Bangkok: Red-Shirts Storm Chulalongkorn Hospital

webfact

No excuse for going into a hospital. Disgusting action and the police allowing them to search again today is also disgusting.

The reds are now verging on facism. They should make an immediate publ;ic apology and promise not to doi such a thing again.

Totally indefensible

Appropriate for law abiding civilized people. But the reds are acting like barbarians. So they should be treated as such. You can't tell a wild boar not to invade a hospital. It just doesn't get it!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the latest on the hospital breach?

Have authorities found any police with a backbone? Maybe those cops who broke through the Red line at Phitsanolok - they could assign those guys the job of guarding the hospital. All around, all windows and doors, ...not just the front door (as happened at the hotel where the fat Red shirt got away). Get those Phitsanolok cops there and tell them: any suspicious/unauthorized people who threaten to enter the hospital will be arrested on the spot (not catch and release. this is not sport fishing). Any people who threaten to use force to enter the hospital will get shot - pow! Maybe the cops will be nice, and just shoot their kneecaps off, but either way, strong medicine is needed to stem the disease known as the Red shirts.

Please, someone stop these idiots....We are far beyond a peaceful protest! TERRORISM is the correct name......

Shoot all their legs (not kill them).

When they admit to hospital for treatment, arrest them there.

Nice! A creative solution with a core of an idea.... what we need to do is think outside the box like this... do something that gets the red shirt leaders out of the crowd.... BUT then again, that red leader who stormed Chula hospital was in arm's length of the police last night and no one arrested him!

You can't have laws without enforcement!

So the hypocrites on the stage disapprove. But they dont denounce and why donbt they hand Payap over to the authorites. All "nothing to do with us, we are peaceful oppressed.... " Cant accept responsibility for their actions ever. Lets just hope this gets the widespread public condemnation it deserves. This is no longer a demonstration. This is no longer peaceful. They are constantly abusing the rights of the people on a daily basis now. And all this because they couldnt wait 9 months for an election. That is what it comes down to.

Of course it is extremely stupid to search a hospital, like the Red did.

But this ongoing crises started when the government let the Yellow people get away with seizing the Government House for 3 months, and later let them seize the airport for 9 days.

The last being a clear terror-act where I come from and in most other countries.

Do you think this could happen in say China, Singapore or Australia?

Tens of thousands of innocent people suffered for days from the totally break down of international air traffic sponsored by the very same people who today complain their business in Bangkok is taking a blow because of the Reds actions.

Then to put "salt in the wound" the government named one of the masterminds behind the airport seizure to be Thailands foreign minister, and insist this was a right decision.

When a country maneuver like this, a dangerous precedence has been established, that you actually can do the things the Yellow did and now the Red does. And that you might even benefit personally from doing it.

The government only have itself to thanks for the mess it all has developed into.

Further the other day when the Red situation was very heated, the court-case against some of the Yellow masterminds behind the airport action, was once more postponed.

What signal does it send to the Red?

Just do it, nothing will happen - The very wrong signal.

Niman!

Have authorities found any police with a backbone? Maybe those cops who broke through the Red line at Phitsanolok - they could assign those guys the job of guarding the hospital. All around, all windows and doors, ...not just the front door (as happened at the hotel where the fat Red shirt got away). Get those Phitsanolok cops there and tell them: any suspicious/unauthorized people who threaten to enter the hospital will be arrested on the spot (not catch and release. this is not sport fishing). Any people who threaten to use force to enter the hospital will get shot - pow! Maybe the cops will be nice, and just shoot their kneecaps off, but either way, strong medicine is needed to stem the disease known as the Red shirts.

The cops are on the side of the reds... the army might be split, so we have to get rid or light weight Anupong and put his second in command in... that guy is trigger happy.

No excuse for going into a hospital. Disgusting action and the police allowing them to search again today is also disgusting.

The reds are now verging on facism. They should make an immediate publ;ic apology and promise not to doi such a thing again.

Totally indefensible

Appropriate for law abiding civilized people. But the reds are acting like barbarians. So they should be treated as such. You can't tell a wild boar not to invade a hospital. It just doesn't get it!

This action has not gone down at all well with the public. I just hope nobody calls for a mob to assemble to clear the reds right now. Anger against these people is growing and Im not even in Bangkok

I want to see one of the red shirt supporters/apologists come onto this thread and denounce the actions of Payap Panket in 'storming' the hospital.

Levelhead - where are you now ?

(I also want to see the so-called red 'leadershirt' publicly denounce the action AND apologise)

Edited by Chaimai

Here is the salt in the wounds....

I make an illegal U-turn and I get stopped and harassed by a cop, who knows that everyone makes U-turns at that place because it is so dam_n hard to turn around on that road....

Some dimwit storms a hospital and the cops let him do it like he was strolling in the park? hahaha!!

We're talking about a hospital. It's a hospital. Since when are hospitals in Thailand a political target? Only since the Redshirts came along and on the scene. If I knew nothing else of Thailand and the conflicts of the past decade, this would be all I'd need to know about present events, circumstances and the 'players', for sure. This would be all I'd need to know of the Redshirts and Thaksin.

(* A post from another tread previous to this thread being opened.)

The police are stepping aside for everyone these days.

