How To Watch Uk Election Night?

schmutzie

I don't have a cable/sat subscription in Thailand but I suspect none of the channels on there would cover the UK Election night anyway.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to follow how it goes down on the night (C4, ITV, BBC1 or BBC2?) either via internet (reading that justin.tv is blocked by ICT at the moment) or in a pub or restaurant somewhere?

I have found that the BBC world is the last place to let you know what is going on back home. Utter crap for news from home. If I need to find out results of elections or important news then Al Jazeera tends to be the one to tell you it first. back in the UK I was led to believe that it was just a propaganda station for terrorists yet when you actually watch it you see all the old UK news presenters and even David Frost is there. Just find somewhere that shows it and you can't go wrong :)

I don't know about BBC World, but I'll take your word for it that they co-transmitted the last election.

I was expecting that they'd switch away to news updates every 30 minutes or so.

I was looking for the whole studio experience, with embarrassing virtual 3d studio statistics and what not.

It's never quite the same as watching the US presidential elections but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I just like to watch these kind of events live.

On a general note I can agree about Al-Jazeera, although I've never found myself to be brainwashed to believe

they're a terrorist propaganda station..?!? Where did that come from...

I just don't think they're going to have dedicated live coverage of the election.

Try this link...

BBC radio

You may need to download the BBC iplayer.

You can then listen to any of the national or local radio stations 'live'. I'm sure one of them (probably Radio 4 or 5 Live) will be covering the election.

Personally, I'll be too busy watching some paint dry. :)

Edit: Just read your latest post about wanting the "swing-o-meter" experience.

I don't think you can watch the BBC Tv programmes online here in Thailand (due to BBC regulations) though I'm sure there is a way to fool the BBC into thinking you are watching from within EC limits, if your line speed is capable.

Edited by chickenslegs

I don't know about BBC World, but I'll take your word for it that they co-transmitted the last election.

I was expecting that they'd switch away to news updates every 30 minutes or so.

I was looking for the whole studio experience, with embarrassing virtual 3d studio statistics and what not.

It's never quite the same as watching the US presidential elections but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I just like to watch these kind of events live.

On a general note I can agree about Al-Jazeera, although I've never found myself to be brainwashed to believe

they're a terrorist propaganda station..?!? Where did that come from...

I just don't think they're going to have dedicated live coverage of the election.

I think it did pretty much hold it's cards on it's sleeve a few years back, and they were certainly that way orientated. But at some point in the past few years the station completely changed and it is now more or less a respectable news coverage station.

• 2 weeks later...