my new address..? showing them Ive moved , would this mean that some one would come from Immigration in Bangkok and check me out ( & Thai wife ) at our new address..?

Thanks .......

Thanks Guy's for the info, what If when I report on the 22 of June in Pattaya I put my new address on the TM form....? and tell them I am moving to this address in 8 day's time, as there's no Immigration office in Khorat its going to be a problem letting Immigration know within 24 hours..? after arriving at my new address...?

Thanks .....

Thanks Guy's for the info, what If when I report on the 22 of June in Pattaya I put my new address on the TM form....? and tell them I am moving to this address in 8 day's time, as there's no Immigration  office in Khorat its going to be a problem letting Immigration know within 24 hours..? after arriving at my new address...?

Thanks .....

I would strongly suggest you ask immigration rather than telling them. :o

Thanks, lopbury, ( I would strongly suggest you ask immigration rather than telling them) Yes you are right, in the past Ive found that asking them about your problem, can be the best way, but some times you get conflicting answers, I think they may just tell me as soon as I arrive at my new address,Then take a trip to Bangkok Immigration and inform them personaly..? ( as Far as I can see there's no Immigration Office in Khorat..? ) I do have a new rental contract for the new place, and my paper works all in order, I just want to keep within the rules !!.

but with the least hassel .

Thanks .....

Thanks, lopbury, ( I would strongly suggest you ask immigration rather than telling them) Yes you are right, in the past Ive found that asking  them about your problem, can be the best way, but some times you get conflicting answers, I think they may just tell me as soon as I arrive at my new address,Then  take a trip to Bangkok Immigration and inform them personaly..? ( as Far as I can see there's no Immigration Office in Khorat..? ) I do have a new rental contract for the new place, and my paper works all in order, I just want to keep within the rules !!.

but with the least hassel .

Thanks .....

What should happen is the property owner will report you living there within 24 hours at the local police station. But I suspect he will not bother. You could try to do yourself, and if inside the city they probably know the procedure and have the forms but if outside they may just say forget it. I would download a TM47 or pick up extra copy at immigration and send it into Bangkok using the registered mail procedure to cover yourself and include a note the you have just moved from xxx address in Pattaya.

Thanks again lopburi, so it should go like this..? I do my 90 Day reporting on Pattaya on the 22nd of June, still showing my current Pattaya address, Than when I arrive at my new address 8 day's later, send a Tm form to Bangkok Immigration reporting my move after my last report 8 days ago in Pattaya, and give them my new address..? how's that sound..? so it means ive reported my new address with in 24 hours as they will see the post ems date on the envlope..?

Thanks again......

ps.. my new address will be in Soeng Sang I think its about 4 hours away from Khroat.

Thanks again lopburi, so it should go like this..?  I do my 90 Day reporting on Pattaya on the 22nd of June, still showing my current  Pattaya address, Than when I  arrive at my new address 8 day's later, send a Tm form to Bangkok Immigration reporting my move after my last report 8 days ago in Pattaya, and give them my new address..?  how's that sound..?  so it means ive reported my new address with in 24 hours as they will see the post ems date on the envlope..?

Thanks again......

ps.. my new address will be in Soeng Sang  I think its  about 4 hours away from Khroat.

On my map it is 100km SE of Khorat so don't believe it will take 4 hours to get to the city.

HI lopburi, yes you right again, spoke to her in doors and its about a 1-1/2 hrs to get to Khroat from Soeng Sang , do you think once ive sent off my TM form to Bangkok Immigration on arrival at my new address , I could expect some one from Immigration to come and check us out, I thought about including a photo copy of our new rental agreement and a letter explaining the quick move ...? and put it in with the TM form...?

Thanks again....

HI lopburi, yes you right again, spoke to her in doors and its about a 1-1/2 hrs  to get to Khroat from Soeng Sang , do you think once ive sent off my TM form  to Bangkok Immigration on arrival at my new address , I could expect some one from Immigration to come and check us out, I thought about including a photo copy of our new rental agreement and a letter explaining the quick move ...? and put it in with the TM form...?

Thanks again....

It would be regular police and I expect they will wait until next time you extend. I would not worry about it too much. Believe if you send in the TM.47 and get the receipt back everything should be smooth. We foreigners tend to move around a bit so I suspect they are used to it.

On second thought might was well include a copy of rental agreement as it will not hurt and believe they now do want some proof of residence (when they started this 90 day reporting no paperwork was required except TM.47).

