Maxnet/3bb

KhunDave

My Maxnet has been down for about three hours now, no-one answering the support line number. I don't see anything posted in the internet forum, so is this a Chiang Mai problem - or is it just me? Anyone else got problems today?

Here in Hua Hin we got told by 3BB that their leased telephone lines had to be taken down, so our internet will be discontinued until end of May, once they can offer phone lines to their subscribers.

They also told us if we could get line from TOT or CAT then they can provide the internet service before they get their lines again.

I think this covers all their customers but not sure.

Did you try their new support number? 1530

Yes, but just holding, holding, holding. A Thai neighbour tells me that he has been able to get through to them - they say there are two broken cables affecting the whole Province and they are working on it.

Yes, but just holding, holding, holding. A Thai neighbour tells me that he has been able to get through to them - they say there are two broken cables affecting the whole Province and they are working on it.

My 3bb internet works just fine and I'm in CM downtown. So not the whole province :)

My 3bb internet works just fine and I'm in CM downtown. So not the whole province :D

Some dis-information out there then.......I'm still down here, getting on for nine hours now :)

My 3bb internet works just fine and I'm in CM downtown. So not the whole province :)

Same here.

Same here.

Ditto Sansai area close to Carfour.

A couple of weeks ago their 3BB vans were all over our moo ban installing their own cables, independent of TT&T. One day they made an appointment to come into my home to install their own socket. My internet was out for less than an hour while they did this.

Since my ISP Maxnet became 3bb, my Internet connection has been out several times over the months.

When we phone to report a problem, 3bb come up with a multitude of excuses and just don`t want to know.

Now I`ve lost the willpower to complain anymore and accept the service for the crap it is.

Since my ISP Maxnet became 3bb, my Internet connection has been out several times over the months.

When we phone to report a problem, 3bb come up with a multitude of excuses and just don`t want to know.

Now I`ve lost the willpower to complain anymore and accept the service for the crap it is.

i have a different experience to you

since Maxnet changed to 3B my speeds have increased slightly and we have had only 1 outage

speeds are quicker than what im paying for, so not too bad i guess

Edited by Donnyboy

A little over a year ago I switched from Maxnet Indy to the Premier plan. Price went from 590baht to 1090 baht but thought it worthwhile as I was told the Premier plan was better if you want to connect to US sites.

Lately have been getting irregular download speeds with the highest slightly over 2mb and often around 300 mb or so. Last week went to a friend's house who lives in the same complex as me off Hang Dong and he has the 590 baht 3bb plan and he had download speeds over 3000mbs.

Today I ran some download speeds to US before going to his house and I was getting around 400 to 500 mbps depending on east coast or west coast. Same test on his computer and all were around 4000 mbs. So it appears the Premier plan I am on and paying over 1000 baht a month for is a ripoff. Anyone else find this to be the case?

A little over a year ago I switched from Maxnet Indy to the Premier plan. Price went from 590baht to 1090 baht but thought it worthwhile as I was told the Premier plan was better if you want to connect to US sites.

Lately have been getting irregular download speeds with the highest slightly over 2mb and often around 300 mb or so. Last week went to a friend's house who lives in the same complex as me off Hang Dong and he has the 590 baht 3bb plan and he had download speeds over 3000mbs.

Today I ran some download speeds to US before going to his house and I was getting around 400 to 500 mbps depending on east coast or west coast. Same test on his computer and all were around 4000 mbs. So it appears the Premier plan I am on and paying over 1000 baht a month for is a ripoff. Anyone else find this to be the case?

I began with Premier, noticed a slow down, decided I shouldn't pay for speed I wasn't getting and switched to a standard package. Same speed as premier on most days, with one difference: consistency—less consistency on the standard package. Switched back to Premier, happy camper for a while but have noticed a slight slowdown in recent weeks. Still Premier's reliability of service seems to be better than the standard package.

I can't be arsed to keep switching back and forth every couple of months. Still, the new AIS 3G unlimited package looks worth a try, though I'll have to buy a new router. I'm thinking I should retain the 3BB Premier while signing up for the most basic AIS 3G as a backup. Sorry. Just thinking out loud.