City Garden Condo's

Zodiac

Recently I visited the new City Garden Condo's, Second Road. I was shown some places for sale and rent. Just my opinion but I found the whole complex a jungle of concrete and glass, and not some where I would want to live.It seemed sterile and soulless.

Furthermore the condo's both for sale and rent I thought to be grossly over priced.

Do others agree ?

It seemed sterile and soulless.

Isn't it a little bit normal ?

It's a new condo, recently open, with yet nearly no life/people in...

Furthermore the condo's both for sale and rent I thought to be grossly over priced.

Could you give us examples of prices you were quoted to buy/rent ?

It won't be 'sterile' for long... Wait till they start hanging their washing out on the balconies. And cluttering up the common areas with junk, bikes and unwanted furniture.. Won't take long before it looks like a Pikey's camp.. Very few places here are well looked after. The cheap paint bubbles up and molds and the paving will crack, Not to mention the pile of food containers, shoes and other debris that every security guard needs next to his box.

Location sucks. You have go through a small soi or through the Avenue to access the condos behind second avenue.

Way to expensive. Starting a $2M baht for a studio condo. Are you kidding?

From my rental condo, I can see the development. I count 4 occupied apartments.

Rents will come down fast, very fast. The studios are worth about 7 to 9k per month depending on location.

All the condos on this street are next to SB. SB prices will eventually rule for rent and purchase.

I looked at City Gardens, and even the property agent admitted to me it was a "chicken warren" . From my research I discovered that no one with any sense wants to live there.

City Gardens, is in the same street as a place called The Urban, which is next to another new monstrocity calling itself the "Nova Avenue".

People are now calling the area:

Soi Ghetto.

Edited by homeseeker

I looked at a few condos about 9 months ago and have quite a lot of cash (well over 150 million baht, in various currencies).

But although the condos I saw would have been easily affordable to me, I didnt consider them good value for money or wise investments. Quite the opposite in fact. I though they were tacky, horribly designed, very poorly constructed and quite honestly more of a liability than an asset in terms of an investment. There wasn't a single one I would want to have lived in.

One I saw that was still being built had lots of gaps between the bricks in its walls. These walls will be plastered or concreted over but it was obvious the quality of construction was awful. A falang owned the construction company and I was promised all kinds of things about "British standards" etc etc by the sales persson. But I imagine buyers are just suckers making a semi ganster semi conman immensely rich. How many stupid Brits, Russians, Australians etc have bought this crap? Even a Russian money launderer would surely think twice about the complete sh*t on offer in this place?

This story was repeated in all that I saw.

Some falang seem to think if prices are less than in London, say, then they are getting good value. But that is nonsense. Thailand isn't England, it isn't the US, it isn't Singapore. In fact, it isn't even Greece! It is a 2nd world country bordering on 3rd world. It is politically unstable, its infrastructure is barely functional (look at the roads, the drainage systems, the utilities, the internet services), the police are basically a mafia and there is no rule of law. Further, falang have no rights whatsoever. If you get cheated out of what you paid for your condo then forget justice and compensation. You are more likely to get beaten up or even killed if you complain.

No, prices in Thailand should be a 10th, at best, of what they are in, say, Singapore or London. But looking at Pattaya for example, prices are actually often much higher than that, they are sometimes even on a par with these places, especially for the so called "high end" developments.

Good luck to anyone who has bought, you are going to need it. My guess is that most who have bought in the last 5 years will never ever be able to get their money back. There is too much supply, the deterioration in built property is too fast and Thailand is descending into the dark ages.

Looks like it is the perfect place for Guys who like to get smashed every night, sleep all day and then start all over again. An the next International Hospital is also not too far away, just in case the liver is going downhill. No view, but this kind of people dont need that anyway.