Edited by lopburi3

I think the law states that you must report within 24 hours

Good observation. I have a retirement visa. I recently changed my residence just before returning to the US for about a month. Due to time constraints, and not being aware of the 24 hour requirement, I failed to report the address change to Immigration until a few more weeks after I returned to Thailand.

I initially filled in my original address change on the TM47 form, and was informed of the 24 hour reporting requirement. I explained my circumstances, and the Immigration official kindly let me revise the address change to the day before.

Next time I will promptly report to Immigration when changing addresses.

Kin ######,

I have changed my registered address many times.

I always do it by post as it is so much easier.

By the way I have never had a visit to check the address.

I think you are worrying to much.

What if I go on a touring holiday for a week , do I have to report everyday ? Technically, if you are in another Chumwat, I think you do, but no-one does.

The law is a bit impractical.

Kin ######,

I have changed my registered address many times.

I always do it by post as it is so much easier.

By the way I have never had a visit to check the address.

I think you are worrying to much.

What if I go on a touring holiday for a week , do I have to report everyday ?  Technically, if you are in another Chumwat, I think you do, but no-one does.

The law is a bit impractical.

Actually the landlord has to register you as is done in hotels (well not all do it but they are supposed to). Do not believe it has gotten to the point where immigration wants you to file directly with them for every vacation trip. And I sure hope it never gets to that point.

Thanks Guy's for the advice,

* As this would be the first time Ive sent my TM47 90 day report form to Bangkok Immigration office ---- just a few question would I have to send a photo copy of all my pages of my pass port ...? or just some of them ...? and is this list of things to send correct...?

......... Form TM47

photo copy of all passport pages ...?

photo copy of avrrival card , front and back

last 90 day recepit ( or would a photo copy do )....?

a stamped self addressed envlope for the return of new 90 day receipt

photo copy of new rental agreement

Send all papers EMS recorded delivery to Bangkok Immigration ...?

and the address to send the paper work to .....

Send the mail to

Sub-section 1, Command 4, Administrative Command, Immigration Bureau (90 days)

507 Soi Suanphlu, South Sathorn Rd.

Thungmahamek, Sathorn

Bangkok 10120

or

90 DAYS REGISTRATION

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

is all the above correct or have I left some thing out...?

Thanks again.........

I am on a retirement visa one year extension and I live in NongKhai. I changed address and went to the NongKhai office to report the change. They would not take it, they said that on the retirement visa, I should wait until my next 90 day report is due and then just submit the current address.

When my 90 days were up, I reported, got ok'd and was out within 30 minutes.

As usual, what happens at Imm. to the person ahead of you is not necessary what will happen to you.

Perhaps, on the day you move, or close to it, you might travel via Bangkok and report the move as you are making it, or report to Pattaya on the day you move as you leave.

Good luck.

Edited by chatchy

Thanks .. chatchy for the comments, May be when I reoprt on the 22nd of this month at Pattaya, I will ask there advice about moving address just 8 Day's after my last reporting, but as we all know when you get involved with the Immigration , always expect the un expected !!!

can any one confirm my list is OK to send to bangkok Immigration ( just in case ) and the thing about which pages of my pass port I have to copy ..?

Thanks again Guy's ...

Thanks .. chatchy for the comments, May be when I reoprt on the 22nd of this month at Pattaya, I will ask there advice about moving address just 8 Day's after my last reporting, but as we all know when you get involved with the Immigration , always expect the un expected !!!

can any one confirm my list is OK to send to bangkok Immigration ( just in case ) and the thing about which pages of my pass port I have to copy ..?

Thanks again Guy's ...

Your list appears current accounting to immigration web site. You do need to send old tm47 receipt and you do not have to use EMS - registered mail will also provide you a receipt.

Thanks.... lopburi for the info, so the list should look like this .....

Form TM47

photo copy of all passport pages, all signed by me

photo copy of avrrival card , front and back

last 90 day recepit (original )

a stamped self addressed envlope for the return of new 90 day receipt

photo copy of new rental agreement

Send all papers recorded delivery to Bangkok Immigration ...?

and the address to send the paper work to .....

Send the mail to

Sub-section 1, Command 4, Administrative Command, Immigration Bureau (90 days)

507 Soi Suanphlu, South Sathorn Rd.

Thungmahamek, Sathorn

Bangkok 10120

or

90 DAYS REGISTRATION

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

Many Thanks again, ........