Wednesday, Clashes At Don Muang, Sala Daeng

lazurus

Just (5.00 pm) walked along Rama IV opposite the Red camp and round the corner down Silom road. Everything looks apparently quiet although some troop movements. Had the bizarre sight of about 40 soldiers on motorbikes (Honda Dreams etc) forming up along Pat Pong 2 and then riding off in formation up Convent Road.

live reports is worth checking as well

Police start closing traffic around Rajprasong

The Centre for Resolution of Emergency Situation has instructed the Metropolitan Police to close traffic around the Rajprasong from Wednesday evening in what believed to be preparations for crackdowns.

A source from the Metropolitan Police said the order for closing the traffic was given at 4:15 pm.

Police have closing the traffic at the Asoke-Montree Sukhumvit Road.

Police will also close traffic at the Phayathai, Saladaeng, Pongphraram, Narathiwat and Henri Dunant intersections

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-28

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Just (5.00 pm) walked along Rama IV opposite the Red camp and round the corner down Silom road. Everything looks apparently quiet although some troop movements. Had the bizarre sight of about 40 soldiers on motorbikes (Honda Dreams etc) forming up along Pat Pong 2 and then riding off in formation up Convent Road.

I saw that on Thai TV. Pretty "amazing Thailand"!

I would suggest building a group of twitter accounts to follow. You can start with tulsathit from the Nation, (he's the editor, and he updates a lot), and follow the links in his tweets to to other twitter accounts. By doing this you will quickly build up a group of journalists and wannabe journalists who either have good news feeds, or are actually there. Many of them also link to twitter photos, and youtube videos, where you'll get to see things as they happen. It isn't as good as a live video feed, but that can be hard to find regularly.

While I keep an eye on the news updates here, I've been more focused on twitter since April 10th for first-hand reporting.

The internet is changing everything...