Airport Parking

jacdavb

Ok. I'm having a week in Phuket and need to park my car at the airport. Can't find anything on the net, excpting that it costs 10 baht an hour (for a week that's some 1680 baht a week. Does anyone know how I can book this? I'm going on 3rd June. Any help appreciated. Jacdavb

Think the 10 baht is for the first hour but daily parking is around 50 baht ish...

Correct, it maxes out at 50 baht a day, and five days is usually break even for me for an each way limo at 120 baht in each direction. Enjoy your trip.

I made an enquiry at Chaing Mai airport about wanting to park my car there while visiting Pattaya for a week.

Was told there is no facility for this and the vehicle would be removed by police, concerns about terrorists and security.

That is true that there are no "long term" parking facilities. that's why everybody uses the regular car park. They even take their own car covers to cover them while away. :)

You can get a taxi or baht bus from Mae Jo to the airport for 250-350 baht (using Mae Jo for an example of distance), get their phone number, and have them meet you when you return. Sure, it may cost a little more than parking there, but you know your car is safe at home and you have the convenience of not having to park in the regular lot (where ever that is) and still need to get into the airport.

Think the 10 baht is for the first hour but daily parking is around 50 baht ish...

Correct, it maxes out at 50 baht a day, and five days is usually break even for me for an each way limo at 120 baht in each direction. Enjoy your trip.

HI, It is now 100 Bht per day from this month. I paid this 1 week ago.

Khunphil

Khunphil

Strange. I paid beginning this month 50 baht per day, park for three days, and that price was also standing on the backside of the parking ticket.

Khunphil

Strange. I paid beginning this month 50 baht per day, park for three days, and that price was also standing on the backside of the parking ticket.

Exactly on 20 April afternoon , and the price was clearly shown where you have to pay. I was surprised and the girl told me that this price increase from some days ...

What day did you pay 50 Bt ?

can confirm its 100 baht a day now. no problems whatsoever in the regular carpark. now it seems more worth it to do the airport taxi.

Not surprising really, as it has been 50 baht a day for years. Sadly like all Thai price structures, they suddenly double it. Over three days away, and it's a taxi for me now.

I have to say that doubling the price was the only way to go. The car park is normally heaving.

I leave my car at the airport, then later my father in law comes and drives my car to his house, then a couple of hours before we return to Changers he leaves the car in the car park and takes a songthaew home. He's good like that!

Exactly on 20 April afternoon , and the price was clearly shown where you have to pay. I was surprised and the girl told me that this price increase from some days ...

What day did you pay 50 Bt ?

I came back home on april 9 in the evening.

• 9 months later...

Ok on a serious note, i did park there not too long ago and it was 100 baht. So if this like a day or two then it's still cheaper then going by airport taxi both ways. Though it is of course possible to take a Yellow Hang Dong bus and ask it to go past the airport. This will save some money. On the way back you'd have to wait for a red one, or walk to Airport Plaza intersection, then take a bus from there.

I pray it's still 100 baht a day..

( Not because I care about parking cost, but because I don't want to see 3 pages of bitching if/when it goes to 200. :lol: )

Thanks for the info WTK.

:cheesy:

Ok on a serious note, i did park there not too long ago and it was 100 baht. So if this like a day or two then it's still cheaper then going by airport taxi both ways. Though it is of course possible to take a Yellow Hang Dong bus and ask it to go past the airport. This will save some money. On the way back you'd have to wait for a red one, or walk to Airport Plaza intersection, then take a bus from there.

( Not because I care about parking cost, but because I don't want to see 3 pages of bitching if/when it goes to 200. :lol: )

Thanks for the info WTK.

:cheesy:

I thank I'll drive and park. Its a bit of a trip from Doi Saket.:D

100 Baht a whole day to park a car at an international airport.....wow!

Along with the price of food from markets, another great Chiang Mai bargain! thumbsup.gif

Edited by uptheos