Annual Visa Renewal -- Trip Report

Wish to report that all went according to posted requirement when I went and applied for my one year extension for supporting a thai wife and family Visa. We had all documents in addition to a letter from our Amphur stating where I live, my income and mentioning a little of all other requirements. Went without a snag with the exception that they wanted to see a Thai Bank Account with money in it although I had a notarized letter from the U.S. Embassy indicating a federal retirtment in excess of the financial requirements for the Visa. After checking and finding that I never submitted proof of an account last year, they relented and accepted everything without problem. (I have an account, but, being married to a Thai wife :o, it has been empty for a long time and proably will remain so)

The fact that a scruffy looking, loud and unkept German entered the premises and insisted on a one year Visa to support a daughter, actually helped me. Seems he could not proove any retirement, however, constantly insisting that he had a lot of money in Germany, but, refused to bring it to Thailand. His drawing attention to himself and me and my family being dressed well and courteous (wai and all) sealed the deal and we were expedited through the adminstrative requirements with astonishing speed and courtesy and then given an appointment to return next month.

That's six years now, with proabably another 25 to go, unless I will have to have a Visa for my urn. :D

Congrats Mouse,

I'll be going soon to do my first renewal of extension, hopefully about another 45 to go :o

Are subsequent renewals faster than the first one? My first extension last year took over 3 months. Each time i went in to immigration they just gave me a "still under consideration, come back in one month" stamp.

Maybe it was because I'm only mid 40s but retired.

Edited by TizMe

Are subsequent renewals faster than the first one?

I suspect not cause already I got the see you in a month. But last time it was three months in a row, which was my record. Hopefully that will not happen this time. Good luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Road to the right just before you approach the actual crossing. 50 meters and on the left. Nicest guys. Been going there for years and they always treated me nicely. Never experienced any of the horror stories others talk about.

Just a quick note, went to Mae sot for my one year visa on June9 th my 4 year with wife and 7yr child. Same old same old 2 copies of everything bank letter all doc's needed. Paid 1900B for me and 1900B for kid, she got her stamp on the spot as 7yrs old with mom (thai). He took my phone number and said to come back for a extension July 8th . Had immg drop by last night to tell my wife that visa is done and for me to drop down to the office on Monday for my stamp. I work this out as 10 to 11 working days, last year 2 extensions got it on the third month. Immg. officer said visa's have been alot faster this year with the new B400000 rule. Wonders never stop. Went on the 27th got the stamp good for another 1yr