Have Big Problem With Dad/husband

lukejackson

Why did you choose to live in this city. What part of Thailand? How big is the city? How long do you intend to stay there? You should know by now, don't believe ANYTHING these women tell you, unless you have the means to verify it. Most of them are just pathological liars. Don't have sex or even visit their residence, unless you know what is up.

LOL i dont mean to sound all high and mighty (i know someones gonna have a dig anyway) but ive met a lot of Thai girls but none of them have been pathological liars...

Can i take a stab in the dark and guess that you arent meeting your girls at a university singles night? :)

Most of the ones I have met in the past 5 years are essentially incapable of telling the truth. Often it may not be direct lies, but half-truths or just not revealing important, relevant facts about their life, that might affect a relationship. It's the "Thai way". I don't select my partners from bars & parlors. Univ students where I live pretty much stick to their own kind. I don't see a lot of them mingling with foreign men, unless they might be fellow students.

Let me make it clear, there is NO WAY I want to carry on any relationship. That would be suicide. All the lies and death threats are enough to tip the balance even for the most infatuated man.. I was somewhat impartial in the first place :)

I have evacuated hotel already, and have a new sim. I'm not sure that would be enough though, I think this man may have been a police officer in the past, and now he is a rich business man. How does that change things?

Also I when my thai friend spoke to him, he apparently was putting the blame squarely on me. I mean, it doesn't take much brain to realise that I was simply acting out a preprogrammed male procedure: If a girl lays herself out on a plate for you, then accept. But on a serious note, it is somewhat disconcerting that, a day later, he still hasn't realised that it's almost entirely her fault. Would you expect him to calm down?

I have a theory: okay this is his second wife, he is the sponsor, he pays everything for her and now she has betrayed him. She is in the sh1t right? But I am guessing he still loves her. (they have been husband&wife/father&daughter for a long time).

my theory is this, if he leaves her she is totally screwed. So it is much better if they can get me to marry her/look after her or whatever, so this woman she loves isn't totally screwed. Makes sense?

Kap

dont think too highly of yourself sir.

ez to do since you young and hansum! and take no responsiblity at all..............you doing just programmed male procedure :D:D:D

koop!

LOL i dont mean to sound all high and mighty (i know someones gonna have a dig anyway) but ive met a lot of Thai girls but none of them have been pathological liars...

Try getting to know them a little better. The Thai version of buddhism and face does not encourage truthfulness.

Although many simply do not reveal anything about their past (So I guess that makes them truthful, sortof)

Edited by sarahsbloke

Dude, you're 22 just move on the another city and have fun. I arrived here at 25 and ran into "situations", won't go into details here but I had to flee once from a town in Thailand for something very similar.

Now 14 years down the road still in Thailand and settled down.

Friends, you can make new ones and old friends can come and visit you.

All depends on how serious you think the "situation" is.

Have fun you young stud but be careful :)

Why did you choose to live in this city. What part of Thailand? How big is the city? How long do you intend to stay there? You should know by now, don't believe ANYTHING these women tell you, unless you have the means to verify it. Most of them are just pathological liars. Don't have sex or even visit their residence, unless you know what is up.

Can i take a stab in the dark and guess that you arent meeting your girls at a university singles night? :D

Most of the ones I have met in the past 5 years are essentially incapable of telling the truth. Often it may not be direct lies, but half-truths or just not revealing important, relevant facts about their life, that might affect a relationship. It's the "Thai way". I don't select my partners from bars & parlors. Univ students where I live pretty much stick to their own kind. I don't see a lot of them mingling with foreign men, unless they might be fellow students.

I am happy to deal with a person that is not totally open about personal facts that arent relevant... I think thats human nature to hide what we arent proud of... But yes i agree that any lie that affects a relationship in a bad way (as the extreem example here is used) is not acceptable.

I have previously been married to a Thai and have a large network of thai friends to compare... Ive never heard of first hand experience where this has happened thats all... Ive only ever heard of it happening on this forum :) , hence me being a skeptic...

Call me ignorant or lucky... take your pick :D

Try getting to know them a little better. The Thai version of buddhism and face does not encourage truthfulness.

Although many simply do not reveal anything about their past (So I guess that makes them truthful, sortof)

I see what you're saying but this is far beyond a white lie...

Everyone lies... But i think saying Thai women are 'pathological liars' is a bit extreem...

Unfortunantly I think a lot of posters will disagree due to the large interest in the bar girl scene on this forum... And to that, I think its not fair to compare a bar girl to a normal Thai girl...

Ide like to hear of some of your personal experiences if your willing to share @ sarahsbloke

Give me the website and her handle. I have persuasive skill to get the truth out of her.

My dad always told me never to sleep at a lady's house except if I helped her move in. You never know who or what might show up.