Edited by Publicus

Chulalongkorn hospital transfers patients as red shirts vow to return

BANGKOK: -- Chulalongkorn Hospital has transferred its patients to other Bangkok hospitals as red shirts protesters vowed to return to the hospital on Friday to check whether there were soldiers inside the hospital buildings.

More than 200 red shirts protesters stormed into the hospital, which is located next to their rally site, on Thursday night, claiming that there were troops hiding inside.

Although only five red-shirt guards, Payap Panket, a leader, and reporters were allowed to come in, scores of other red-shirt guards poured into the hospital buildings as soon as the door was opened.

They found no soldiers inside and vowed to return to the hospital on Friday morning to re-check.

Therefore, the hospital contacted other hospitals to transfer their patients in case the red shirts return as said.

Other hospitals included Ramadbibodi, Siriraj and Bhumibhol.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I know i've been supporting the reds a lot, because not all reds are violent, but if the non violents allow this to happen and still support it then they are no longer Non violent. I will no longer defend the people who allow this to happen.

Of course it is extremely stupid to search a hospital, like the Red did.

But this ongoing crises started when the government let the Yellow people get away with seizing the Government House for 3 months, and later let them seize the airport for 9 days.

The last being a clear terror-act where I come from and in most other countries.

Do you think this could happen in say China, Singapore or Australia?

Tens of thousands of innocent people suffered for days from the totally break down of international air traffic sponsored by the very same people who today complain their business in Bangkok is taking a blow because of the Reds actions.

Then to put "salt in the wound" the government named one of the masterminds behind the airport seizure to be Thailands foreign minister, and insist this was a right decision.

When a country maneuver like this, a dangerous precedence has been established, that you actually can do the things the Yellow did and now the Red does. And that you might even benefit personally from doing it.

The government only have itself to thanks for the mess it all has developed into.

Further the other day when the Red situation was very heated, the court-case against some of the Yellow masterminds behind the airport action, was once more postponed.

What signal does it send to the Red?

Just do it, nothing will happen - The very wrong signal.

Niman!

No Im afraid. Hospitals even in war situatioins are often left unmolested by sides. Attacking a hospital is a step beyond anything done so far. To date it has been economic interests but now it is a place of harbour and refuge for the people. This is facist action way beyond what is acceptable. Disgusting and totally indefensible and impossible to justify

I know i've been supporting the reds a lot, because not all reds are violent, but if the non violents allow this to happen and still support it then they are no longer Non violent. I will no longer defend the people who allow this to happen.

Just the usual -- Red Shirt leaders saying they didn't order the action and criticising the guy who led the invasion.

Nothing new, then, just more denial of responsibility, hypocrisy, and cowardice shown by these Red goons.

Gee, busting into a hospital and frightening nurses, bet that makes them feel important and proud of themselves.

This abhorrent act has finally removed any remaining symapthy I may have had for the DAAD cause.

Can it finally be understood that calling this band of law breakers protesters is ridiculous. They are clearly revolutionaries; much like terrorists.

Well said.

I make that comment apolitically because any reasonable person - red, or otherwise - will see how dispicable this action was.

Red Leaders Disapprove of Payap's Raid of Chulalongkorn Hospital

Core red-shirt leaders have expressed their disapproval for Payap Panket's move to raid Chulalongkorn Hospital last night.

Payap had accused the hospital of sheltering soldiers.

He led a group of red-shirt guards in a search for soldiers alledgedly hiding inside the hospital.

Chaos broke out as medical personnel panicked and patients were forced to be evacuated.

-- Tan Network 2010-04-30

''Red Leaders Disapprove of Payap's Raid of Chulalongkorn Hospital''

but after the media furore against the reds created by their fellow red leaders, they would say that wouldn't they?

perhaps it was another instance of those damned fake reds.....

Disgraceful actions taken by the reds! I support the need for change and new elections but this is ridiculous!

I think things will only get worse from now on as the reds push harder to get rid of PM.

Welcome to LACK OF SANCTIONS (LOS)

I looked on BBC earlier and now't there. :)

I know I checked BBc , Cnn and a few others. Nothing.

Obviously not so important as we think it is. People probably storm and search hospitals the world over every day.

Please, someone stop these idiots....We are far beyond a peaceful protest! TERRORISM is the correct name......

Shoot all their legs (not kill them).

When they admit to hospital for treatment, arrest them there.

Easier said than done. Have you ever tried to shoot the legs of a moving target. Police and armed forces are trained to shoot for the centre of body mass, ohh excluding groups such as snipers.

Its a dangerous practice and increases the chances of someone else being accidentally shot.

DISGUSTING behaviour from the mindless redshirt thugs.

Edited by neverdie

This abhorrent act has finally removed any remaining symapthy I may have had for the DAAD cause.

Can it finally be understood that calling this band of law breakers protesters is ridiculous. They are clearly revolutionaries; much like terrorists.

Just hope the police and army finally get their act together and stop this nonsense. And do it before the yellows do something stupid!

I looked on BBC earlier and now't there. :)

I know I checked BBc , Cnn and a few others. Nothing.

Obviously not so important as we think it is. People probably storm and search hospitals the world over every day.

I decided to leave a cooment on their have your say option.

I just thought you may be interested in how the "peaceful" protest is being conducted by the "poor" red leaders.

I also left them a link here incase they are interested.

Edited by Mosha